Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RE in the house!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So I'm taking a ride to get a photo op with the RE (Pics posted in the 'what did you do to your hellcat today' forum today) when I see this totally flat black wrapped, low, super top, top end 4dr model Beemer or Mercedes big'n bad coming down the highway right as I merge. He passes, I merge, no one in front. Perfect. He's loud and @3cars out. I hear'm hit it. It's on. I'm in track mode for eng and tranny, sport for everything else. Heavy controlled throttle down, then hammer down, NT05's doin' what there supposed to. Blower WHINE. Catch'm, Pass'm pull 3-4 cars. Pulls up at next light. First thing he say's "That a Redeye?". I said "how the fu%^ could you know that !? It's debadged and a narrow body" He says "I could here it and I usually whip on you guys". I laughed and said "yea well you ain't whippi'n on this". He says I'm still putting more down at the wheel". We talked a minute at the light, totally cool guy, good convo. Then I turned off to take the pics. I was just shocked he knew it was a RE and the RE was getting that recognition.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So I'm taking a ride to get a photo op with the RE (Pics posted in the 'what did you do to your hellcat today' forum today) when I see this totally flat black wrapped, low, super top, top end 4dr model Beemer or Mercedes big'n bad coming down the highway right as I merge. He passes, I merge, no one in front. Perfect. He's loud and @3cars out. I hear'm hit it. It's on. I'm in track mode for eng and tranny, sport for everything else. Heavy controlled throttle down, then hammer down, NT05's doin' what there supposed to. Blower WHINE. Catch'm, Pass'm pull 3-4 cars. Pulls up at next light. First thing he say's "That a Redeye?". I said "how the fu%^ could you know that !? It's debadged and a narrow body" He says "I could here it and I usually whip on you guys". I laughed and said "yea well you ain't whippi'n on this". He says I'm still putting more down at the wheel". We talked a minute at the light, totally cool guy, good convo. Then I turned off to take the pics. I was just shocked he knew it was a RE and the RE was getting that recognition.
Whoopin his A** made ur nipples hard ..didn't it...;)

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did someone say Nipples?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did someone say Nipples?
Naples.....
Florida....
Geeshh....
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Oh wait...
He DID say Nipples!:eek:

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Probably an m5 or e63, nasty piece of work those cars are. They eat demons on the street 😱😱 from a dig. They are down 100-150 hp tho so from a roll the redeye does its job, they can keep up with a hellcat but even standard hellcat does its job and walks them from 50/60 rolls after both cars are at 80+.

OP
coolblue

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #8
Probably an m5 or e63, nasty piece of work those cars are. They eat demons on the street 😱😱 from a dig. They are down 100-150 hp tho so from a roll the redeye does its job, they can keep up with a hellcat but even standard hellcat does its job and walks them from 50/60 rolls after both cars are at 80+.
He said he had more at the wheel than me stock, and car def wasn't stock. Car was big and expensive, yet rowdy. Had an American muscle loudness to it and a pop pop when on off throttle/ after race. I'm seeing more and more of these rumbly, loud Bimmer's and Mercedes on the road that sound like American V-8's. Funny I thought all these guys liked refinement. Guess for years they really all had muscle car envy. LOL. Also, who knows maybe he was playing with me or didn't expect me to come on that strong with the RE. I turned off to take some pics, maybe he had more in it and thought we'd go again. Traffic was in front and around us at light so I wouldn't of anyway.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I raced a blacked out E 63 AMG last sunday from about 70. I wasn't so fortunate, he pulled me by about a half car length through 4th gear until we came up on traffic. Either he wasn't stock or the 600 hp rating is way underated.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I raced a blacked out E 63 AMG last sunday from about 70. I wasn't so fortunate, he pulled me by about a half car length through 4th gear until we came up on traffic. Either he wasn't stock or the 600 hp rating is way underated.
Germans are notorious for sandbagging the stock hp number, the new m5 and e63 are actually circa 650-700 hp, that combined with their awd that can go full rwd with the flip of a switch makes them absolutely disgusting. A simple "chip" or tune and these twin turbo beasts crank out another 100 hp/100 lb ft torque.

So on a simple tune you could be looking at potentially an 800 hp awd car, the only caveat is that these cars are 110k+ when optioned out properly.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
He said he had more at the wheel than me stock, and car def wasn't stock. Car was big and expensive, yet rowdy. Had an American muscle loudness to it and a pop pop when on off throttle/ after race. I'm seeing more and more of these rumbly, loud Bimmer's and Mercedes on the road that sound like American V-8's. Funny I thought all these guys liked refinement. Guess for years they really all had muscle car envy. LOL. Also, who knows maybe he was playing with me or didn't expect me to come on that strong with the RE. I turned off to take some pics, maybe he had more in it and thought we'd go again. Traffic was in front and around us at light so I wouldn't of anyway.
Amg is known as german muscle, we are in the process of getting rid of our 2004 e55 amg, it was doing 0-60 in 4.5 seconds back in 2004. It was nicknamed the Ferrari killer, it would eat up corvettes, vipers, Lamborghinis, etc etc.

5.5L supercharged v8 making about 500 hp/ 500 lb ft torque, give or take a bit. Stock that car works brand new scat packs.

We did a pulley, intake, catless exhaust from secondary cats, headers, etc etc and we are making circa 600-620 at the wheels, from a dig it has spanked my charger hc (non-wb)

Would have loved to see how it would fair against a wb but we ended up selling it, car had 64k miles and sold for 27k.

German cars are quiet stock but modded can get very loud, they truly are the best of both worlds if you can afford it and afford to deal with expensive issues, at this point in life I'm not comfortable spending $1200/mo on a lease or 120k+ on a new car, the hellcat is the better bang for buck and performs well enough for me.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burbank
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
1989 Dodge Caravan
Sounds like fun. Always cool to hear some fun racing stories.