Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Shifter bezel/boot?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Does anyone know if the the M6 and A8 bezels with the leather boot for the respective shifters are interchangeable? The openings in the console look to be the same approximate shape but not having a M6 piece to check, all I can do is guess. Does anybody actually know?

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Does anyone know if the the M6 and A8 bezels with the leather boot for the respective shifters are interchangeable? The openings in the console look to be the same approximate shape but not having a M6 piece to check, all I can do is guess. Does anybody actually know?
If you are looking at this piece, Mopar 5PG721VXAD, then per Moparpartsgiant it fits both the auto and manual. If it's not this piece what piece are you looking at, the bezel that houses the shifter? I would also assume they are interchangeable since the primary center console bezels are the same size.

Screenshot_20191030-093611.jpg Screenshot_20191030-093538.jpg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for that. The piece I was asking about is this. The D0893B8C-21A7-413A-A1F7-64572B4D950E.jpeg bezel with the leather boot that the shifter itself comes out of. It snaps into the opening in that thing. If that can be used for either auto or manual than that means that the opening for the shifter boot is the same shape and size and that’s what I needed to know. I’m going from a auto to a manual and need to find a shifter boot if anybody knows of a source. The dealer quoted me almost $400 and that is way too much. 🤯. Thanks again!!

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, that piece has to be the same fitment since the main console is the same. It just snaps right in and out. I would assume that the automatic's change holder to right of the gear lever would not fit in a manual since that lower portion would come in contact with the shifter's fork.

So are you doing a transmission swap, or just swapping the bezels for cosmetic purposes?

I am also on the hunt for a new leather boot. The reason is that I want to get a custom made boot, and the one place that can do it (RedlineGoods) said they don't have one available for the 2015+ challenger, so I need to send mine in so they can use it as a template. So I do not want to do that and I have been scouring the internet and junk yards for a used one. I've been searching for three weeks now and cannot find a used one.

The reason the dealer wants $400 is that the shift lever and ball come with the boot and trim bezel, and you cannot break them apart. You can find it online for $250-$300, Mopar part number 1XM382VXAD. Then you can try and sell the parts you don't need.

1572447934320.png

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #5
I’m converting the A8 to a manual shift T400 auto for racing. The shifter I’ll be using works with the M6 boot. I think this pretty much confirms that the opening will fit either bezel. Now to find what I want at a sane price. Thanks.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m converting the A8 to a manual shift T400 auto for racing. The shifter I’ll be using works with the M6 boot. I think this pretty much confirms that the opening will fit either bezel. Now to find what I want at a sane price. Thanks.
I found a used one and just ordered it. It's coming next week and then I plan to have a vendor use it as a template to make me a new shift boot. At that point I will have a spare bezel that I can sell, so if you can wait a couple weeks I will be able to sell you just the bezel.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #7
I found a used one and just ordered it. It's coming next week and then I plan to have a vendor use it as a template to make me a new shift boot. At that point I will have a spare bezel that I can sell, so if you can wait a couple weeks I will be able to sell you just the bezel.
Thanks for the offer but I actually need the complete piece. The B&M shifter I’ll be using works with the leather boot and is a clean mod that looks like a OEM piece instead of the mechanical looking shifter usually seen in drag cars. 3944871D-0620-4B88-B387-D234043ACA16.jpeg

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks for the offer but I actually need the complete piece. The B&M shifter I’ll be using works with the leather boot and is a clean mod that looks like a OEM piece instead of the mechanical looking shifter usually seen in drag cars. View attachment 5713
That makes complete sense. The place I ordered my entire kit from has one other one for sale - LKQ - just google them and lookup the part on their website.