Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ram TRX vs. Ford Raptor

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Isn't the 3.5TT in the GT 650hp? Why not just up that hp for the next gen?

Id be surprised that the 7.3 found its way into any F150. Just like the 392/6.4 isn't available in the Ram 1500s
I think the Godzilla was built with the intention of putting her in the Raptor. I just cant see the Coyote motor going into her and no Predator motor and or the Voodoo motor. I think the 2021 Raptor refresh wants to stand out and I mean come on Predator and Raptor what a perfect marriage LOL. But a Godzilla and a Raptor now we are talking.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I think the Godzilla was built with the intention of putting her in the Raptor. I just cant see the Coyote motor going into her and no Predator motor and or the Voodoo motor. I think the 2021 Raptor refresh wants to stand out and I mean come on Predator and Raptor what a perfect marriage LOL. But a Godzilla and a Raptor now we are talking.
Listen to the interviews with the Godzilla engineers and you may change your opinion... There was NOTHING aimed at performance in the build, more so longevity and low cost. It's a fleet motor for those that don't need or want a diesel.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Listen to the interviews with the Godzilla engineers and you may change your opinion... There was NOTHING aimed at performance in the build, more so longevity and low cost. It's a fleet motor for those that don't need or want a diesel.
Good points and think its valid and it would be a first for sure so stay tuned.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I'm going to add it to my TRX (if I proceed tomorrow with my build), it's only a $500 option. So it's worth getting once to see if I like it. I kept my build cheapish. I added some stuff like bead lock wheels, then noticed the description says "beadlock capable". Doesn't seem like real beadlocks to me.

I also read somewhere online that the Raptor requires markers of sorts to use the trailer back up assist. The Ram doesn't need the markers.
Don‘t even get me started on the stupid ass stickers you need for the backup assist! Ass Pain of Epic Proportions!

Seriously, if you are comfortable backing a trailer skip the option. It’s not worth the money!

I like the Beadlock Capable Wheels on my Raptor. They look cool. If I can swing the TRX they would be a must because they look cool. But again, I’m 12 years old at heart.