Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye Widebody Performance Amazing

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Yesterday I went out riding with a friend who ownes 2 Lambos, a Gallardo and a Huracan Performante. There was another guy with a Porsche 911. We were leap frogging for a while and then there came a deserted stretch of road about 5 miles until a stop light. I was first in line when I saw my buddy who was driving the Huracan move in the other lane to "lead frog" me. I was like let's just see what happens and I accelerated when he got next to me, thinking for sure he was going to leave me standing still. But that didn't happen...we were absolutely even until I saw the stop light far enough away I knew we needed to slow down. I did and he got in front. We stopped at a gas station at the stop light and I asked him if he was giving it all he had and he said yes. He was on Corsa mode too, which I believe is kinda like track mode for us Dodge owners. I was in Sport mode...but I was extremely amazed on the power and acceleration of the REWB (stock by the way). I believe he said his speedometer was at 185 when we were getting on it...I didn't look down at mine at the time. Anyway, I am not saying the REWB is faster than a Lambo, if we started from a stop he would get me all day, but we were around 100 when he came next to me, so at that speed and up the REWB is pretty impressive. Plus I spent $180K less on mine :).

Last edited:

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Yesterday I went out riding with a friend who owner 2 Lambos, a Gallardo and a Huracan Performante. There was another guy with a Porsche 911. We were leap frogging for a while and then there came a deserted stretch of road about 5 miles until a stop light. I was first in line when I saw my buddy who was driving the Huracan move in the other lane to "lead frog" me. I was like let's just see what happens and I accelerated when he got next to me, thinking for sure he was going to leave me standing still. But that didn't happen...we were absolutely even until I saw the stop light far enough away I knew we needed to slow down. I did and he got in front. We stopped at a gas station at the stop light and I asked him if he was giving it all he had and he said yes. He was on Corsa mode too, which I believe is kinda like track mode for us Dodge owners. I was in Sport mode...but I was extremely amazed on the power and acceleration of the REWB (stock by the way). I believe he said his speedometer was at 185 when we were getting on it...I didn't look down at mine at the time. Anyway, I am not saying the REWB is faster than a Lambo, if we started from a stop he would get me all day, but we were around 100 when he came next to me, so at that speed and up the REWB is pretty impressive. Plus I spent $180K less on mine :).
Sounds good. Can't you look on your performance screen and see your top speed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #3
Sounds good. Can't you look on your performance screen and see your top speed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I can but its not going to help...it shows 199 since the last time it got dynod.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn I give you guys credit for being a little fun crazy lol. And sounds like fun but at 185 you gotta know your hauling ass. If you come to Virginia your screwed beyond screwed if you get caught. After 90 Mph your a day in Jail for every mile over 90. So you’d be at 95 days in jail here and automatic loss of license for a year and maybe more. Class 1 Criminal Conviction Charge and insurance will be 6-10k increase lol. I just went thru this shit two years ago so don‘t come to VIRGINIA it’s the WORST SPEEDING ticket state in the COUNTRY. And yeah I come to Florida all the time and hit Interstate 75 and have some fun lol.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Yesterday I went out riding with a friend who ownes 2 Lambos, a Gallardo and a Huracan Performante. There was another guy with a Porsche 911. We were leap frogging for a while and then there came a deserted stretch of road about 5 miles until a stop light. I was first in line when I saw my buddy who was driving the Huracan move in the other lane to "lead frog" me. I was like let's just see what happens and I accelerated when he got next to me, thinking for sure he was going to leave me standing still. But that didn't happen...we were absolutely even until I saw the stop light far enough away I knew we needed to slow down. I did and he got in front. We stopped at a gas station at the stop light and I asked him if he was giving it all he had and he said yes. He was on Corsa mode too, which I believe is kinda like track mode for us Dodge owners. I was in Sport mode...but I was extremely amazed on the power and acceleration of the REWB (stock by the way). I believe he said his speedometer was at 185 when we were getting on it...I didn't look down at mine at the time. Anyway, I am not saying the REWB is faster than a Lambo, if we started from a stop he would get me all day, but we were around 100 when he came next to me, so at that speed and up the REWB is pretty impressive. Plus I spent $180K less on mine :).
I was watching mod to fame dyno today on YouTube. In sport mode the car made 691 to the wheel. In track it made 702. So to reference.. you only get about 10 more total WHP in track as opposed to sport.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Another thing I noticed the other day some may not realize.. you know you can customize your settings in street, sport and track mode? Not just custom mode. All settings are customizable except Transmission settings. For instance if you want to use the killer chiller but you want soft suspension and sport steering.. use track mode and you can adjust suspension to street and steering to sport and still be in track setting with track trans but other settings being adjustable. Didn’t realize this until the other day..

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Another thing I noticed the other day some may not realize.. you know you can customize your settings in street, sport and track mode? Not just custom mode. All settings are customizable except Transmission settings. For instance if you want to use the killer chiller but you want soft suspension and sport steering.. use track mode and you can adjust suspension to street and steering to sport and still be in track setting with track trans but other settings being adjustable. Didn’t realize this until the other day..
Notice the chiller only works in 100% Track Mode, one modification and it turns off.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Yesterday I went out riding with a friend who ownes 2 Lambos, a Gallardo and a Huracan Performante. There was another guy with a Porsche 911.
I wish I had friends with that kind of scratch!!! All my buds have mullet Camaros and Astro vans etc....wish we all had that kind of cash actually....:unsure:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Notice the chiller only works in 100% Track Mode, one modification and it turns off.
So your saying even on the Track setting. If I mod the suspension it will turn off? Are you sure of this? I’m not talking custom setting. I’m talking track setting but still customizing.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So your saying even on the Track setting. If I mod the suspension it will turn off? Are you sure of this? I’m not talking custom setting. I’m talking track setting but still customizing.
Any modification from full Track Mode on the screen, not mods. As long as the computer can't see my bushings, tires and so on that is ok.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I haven’t even used it yet.. is there any notification Gatz when it’s actually on or functioning? Like in performance settings? Where it says killer chiller is on?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I haven’t even used it yet.. is there any notification Gatz when it’s actually on or functioning? Like in performance settings?
You can hear the fans damn near over the exhaust.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can hear the fans damn near over the exhaust.
Thanks, gotcha so kinda that same crazy fan sound when you activate the cool down mode? I have heard that feature on the charger.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Any modification from full Track Mode on the screen, not mods. As long as the computer can't see my bushings, tires and so on that is ok.
So is your car actually faster around the track in all track mode? Or is it faster in a custom setting you use?

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
How long can you even leave the killer chiller on? Is it bad if you leave that on more than say 10 or 15 minutes?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Damn I give you guys credit for being a little fun crazy lol. And sounds like fun but at 185 you gotta know your hauling ass. If you come to Virginia your screwed beyond screwed if you get caught. After 90 Mph your a day in Jail for every mile over 90. So you’d be at 95 days in jail here and automatic loss of license for a year and maybe more. Class 1 Criminal Conviction Charge and insurance will be 6-10k increase lol. I just went thru this shit two years ago so don‘t come to VIRGINIA it’s the WORST SPEEDING ticket state in the COUNTRY. And yeah I come to Florida all the time and hit Interstate 75 and have some fun lol.
Good to know since I'll be in Dahlgren at the end of April.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks, gotcha so kinda that same crazy fan sound when you activate the cool down mode? I have heard that feature on the charger.
Yep, same speeds same fans- HIGH SPEED! Late in the fall I had the cool down going in my garage. 3 1/2 stalls, it warmed it up noticeably!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
How long can you even leave the killer chiller on? Is it bad if you leave that on more than say 10 or 15 minutes?
No, never worried about it. I believe at WOT it stops, but I leave it in Track Mode for 15-20 minute sessions, followed by the cool down feature just to piss off the Ford and Chevy guys.

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #19
I was watching mod to fame dyno today on YouTube. In sport mode the car made 691 to the wheel. In track it made 702. So to reference.. you only get about 10 more total WHP in track as opposed to sport.
I didn't know that....It appears I didn't need track mode after all.

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #20
I wish I had friends with that kind of scratch!!! All my buds have mullet Camaros and Astro vans etc....wish we all had that kind of cash actually....:unsure:
Yep. I get you. It helps when you are a Anesthesiologist!!!