Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye on e85

Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
I got my car back today from HHP today. I decided to go with a 2.85 litens and an e85 conversion.
I also wanted an Innovate ethanol content gauge which required Fore fuel rails. This e85 conversion also required dual boosts pumps and ID 1340 injectors.
Needless to say I’m ecstatic with the results.

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Looks like a nice setup. Odd item behind that ethanol gauge pic though mate LOL.

Surprised you needed dual boost a pumps with the RE fuel system.

OP
Machran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
Thread Starter #3
Looks like a nice setup. Odd item behind that ethanol gauge pic though mate LOL.

Surprised you needed dual boost a pumps with the RE fuel system.
Lol that’s a marker to write numbers on the windows at the track. I was wondering how long it would be before someone commented on it.
The boost a pumps are more for insurance.

Last edited:

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Nice numbers!

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
The dual BAP is one unit with two driver output pigtails for each of the fpdm's in the Redeye dual pump system. If it's a Kenne Bell BAP be careful if the output is set at 21V, you most likely will be pegging fuel pressure and can cause the relief valve to open. My car is a 2.75 E85 Redeye and I have to run the KB Dual BAP on 17V. Some guys even have to disconnect the BAP from one of the pump drivers and let one pump run stock voltage to keep pressures from pegging. Ive data logged my cart with no BAP on E85 and it holds pressure but I feel more comfortable on the 17V setting which keeps the pressure around 105 thru WOT. On the 21V setting the pressure reads111 which is all HP Tuners will register to, not sure how high it really was but it's too high for sure.

OP
Machran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
Thread Starter #6
The dual BAP is one unit with two driver output pigtails for each of the fpdm's in the Redeye dual pump system. If it's a Kenne Bell BAP be careful if the output is set at 21V, you most likely will be pegging fuel pressure and can cause the relief valve to open. My car is a 2.75 E85 Redeye and I have to run the KB Dual BAP on 17V. Some guys even have to disconnect the BAP from one of the pump drivers and let one pump run stock voltage to keep pressures from pegging. Ive data logged my cart with no BAP on E85 and it holds pressure but I feel more comfortable on the 17V setting which keeps the pressure around 105 thru WOT. On the 21V setting the pressure reads111 which is all HP Tuners will register to, not sure how high it really was but it's too high for sure.
I trust HHP to set it up. That’s why I chose them.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I got my car back today from HHP today. I decided to go with a 2.85 litens and an e85 conversion.
I also wanted an Innovate ethanol content gauge which required Fore fuel rails. This e85 conversion also required dual boosts pumps and ID 1340 injectors.
Needless to say I’m ecstatic with the results.
Looks real nice. This is a dedicated E85 tune correct? No flex capability?

OP
Machran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
Thread Starter #8
Looks real nice. This is a dedicated E85 tune correct? No flex capability?
It’s a pump e85 tune. Josh said it’s good for e75 and up. The pump e85 I gave them was around e76. I wasn’t interested in a “Flex tune”. I do have a 93 tune I can use for emergencies, to clean it out or for storage. You don’t want to make that boost with the 93 tune.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Nice! Looks like fun. Looks like the 2.85 on a redeye with e85 is good for about 40hp over a standard hellcat.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The RE 2.7L blower being bigger than the Hellcat 2.4L accounts for that extra power on same pulley size. Those in the know have said a 2.85 is the max pulley that should be run on a 2.7L blower though due to rotor deflection.

What I've found interesting is the HC has a max fuel pressure of about 80psi and the RE is like 105psi. Some have told me they actually dial down the RE fuel pressure to increase flow. I've got my dual pump setup set to the factory 80psi, but did some testing bumping it up to 90 which was about the max it would go before opening the fuel system bypass.

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
I think the Redeye max fuel pressure is above 105, before dialing down my BAP I was seeing pegged pressure readings of 111 and the bypass did not open. At 17V I see 103-107 psi with a momentary spike of 110-111 when the BAP first comes in after WOT. I did not know the HC maxes around 80, I see 80-85 on the Redeye with the BAP disconnected. This is on a E85 2.75 pulley and FIC 1200 injectors. Some tuners have said you don't necessarily need a BAP on a Redeye E85 2.85 pulley set-up.

Interesting note on the 2.85 pulley max on the 2.7L blower. I recently switched from a litens 2.85 pulley to a Griptech fixed pulley, switch was made due to the Liten pulley failure. At the track on decel after the 1/4, the blower rap noise on decel is extreme as the car decels thru the gears slowing down from 140mph. I'm considering switching into neutral at the end of the 1/4, the shock load on the blower as the car decels thru engine braking in trans mode sport or especially in trans mode track has got to be tough on the blower. At least it sounds tough on the blower. For the track, it should also be possible to tune out the decel engine braking/downshifting strategy that these mode settings employ..

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That decel off throttle stuff is why I went with the Litens pulley personally. I've heard some of them have had problems, but I've not had any with mine in a few years now.

You could technically change the down shift points in the tune, but would be a bit complex on the front end to get that right based on output shaft speed.

In the factory RE tune the max commanded fuel pressure is 700 kPa which is around 101psi.

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
I'm going to play around with it, at those load levels the off throttle decel blower whine is momentarily just as loud as the WOT accel whine.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@Speedy! and @nate-roth . I had problems with a Litens 3.17 awhile back that I posted on here with pics. Was getting real rattley, marble noises coming from the blower snout. Turns out that was an early prototype that wasn't supposed to be sold to the public. Just recently installed a brand new one (another 3.17) and all is quiet so I was like "Yea problem fixed!". Now I'm hearing about possible failures??! Have not heard of that. Oh well, another 'aftermarket' potential problem to worry about.
Funny thing of note: When I was installing, it said in instructions to only place pulley face up on surfaces while waiting to install or damage could incur. I thought that was weird and seemed kinda delicate of a piece to be taking that much abuse on the frontline of the boost situation. Like, what are the internal guts gonna fall out of position if placed wrong on a completely assembled ready to be installed piece. Just seemed weird to me.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Nice build!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
[QUOTE="Machran, post: 190013, member: 1312"]I trust HHP to set it up. That’s why I chose them.[/QUOTE]
Exactly!!
Josh's has a very vast knowledge and experience with the Modern Mopar.

Since the beginning of Hellcat Tuning ( I was there) He T&T's his work to know what works and what does not. I know he is always improving and gaining more knowledge through out the years and along the way.
This set-up is only done in house too.
Josh always wants to keep his customers Tunes safe and them driving or racing their Cars!

Congrats @Machran You have a a nice build!

Enjoy All the Fassst Fun!:cool::cool::cool:

Linda :)

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@Speedy! and @nate-roth . I had problems with a Litens 3.17 awhile back that I posted on here with pics. Was getting real rattley, marble noises coming from the blower snout. Turns out that was an early prototype that wasn't supposed to be sold to the public. Just recently installed a brand new one (another 3.17) and all is quiet so I was like "Yea problem fixed!". Now I'm hearing about possible failures??! Have not heard of that. Oh well, another 'aftermarket' potential problem to worry about.
Funny thing of note: When I was installing, it said in instructions to only place pulley face up on surfaces while waiting to install or damage could incur. I thought that was weird and seemed kinda delicate of a piece to be taking that much abuse on the frontline of the boost situation. Like, what are the internal guts gonna fall out of position if placed wrong on a completely assembled ready to be installed piece. Just seemed weird to me.
There have been some reports of the decoupler system failing in a few of the Litens pulleys. I don't think it's wide spread. I have one of the very early 2.72 Hellraiser pulleys that I've had on my car for like 3 years I think. LOTS of WOT pulls and track runs with it and no problems (knock on wood). After I installed mine one of the Litens engineers reached out asking how my install went, asked for a couple measurements, and informed me that not all of the cast blower snouts were exactly the same length and in some cases the pulley could contact the snout and have issues. Temperatures, thermal expansion of materials, etc all impacted that occurrence and I think now a small washer is included to make absolutely sure that doesn't happen. Mine doesn't have a washer though.

HHP has been posting some pretty nice dyno numbers on Instagram from their customer cars lately.

Last edited:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
The 2.7l IHi blower is good to about 20k blower RPM. A 2.85 litens is a good choice and will operate under that depending on your engine RPM. At that boost level , I wouldnt consider a flex tune or even think about running 91 or 93 octane. Some shops do sell flex tuning on setups this big ( and tune them with diablo). They must have the tune bleed boost to keep the car happy on 91/93. Kind of defeats the purpose of adding boost though.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm trying to think through how they bleed boost based on ethanol content %, that'd be pretty complex I think. Cool stuff none the less. Does the Diablo solution use inferred or require the sensor? I'd like to try the sensor version at some point but I'm not sure my 2016 can support it and so far I've only seen Satera offer that and it has to be in house last I read which is kind of a bummer.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Barth is doing flex on diablo. Believe he uses a sensor.