Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Searching for TRX

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
So I'm completely disappointed that there are no new colours :cry:

Dealer has a blue one coming in a few weeks which I'm going to look at but whilst its 'a good price' it is very high spec and got loads of things I don't care about/rather not have. Particularly it has sunroofs and I hate them and this alone puts me off.

So I'm reliving the get a black one and have it wrapped idea. In this case I'd be happy with a ready built 2021 and no particular point in ordering one if I can find something along the lines I'm looking for.

My question is how on earth do you search new inventory, I've been putting zip codes and extending to 250 radius but I'm never going to see all available. Will I have to leave it to the dealer to have a search?

Must haves:
Black
Level 2
Carbon Fibre
Red accents

Nice to have:
Carbon fibre - I like this but I also thought that this changed the steering wheel to have less suede but it doesn't. Who ever thinks a suede steering wheel in a truck is a good idea clearly thinks no one will ever use them for work.

Can't quite decide:
Rambar

Deal breakers would be:
Sunroofs

Do tow mirrors stick out loads more than standard? If so then a deal breaker too as likely to get smacked off by oncoming traffic even when running off the edge of a country road. If same size then would be OK as they now power fold. Also generally trailer packages aren't much use in the UK and I tow very little anyway.

I could stand an odd extra item but not too much more, I don't get along too well with HK in Challenger, graphics would need to be taken off, I have a spare bed step and prefer bed rug but this could be put over spray liner.

Last edited:

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So I'm completely disappointed that there are no new colours :cry:

Dealer has a blue one coming in a few weeks which I'm going to look at but whilst its 'a good price' it is very high spec and got loads of things I don't care about/rather not have. Particularly it has sunroofs and I hate them and this alone puts me off.

So I'm reliving the get a black one and have it wrapped idea. In this case I'd be happy with a ready built 2021 and no particular point in ordering one if I can find something along the lines I'm looking for.

My question is how on earth do you search new inventory, I've been putting zip codes and extending to 250 radius but I'm never going to see all available. Will I have to leave it to the dealer to have a search?

Must haves:
Black
Level 2
Carbon Fibre
Red accents

Can't quite decide:
Rambar

Deal breakers would be:
Sunroofs

Do tow mirrors stick out loads more than standard? If so then a deal breaker too as likely to get smacked off by oncoming traffic even when running off the edge of a country road. If same size then would be OK as they now power fold. Also generally trailer packages aren't much use in the UK and I tow very little anyway.

I could stand an odd extra item but not too much more, I don't get along too well with HK in Challenger, graphics would need to be taken off, I have a spare bed step and prefer bed rug but this could be put over spray liner.
Well, you're on the other side of the pond.
Over here, I do nation wide search.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
If you're interested in ordering exactly what you want, look at this thread.

https://www.hellcatforum.org/thread...ellcat-factory-orders-up-to-8k-off-msrp.9974/

Numerous people from this forum have purchased form this dealership, and I don't think you'll find a better deal on a TRX right now. All of the ones I've seen in my area recently have at least a $20,000 ADM added. They deal above is actually a discount for the forum.

Last edited:
OP
Lize

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Well, you're on the other side of the pond.
Over here, I do nation wide search.
Ho do you do that, I'm on .com and put in 10001 as it forces me to choose a zip code, is it because I don't lt it use my location or am I blind or stupid :oops:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
the truck is amazing, get it loaded up, you only live once. Absolutely best truck I have ever owned period.

I got mine at sticker from my local dealership. I can imagine you will have to hunt hard for one to become available. From what I understand they halted all TRX orders at the moment to catch up with orders and lack of parts.

OP
Lize

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Good idea looking at other websites and using dealer postcode to lookup on Ram website so the options are understandable, thanks.

I've found a black one I like, about the only one in US and Canada that doesn't have the sunroof!
It doesn't have the carbon fibre but I don't mind that so much.
Got the advanced and technology groups which wouldn't be bad to have giving me HUD and radar cruise.
It has running boards but I'd swap for power steps.
No Rambar but I'm swaying towards having one if I went for a funky wrap so maybe see about getting one retro fitted before shipping.

Too loud?
$_57.jpeg 61JtapSO3YL.jpeg

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Good idea looking at other websites and using dealer postcode to lookup on Ram website so the options are understandable, thanks.

I've found a black one I like, about the only one in US and Canada that doesn't have the sunroof!
It doesn't have the carbon fibre but I don't mind that so much.
Got the advanced and technology groups which wouldn't be bad to have giving me HUD and radar cruise.
It has running boards but I'd swap for power steps.
No Rambar but I'm swaying towards having one if I went for a funky wrap so maybe see about getting one retro fitted before shipping.

Too loud?
View attachment 56340 View attachment 56341
thats loud for sure! But it’s your truck. And it’s certainly unique.

this truck fits in with loud

the ram bar is worth it, it completes the look of the truck in my opinion. I have had it off also, and it looks good both way. But I prefer it. Plus it allows room to mount lights

B31A16E3-B59C-470A-935F-D411BF139A71.jpeg 3177EB1A-F5F8-44D2-806B-E5AA4646698A.jpeg

one of my buddies shooting out the back
808C3F2D-8910-466C-A33D-FA5E3B81E97B.jpeg 829224D4-1845-480E-9AF0-2DEB36DC6A4B.jpeg

OP
Lize

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Looks great, my Rebel is red but I fancy a change or that would have been my choice.

I think a definite yes on the Rambar, I like the look of it and thought it might be handy for ladders and such too. Does look good with and without lights, with lights would preclude most car parks though.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
@Lize

here's a link where you can look at the equipment listing for the vehicle, so you don't need to keep going to the Dodge site. Just copy/paste the vin of the vehicle that you're interested in.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

This is an example of what it will give you after you submit the vin. It shows all the standard equipment first and the optional equipment is listed after that.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6RREBT6MN712238

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Agreed on the Rambar, it just fits the vibe of this truck perfect!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Looks great, my Rebel is red but I fancy a change or that would have been my choice.

I think a definite yes on the Rambar, I like the look of it and thought it might be handy for ladders and such too. Does look good with and without lights, with lights would preclude most car parks though.
ive been used to avoiding the car parks since my last 3500 dually was so big. The light bar up top does make this thing really tall. Haven’t hit anything yet. And don’t plan to.

there are some really cool light options for the TRX out there.

I have one of these on preorder. Should get it in November.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/trx_flush_bar

OP
Lize

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Dealer wants $45K over list price :LOL:

OP
Lize

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
ive been used to avoiding the car parks since my last 3500 dually was so big. The light bar up top does make this thing really tall. Haven’t hit anything yet. And don’t plan to.

there are some really cool light options for the TRX out there.

I have one of these on preorder. Should get it in November.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/trx_flush_bar
I saw one the same for the Rebel and thought it was very neat, it was ages ago and can't remember if it was in development or made by someone else.

OP
Lize

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
@WhipCat I should have thought earlier, I recommend you get a Bedrug, fantastic anti-slip for cargo and very comfy for laying on. They do an XLT mat which is just for the bottom of the bed and covers the tailgate hinges to stop stuff dropping down the gap.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
@WhipCat I should have thought earlier, I recommend you get a Bedrug, fantastic anti-slip for cargo and very comfy for laying on. They do an XLT mat which is just for the bottom of the bed and covers the tailgate hinges to stop stuff dropping down the gap.
got it recently. Makes shooting out the bed so much easier.

also got the retrax powertrax tonneau cover

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Lize, you can also try AutoTrader. Almost all dealers seem to list their vehicles on that site.

Another possibility is the Ram-TRX forum. Looks like quite a few have bailed on orders, or ordered two hoping for one to arrive before the other.
You may be able to take over an order at or below MSRP.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Lize, you can also try AutoTrader. Almost all dealers seem to list their vehicles on that site.

Another possibility is the Ram-TRX forum. Looks like quite a few have bailed on orders, or ordered two hoping for one to arrive before the other.
You may be able to take over an order at or below MSRP.
Geez Jimmy......you trying to take over the taxi racket in the UK too???

:LOL::LOL:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Why do you think Lize wants black now? Taxis are black over there.
And the bar is obviously for the signage.

Besides, many women have a lot of luggage these days (not implying that Lize does), so a cute little lorry like the TRX could be the perfect taxi.

Last edited: