Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye vs ZL1 1LE ...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Drag and track, predictable but a fun watch ...

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Poor cars need real tires for both kinds of races. They should also use custom mode imo for drag racing, not track mode, but meh.

That exhaust/engine note on the Redeye, love it!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Both cars look like fun... but, they aren't truly comparable.

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Just what I expected! Thanks for posting.

Chevyave

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Allen
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Redeye, 20 Charger Hellcat, 21 DDHC
Surprised DGatzby hasn't made any comments about this race. A few months ago we had a debate about a C6ZR1 vs. a Redeye and he tried to allude the Redeye would be very competitive. The Redeye is a great muscle car, but it is not a sports car. Completely two different categories of vehicles and that is why I have both.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I am saving my typing strokes. It depends on the track. I did not allude to it, we have went by them period. We have already shown that anything is possible up at Donnybrook. The only Porsche that passed Trackday was a GT3-RS, on the Porsche day. I passed every Corvette except a '68 on the Vette day. I have already went by a Camaro identical to the tested item with my old Hellcat. We may come down to Texas when we can't stand the winter any longer this year. If we do, we will give you a shout.

Chevyave

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Allen
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Redeye, 20 Charger Hellcat, 21 DDHC
Believe me I understand you can pass all those cars because a lot depends on the individual driving the car. I have an 04 Z06 that I use for HPDE and very few cars get away from me either. However, a professional driver in a Honda Civic can probably embarrass me on a road course. The point is in the hands of a professional driver a Redeye is not as capable as a true sports car. I am glad I could pull you off-sides again. I also owed you from the Unicorn picture..;)

Last edited:

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Put tires and brake pads on the Redeye and run it on a course not designed for a Miata and that Camaro would be very unhappy. It comes with soft tires already.
Note, I did not say we would be faster. But the Camaro owner would be unhappy. We would be a lot closer than his ego would like.

Last edited:

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I am saving my typing strokes. It depends on the track. I did not allude to it, we have went by them period. We have already shown that anything is possible up at Donnybrook. The only Porsche that passed Trackday was a GT3-RS, on the Porsche day. I passed every Corvette except a '68 on the Vette day. I have already went by a Camaro identical to the tested item with my old Hellcat. We may come down to Texas when we can't stand the winter any longer this year. If we do, we will give you a shout.
A friend with a Charger is going to COTA in Feb with MVP Track time. He's still learning but he's getting there. Still on 285/35 tires though.
I'd be nervous of leaving here in Feb. The roads through the Plains states could be pretty bad.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
A friend with a Charger is going to COTA in Feb with MVP Track time. He's still learning but he's getting there. Still on 285/35 tires though.
I'd be nervous of leaving here in Feb. The roads through the Plains states could be pretty bad.
I know, I know. I did stupid crap when I was "younger" I lived. I have been thinking about that. I got approval from the budget director, the rest is easy unless someone puts an impossible to avoid meeting in. We may have to tough it out unless it is impossible somewhere. Could be a great road trip.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Believe me I understand you can pass all those cars because a lot depends on the individual driving the car. I have an 04 Z06 that I use for HPDE and very few cars get away from me either. However, a professional driver in a Honda Civic can probably embarrass me on a road course. The point is in the hands of a professional driver a Redeye is not as capable as a true sports car. I am glad I could pull you off-sides again. I also owed you from the Unicorn picture..;)
Come on dude, I don't know who you are, you have never met me, that is about enough. I'll bet if we meet we could even be friends.

Nobody in a Civic is going to embarrass me. Come on, they are not that much better.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Nobody in a Civic is going to embarrass me. Come on, they are not that much better.
Obviously you've never driven a FK2 Civic Type R K20C1 Direct Fuel Injection 1,996 cc (2.0 L; 121.8 cu in) turbocharged Inline-four engine with Earth Dreams Technology. :)

10292523_10205348503781875_154087939026364426_n.jpg

All in good fun DGatzby... :LOL:

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You guys want to beat on me, PM me and we can meet.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Both cars look like fun... but, they aren't truly comparable.
Yes and no. They are around the same price. It depends on what you want out of a car. If I was buying new today I’d compare these and the new Corvette C8 to see what moved me the most. If your budget is $80,000ish you should drive everything in that price range to see what you like the best.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Yes and no. They are around the same price. It depends on what you want out of a car. If I was buying new today I’d compare these and the new Corvette C8 to see what moved me the most. If your budget is $80,000ish you should drive everything in that price range to see what you like the best.
A Corvette is useless to a family man who wants his wife and 2.5 kids to come along with him; anything less is selfish.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
You guys want to beat on me, PM me and we can meet.

Gatzby, if we ever met I just need you to know I'm gonna spend at LEAST 45 minutes trying to find an angle on your car that doesn't make the chrome and octane red look good. It's ridiculous how good that car looks. I hate chrome. Stop making me like it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Gatzby, if we ever met I just need you to know I'm gonna spend at LEAST 45 minutes trying to find an angle on your car that doesn't make the chrome and octane red look good. It's ridiculous how good that car looks. I hate chrome. Stop making me like it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks sir. You may want to look at it for 5 minutes and drive it for 40, you would like it even more.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Thanks sir. You may want to look at it for 5 minutes and drive it for 40, you would like it even more.

I wouldn't even ask if I could drive it! I'm not that crazy! Lol