Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SHOULD I KEEP HER OR NOT?

2020 Indigo

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vista
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Ok Im taking a job for 2 years in Bahrain. My question is should I sell my 2020 Hellcat Widebody Charger with 14k miles on it, or keep it in storage? Ive put some money into interior mods plus I still owe 75k on it so its not like Im going to make any money and consider myself lucky if I get enough to pay it off. Bad part is I love the car, it has no problems and there is only 1 more year of this version of the Hellcat. I even thought about shipping it to Bahrain and selling it there, most of the cars there are high priced cars.
Id appreciate input from you guys.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Seems like youre not really emotionally attached so ship it and sell it for big bucks while you can.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
^Agree. Glws.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
if money drives you sell her if passion drives you keep her😎

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ok Im taking a job for 2 years in Bahrain. My question is should I sell my 2020 Hellcat Widebody Charger with 14k miles on it, or keep it in storage? Ive put some money into interior mods plus I still owe 75k on it so its not like Im going to make any money and consider myself lucky if I get enough to pay it off. Bad part is I love the car, it has no problems and there is only 1 more year of this version of the Hellcat. I even thought about shipping it to Bahrain and selling it there, most of the cars there are high priced cars.
Ship it to me, I’ll store it for you and get it up to temp for you on a regular basis. All for the low, low price of a few sets of tires!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
You are not going to get enough to pay it off if you still owe $75k? You owe too much on it to sell it here even if it’s a hot used car market. It will also cost a lot to ship it overseas. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hell, that's easy pickens. Like slim. Sell the car and stay home.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Seems like youre not really emotionally attached so ship it and sell it for big bucks while you can.
Wonder if he plans on doin the same thing with his wife..:oops::unsure::oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
if money drives you sell her if passion drives you keep her😎
CC...it's a car..not a hooker....and didn't you get in enough trouble givin that kid TTMann advice :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My input is to realize that you won't be able to replace it with a new one when you get back.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Not going to be able to get another one at a reasonable price in my opinion. If you don't need the money "right now" then ship it or store it. Do it well, don't skimp. If you need the money, or think the car is just "okay", then put it up for sale.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
If it's just a car, ship and sell it.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Why not ship it and drive it for the 2 years, then sell if you want before coming back?

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
CC...it's a car..not a hooker....and didn't you get in enough trouble givin that kid TTMann advice :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
hey now. I’m doing alright! Lol

Not going to be able to get another one at a reasonable price in my opinion. If you don't need the money "right now" then ship it or store it. Do it well, don't skimp. If you need the money, or think the car is just "okay", then put it up for sale.
As someone who has watched people sell and regret it within days, I’d say keep it. If you’re able to, ship her over and drive her. If you’re worried you’ll get into trouble over there with the car, store her here. Or leave her with someone who is gonna take care of it and keeps the mice out of the harnesses. If you do store it, find the best place you can. Research them for awhile and talk with anyone who stores their car regularly for such extended periods. And make sure you let the dealership/dodge know that you’re going to be unable to do the necessary things to keep from voiding warranty. Like that oil change every six months. Unless you find a place/have a buddy who is going to do it for you while you’re out of the country.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Why not ship it and drive it for the 2 years, then sell if you want before coming back. Otherwise you will do what I did and regret selling it. And then spend countless hours of regret and lost sleep. Even to the point I searched every day day and night trying to find another one. Agonized how stupid I was selling mine and should never have sold her to the point I began drinking more and getting violent. I would think I found one and then sadly it was not what i wanted. And then I found one and paid huge monies for her and had to have her shipped to my residence. Then I had to go over the whole car and take it apart and put it back together to satisfy my addictions to perfection even though I am not perfect. But hell who in the hell is perfect I mean I read @bull postings all the time and scratch my head. Then @hunter just supports whatever @bull says. Then @1971demon man comes out of nowhere reinforcing how stupid I was selling my first one. Hickster gets involved and can’t decipher half the sentences and am stumped. But hey yeh go ahead and sell her you will be uhm like me😁?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
CC...see whatcha did...:oops:..now ya got the kid givin advice..o_Oo_O

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wait 2 days before he boards the plane mag..and offer him 57.5..o_O

OP

2020 Indigo

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vista
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
Its only $ 1700 to ship it, my worry is about the others on the road over there. Reports have it that drivers in Bahrain arent the best.
Thanks for most of your inputs!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Its only $ 1700 to ship it, my worry is about the others on the road over there. Reports have it that drivers in Bahrain arent the best.
Just curious...whatcha gonna be doin over there fer 2 years..:unsure:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have seen them 3 wide, traveling the same direction, on a 2 lane road. Definitely a little crazy.

Watch out for the sheep, too. If you hit one, you're required to buy the Sheppard another. Word is that they'll throw the sick out towards the road to get a replacement. That might all be bullshit but I saw a ton of dead sheep on the side of the road when I was deployed there in 2006 haha.

If you're headed to the Navy base up in Manama, that base is pretty sweet. Plenty of other Western style places around it, too.