Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SIRIUS satcomms blocker.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
Screw that. Can you even buy a CD changer anymore? Take one of your old phones, rip your CDs, copy them to the old phone and use it as a music player in your car.
I despise my phone. I'll try to stop any two-way info swapping. Let's face it...the insurance companies and "Chrysler" would love to see you beating on/law-breaking, and and doing anything that could effect warranty claims. If I could have got my new cars without any info and entertainment electronics...I would have paid for that.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I despise my phone. I'll try to stop any two-way info swapping. Let's face it...the insurance companies and "Chrysler" would love to see you beating on/law-breaking, and and doing anything that could effect warranty claims. If I could have got my new cars without any info and entertainment electronics...I would have paid for that.
you misunderstand./ I said use an old (out of service) phone. Take out the SIM card. At that point it's just a dumb music player.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Why would I want to block updates to my car? And what information are they stealing from me im confused as to why i would need to block it.

What data would they be collecting and why would I care and furthermore why would I want to block Satellite radio? I dont listen to standard radio ever cause there is a commercial every 30 seconds smh. In fact, I dont know anyone personally who doesnt listen to Satellite radio.
Please do not take this post as an offense to you, it is intended to be a general discussion of the problems with providing free access to personal info. :)

Of course you should trust everyone and every company with ALL your data, location, access to posts and pics, speed, acceleration, braking, lane changes, mileage, web sites you frequent, people you contact, how often, how long, when, then what, what brand of VD drug you buy, how long you were at the restaurant/bar/strip joint/political event/friend’s house, who else was there, what you ordered, how many drinks, on, and on and on. What could possibly be a problem????

The more you tolerate, the more info is accumulated. If anyone who has access decides to oppose you (including insu co’s), an offense can be easily manufactured on all the data you willing provided.

Has anyone been following what they are doing to the front running candidate for President?!?!?!?

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Thread Starter #24
you misunderstand./ I said use an old (out of service) phone. Take out the SIM card. At that point it's just a dumb music player.
That's what I did. I use Media Monkey, as a music server and can (via wifi) update my phone with new music added to my computer.

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25
Please do not take this post as an offense to you, it is intended to be a general discussion of the problems with providing free access to personal info. :)

Of course you should trust everyone and every company with ALL your data, location, access to posts and pics, speed, acceleration, braking, lane changes, mileage, web sites you frequent, people you contact, how often, how long, when, then what, what brand of VD drug you buy, how long you were at the restaurant/bar/strip joint/political event/friend’s house, who else was there, what you ordered, how many drinks, on, and on and on. What could possibly be a problem????

The more you tolerate, the more info is accumulated. If anyone who has access decides to oppose you (including insu co’s), an offense can be easily manufactured on all the data you willing provided.

Has anyone been following what they are doing to the front running candidate for President?!?!?!?
https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/9/...ect-record-text-messages-federal-judge-ruling

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can actually use the tazer to enable the CD audio input for a source. Even on the 18+ cars. Despite no company supporting the CD add-on for anything newer than 17. The 15 16 and some 17 cars can use the same kit as a lower level trim with the 8.4 to add a CD player. In theory the 18+ cars SHOULD be able to do the same.

I've researched the option of installing a compatible cd player into these cars a LOT and never found anything concrete. I always assumed most issues were due to 2 things. The SGW and the switch in manufacturer of the Uconnect itself sometime in 17 (Harman/panasonic).

In the meantime...the car supports playback of Lossless audio so with a large flash drive you can literally have most of your library in completely lossless format at your fingertips. So why bother?

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

You left out the part about where Facebook's algorithms watch what you look at and then feed you content "tailored" to you. Check out "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix to see what Big Data and social media are doing to people.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
You left out the part about where Facebook's algorithms watch what you look at and then feed you content "tailored" to you. Check out "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix to see what Big Data and social media are doing to people.
Which is why I don't use FB other than to post vids that I link here. I wish I could avoid Goggle Android, if there was ever a criminal enterprise, that is it! I considered Apple but I understand they are no better.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
Which is why I don't use FB other than to post vids that I link here. I wish I could avoid Goggle Android, if there was ever a criminal enterprise, that is it! I considered Apple but I understand they are no better.
Apple gives full cloud access, to the Chinese govt, for every device.

Pick your poison.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
According to this article, the sirius 2-way data is achieved by the one-way satellite receiver coupled with accessing the vehicle's modem--cell service--for the return path to collect your data.
So, sounds like no real need to block the receiver where privacy is concerned--only the antennas connected to transmitters.

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
According to this article, the sirius 2-way data is achieved by the one-way satellite receiver coupled with accessing the vehicle's modem--cell service--for the return path to collect your data.
So, sounds like no real need to block the receiver where privacy is concerned--only the antennas connected to transmitters.
Good find.

I've had some feedback, since these went out. One guy said his clock was incorrect. I walked him through turning off GPS time and adjust his system time, to display correctly. Mine is a 2015 and haven't encountered this issue.

Also, someone else reported on a 2019, their nav was "wandering". To test if is the dongle, he removed it and the system went back to normal. This error appeared, after a few days of driving. Again, mine is a 2015 and I haven seen this... however, I never, or rarely use my onboard nav.

This is what we've found, in the wild.

I guess, in light of the posted article, if we block the cell, we're golden. The thing that prompted me to make the sirius blocker was a letter I received telling me they turned the service on, in my car. That didn't sit well, with me. I'm keeping the sirius blocker installed. There are WAY too many things Sirius Guardian has access to, on my car. Remember, were also talking about locking out Guardian service.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

At the end of the day, we all need to figure out what level of security we can live with.