Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Road Racing the beast!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
A friend of mine from Detroit has signed up for COTA in late January. He's towing his Charger on an open trailer with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I wish him the best.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #62
I received my AAD front adjustable control arms yesterday. A shout out to AAD; they seem real, real light, and are nearly works of art. Those new spheriflex bearings just look tough and compact. Can't wait to feel the difference and start playing with the camber to help my front tires work and wear better on the track! More stuff is on the way! Merry Christmas!!

Oh damn speaking of tires! You guys will like these. Found out these are the rear tires for the Ford GT. My good friend out in CA is going to fit them on some jewels for the track for me. We will have something to show soon. The front of the car is a bit challenging, so we are double checking a couple of things. It is going to take some real self control to use up those slippery, noisy Toyo jokes. It will be interesting to see the lap time difference now btw these and those. Besides my peace of mind that they won't get all gooey and slide all over the place.
[raceflag]

IMG_1507.jpeg

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #63
A friend of mine from Detroit has signed up for COTA in late January. He's towing his Charger on an open trailer with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I wish him the best.
What, you think that is a problem? I know someone who can't even feel a Challenger on 20' behind a Grand.
IMG_5684.JPG

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I may well move up to at least a 3/4 ton to tow my 24' enclosed. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't tow our cars on an open trailer without a half ton. You're towing just too much more weight than your tow vehicle.
So far I haven't gotten a lot for my car this winter. Got some brake pads on a good sale but other than that it's been tools and some data acquisition stuff. Pricing on the Bilstein coilovers should be released next month with availability in March.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
You’re gonna love the Cup2s. Follow the initial heat cycle instructions that are generally recommended.....

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I may well move up to at least a 3/4 ton to tow my 24' enclosed.,,.
Skip the 3/4T.... Go to 1T single rear wheel.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
...Got some brake pads on a good sale but other than that it's been tools and some data acquisition stuff. ...
I plan on selling my cobalt friction pads for the hellcat now that it's finally sold... if you or @DGatzby are interested... i'll post publicly later if you're not.

...some data acquisition stuff. ...
Do tell!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #68
I may well move up to at least a 3/4 ton to tow my 24' enclosed. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't tow our cars on an open trailer without a half ton. You're towing just too much more weight than your tow vehicle.
So far I haven't gotten a lot for my car this winter. Got some brake pads on a good sale but other than that it's been tools and some data acquisition stuff. Pricing on the Bilstein coilovers should be released next month with availability in March.
Thanks but, that load felt light and the trailer tracked far better compared with several trips to the Black Hills and back in the past with far less equipped (less power, lessor tranny, no anti-sway capability) Grand Cherokees with heavy enclosed trailers hauling three or four motorcycles along. I have had big heavy enclosed trailers push a GC around big time, where this set-up don't feel like squat for some reason. This setup really don't bother me at all.
I plan on selling my cobalt friction pads for the hellcat now that it's finally sold... if you or @DGatzby are interested... i'll post publicly later if you're not.

Do tell!
Thanks @sad. Got them heat cycled. Hoping the extra width in the tires/wheels helps the RE with its big fat heavy handicap on the courses. Just waiting for one wheel/tire now to verify the front fit-up, the rear is a no-brainer. Also have stocked up with a set of DTC Hawks a couple of weeks ago. Hoping that unless I do a bunch of lapping I am looking good for brakes for a few months next year now. Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the work schedule into February, buddy. Got a couple of work complications that month which won't help that have come up. Need to get through December and see if the work schedule now will permit some leasure time on the road so we can plan on coming that way. Damn work always gets in the way of important things a guy needs to do. Almost certain even if we push it off, we need to come south to see you and at least get to Dallas also. We have a important personal reason to get to Dallas with the car. I'll explain when I see you.

I actually received a thumbs up from the financial chairman here to use the trailer! Sort of a 180 from this season after she grounded me after my little off road excursion in June.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Skip the 3/4T.... Go to 1T single rear wheel.
I'll see how it goes. A 1T is certainly a lot cheaper to register here.
I got an AIM Solo2 DL. So far I've downloaded Race Studio and paired it with my laptop. I'm anxious to see how it helps me next year.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Thanks @sad. Got them heat cycled. Hoping the extra width in the tires/wheels helps the RE with its big fat heavy handicap on the courses. Just waiting for one wheel/tire now to verify the front fit-up, the rear is a no-brainer. Also have stocked up with a set of DTC Hawks a couple of weeks ago. Hoping that unless I do a bunch of lapping I am looking good for brakes for a few months next year now. Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the work schedule into February, buddy. Got a couple of work complications that month which won't help that have come up. Need to get through December and see if the work schedule now will permit some leasure time on the road so we can plan on coming that way. Damn work always gets in the way of important things a guy needs to do. Almost certain even if we push it off, we need to come south to see you and at least get to Dallas also. We have a important personal reason to get to Dallas with the car. I'll explain when I see you.

I actually received a thumbs up from the financial chairman here to use the trailer! Sort of a 180 from this season after she grounded me after my little off road excursion in June.
I usually get mine heat cycled at Tire Rack for their $15/tire price. Takes my total impatience out of the equation. No way I can do it like i'm supposed to because i'm only like 9 years old on the inside.

Good that you've got the 'go-ahead' from the financial chair person in the family.... now just need to navigate the issues at work... i certainly understand the unpredictability of that! Good thing is the schedule... it's pretty jam-packed.... no matter when you decide to come down, it's almost guaranteed we can make a track weekend work.

I can bring the RV and we can stay at the track (referring to Hallett for the RV comments).... or my house - i'm about 1 hour 10 mins away..... or you can stay at hotel (approx 20 mins from track)... whatever suits you and your preferences.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #71
Good options, thanks @sad.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #72
I'll see how it goes. A 1T is certainly a lot cheaper to register here.
I got an AIM Solo2 DL. So far I've downloaded Race Studio and paired it with my laptop. I'm anxious to see how it helps me next year.
Looks like good stuff TD, looking forward to seeing how it all works. I am really getting tired of the nasty PIA sync I need to do with Harry's.