Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rear Seat Delete for the REDEYE

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
I always intended to add the REAR SEAT DELETE to my 2019 REDEYE Widebody. I thought the smart play was to order the vehicle with the back seat in place and then get the delete kit later. I figured having the rear seat will help with the resale value when it comes time to part ways.

The issue I'm having is that FCA won't let me order the DEMON version of the kit. To the best of my knowledge there are two versions of the kit:

82215917 - the SRT Challenger Version

and

82215918 - the SRT Challenger DEMON Version.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 7.01.42 PM.png

What's the difference? The Demon version has a cutout and plug as part of the lower panel:

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.07.52 PM.png

The plug is so that you can add the Harness Bar:

Harness.JPG

Here is where it gets a little FUNKY...

Below is a picture of the interior of a 2019 REDEYE with the factory ordered rear seat delete option (AEW).

20190123_105945.jpg

It clearly comes with the "DEMON" version. So how do I get this kit for my 2019 Redeye? FCA is telling me that I can only order the 82215918 Demon kit by providing a 2018 Demon VIN. I tried a work-around by supplying a Demon VIN that I sourced from the internet - but then they asked for proof of Demon ownership. Using my Redeye VIN didn't work either.

Anyone have any insight to this?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I always intended to add the REAR SEAT DELETE to my 2019 REDEYE Widebody. I thought the smart play was to order the vehicle with the back seat in place and then get the delete kit later. I figured having the rear seat will help with the resale value when it comes time to part ways.

The issue I'm having is that FCA won't let me order the DEMON version of the kit. To the best of my knowledge there are two versions of the kit:

and

View attachment 2845

What's the difference? The Demon version has a cutout and plug as part of the lower panel:

View attachment 2847

View attachment 2848

Below is a picture of the interior of a 2019 REDEYE with the factory ordered rear seat delete option (AEW).

View attachment 2850

It clearly comes with the "DEMON" version. So how do I get this kit for my 2019 Redeye? FCA is telling me that I can only order the 82215918 Demon kit by providing a 2018 Demon VIN. I tried a work-around by supplying a Demon VIN that I sourced from the internet - but then they asked for proof of Demon ownership. Using my Redeye VIN didn't work either.

are you planning to install the harness bar?

REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
You’re awesome bro, thanks a million

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

and

View attachment 2845

View attachment 2847

View attachment 2848

View attachment 2850

I just got my Redeye and ordered the factory seat delete. And it has the removable center cap.

Attachments

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I just got my Redeye and ordered the factory seat delete. And it has the removable center cap.
Did you order the car with factory seat delete, or did you order a kit aside from the vehicle build (install after delivery) ?

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Did you order the car with factory seat delete, or did you order a kit aside from the vehicle build (install after delivery) ?
I did order mine this way from the factory. I think it was $1.00 for the option!

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
are you planning to install the harness bar?
I would definitely like the option to do so. I know that some have ordered the regular kit, then the plastic cap separately, and cut a hole to fit the cap. I would just rather avoid that.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
I did order mine this way from the factory. I think it was $1.00 for the option!
Exactly! We should be able to order the same kit from Mopar! Harness bar looks great by the way.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I would definitely like the option to do so. I know that some have ordered the regular kit, then the plastic cap separately, and cut a hole to fit the cap. I would just rather avoid that.

When I checked into it originally. I did not think the hole or center cap would come with my rear seat delete and that I would need a Demon center cap and have to cut a hole. So I called a national Dodge ordering parts outlet and asked if I could order the Demon center cap. They told me that cap only came with the seat delete package and couldn't be ordered separately.

Sounds like you know that some have ordered the caps. If you find out, please let me know where etc. I would order another one and modify the one I have to work with the bar. Just don't want to mess with the one I have now, in case I get rid of the car some day and they want it in tact.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Exactly! We should be able to order the same kit from Mopar! Harness bar looks great by the way.
Thanks, its by AAD! They are great to work with and honest! I have a fire extinguisher mount coming that I will run on the front down tube!

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
On another thread (on another forum) someone ordered the cap separately. Apparently it was $16. No part number though.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
On another thread (on another forum) someone ordered the cap separately. Apparently it was $16. No part number though.
The P/N of the closeout panel is in the first photo - go check again. I ordered one the other day and it's on the way...

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Just order the kit for the redeye it is the same as the Demon just without the logo in the plastic cutout.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I don’t know the number mine was built with the car.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I don’t know the number mine was built with the car.
Sorry MarkP. I sent that message to you by mistake.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The P/N of the closeout panel is in the first photo - go check again. I ordered one the other day and it's on the way...
Could u tell me what item number it is on the list. I will track one down as well.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Just order the kit for the redeye it is the same as the Demon just without the logo in the plastic cutout.
That’s what I would like to do... but no part number has surfaced other than the two I mentioned in original post.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Could u tell me what item number it is on the list. I will track one down as well.
68423573AA

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thank you!

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Check this out... Parts Department list with graphic.

Attachments

Last edited: