Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Rust-Proofing? Woolwax, Fluid Film, Waxoyl? Anybody have suggestions?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Does anyone have any suggestions based on experience with these products? I traded in my Redeye and will be trading in my wife’s SRT Jeep for two Trackhawks that are due to arrive around mid September. I realize the biggest factor in the effectiveness of rust proofing is the application, however there are also numerous products out there. I’m wondering which might be the best. While I could do the application myself, I’d really prefer not to. Any suggestions for shops in the Rochester NY vicinity?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I would google and YouTube your options.

OP
W
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #3
I would google and YouTube your options.
Thank you, Charger Challenger, for the reply! That’s the trouble, I did Google it and they all claim to be the best! I was wondering if anyone here had any first hand experience with any rust proofing products.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I'm in the rust belt and although haven't had the Hellcat treated with anything as it goes into hibernation when the salt hits the roads I have had excellent results with Ziebart. All my other cars have been ziebarted with excellent results. Look for a shop that's been in business a long time and know what they are doing is key. Newer cars have way better corrosion resistance than the old ones but they will still rust if you keep them long enough and are in an area that that is tough on cars with salt..

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@jonx96 mentioned something about using electricity that sounded pretty cool

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Does anyone have any suggestions based on experience with these products? I traded in my Redeye and will be trading in my wife’s SRT Jeep for two Trackhawks that are due to arrive around mid September. I realize the biggest factor in the effectiveness of rust proofing is the application, however there are also numerous products out there. I’m wondering which might be the best. While I could do the application myself, I’d really prefer not to. Any suggestions for shops in the Rochester NY vicinity?
I love my Fluid Film
Used it on all the suspension parts FCA chooses not to plate / coat properly

Its to thick for seams / small cracks etc
Not sure how it stands up on salt thou ?

My old vehicles were covered in tranny fluid annually ( for tight areas like doors, deck lid, hood )
This shit gets into all the cracks
&
It drips for 2 weeks

The under carriage was some other dripless oil

Stay away from tar products in my opinion
When I was young & stupid I tared up everything
Now I m old & stupid but don t use that crap any more

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/electronic-rust-proofing.8816/#post-184437
I made this thread put it on my truck. Usually if I was to wash it and it sat for a days you could see rust on the rotors. I don’t see that anymore so it must be working.
Having your car sprayed is only as good as the guy doing it and it is a mess. @vortecd and I saw a guy at the track and it attracted so much dust he popped his hood and it was a mess under there.
my brother and I had a similar year car one with this on there and one without. The car without was starting to rust pretty good. The car with it is still looking pretty good.
people can hate on it all they want but from everything I’ve seen it works. Which works better idk. But the electronic box isn’t a mess. A lot of dealerships will sell a similar box and give you a 10 year rust warranty with it.
I would never want a car I want looking extremely nice all the time to have the spray.

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I’ve started using Krown Rust protection It seems to deep into all recesses very well. My brother in law swears by it. He has a 2001 Chev that doesn’t have a spot of rust.