Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So done until I get 15s! Drama!

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
So my second run at WHP I took off extra slow. Then at the 3/4 track I felt her drifting a bit left. But I felt she was flying. Right at the finish I hit the middle orange cone before I got her back. The guy in the left lane with a stock hellcat charger pulled up next to me as I was still on the track. He asked how I was. That was nice of him. But he got scolded for it. I was kicked out. But I was voluntarily leaving. I had enough. Need 15s so badly. Someone states he has a video. But too much data to transfer from his phone. He will try it at home with his computer. Got a little bit of orange on my spoiler. Obviously he did not run a 9.5. I also felt the car hit the Rev liter from 2 to 3. Well I am alive.😀

Attachments

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I said that when I was 15, but got what I was searching fer and you will to. Takes time $$$, right tempts, tires, humidity, and most important the dew point. A lot of people do not include that into the equation. I did this for sumtim people paid me a lot of $$$ for and,,, daily humidity performance is important, but the dew weee is most. Being into the A/C industry in Florida for 35 years tells it's tail. Tires, fuel, hook ups, not the girls if you are married,, all these factors are in cluded in Florida. Track temp, outside, indoor air. has to be perfect. See the time tickets,, does not include the out side air that has a lot to do with the in take and cooling. In Florida we have to look at these before we even attempt to spend $$ to attempt to hook up. I have gone to Bradenton track at 9 pm and the tempt is 96 with HR at 106, doo wee at 107. Terrible. We are at 60 ft above see you level. Perfect,, but. Working the still in the rain. Pouring. Sorry Ocala.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Kinda lost.
But I have not been to a track in 35 years...

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I said that when I was 15, but got what I was searching fer and you will to. Takes time $$$, right tempts, tires, humidity, and most important the dew point. A lot of people do not include that into the equation. I did this for sumtim people paid me a lot of $$$ for and,,, daily humidity performance is important, but the dew weee is most. Being into the A/C industry in Florida for 35 years tells it's tail. Tires, fuel, hook ups, not the girls if you are married,, all these factors are in cluded in Florida. Track temp, outside, indoor air. has to be perfect. See the time tickets,, does not include the out side air that has a lot to do with the in take and cooling. In Florida we have to look at these before we even attempt to spend $$ to attempt to hook up. I have gone to Bradenton track at 9 pm and the tempt is 96 with HR at 106, doo wee at 107. Terrible. We are at 60 ft above see you level. Perfect,, but. Working the still in the rain. Pouring. Sorry Ocala.
The Dew factor is something I don't like at night when it happens at the track!
Sometimes it will feel like hitting an icy patch on the road.

Not sure how much dew @AlleyCat would get in Arizona.

Linda [burnout]

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
So my second run at WHP I took off extra slow. Then at the 3/4 track I felt her drifting a bit left. But I felt she was flying. Right at the finish I hit the middle orange cone before I got her back. The guy in the left lane with a stock hellcat charger pulled up next to me as I was still on the track. He asked how I was. That was nice of him. But he got scolded for it. I was kicked out. But I was voluntarily leaving. I had enough. Need 15s so badly. Someone states he has a video. But too much data to transfer from his phone. He will try it at home with his computer. Got a little bit of orange on my spoiler. Obviously he did not run a 9.5. I also felt the car hit the Rev liter from 2 to 3. Well I am alive.😀

Your swerve on the track seemed to be on the violent side. There is a possibility the car that went down before you leaked some kind of fluid on the track.
I have also seen a pass like yours sounds like made from a friend. He had a Transmission problem and it leaked out some oil. I would advise you to check underneath your Hellcat and make sure nothing is leaking.

Linda[burnout]

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #7
OK. No flames please. My eyes deceived me as I was mounting the rear drag radials. Maybe my brain also. 😀 I had them mounted backwards. I hear the radial inside the tire is meant to go one way. Tech passed me. Next time a triple check.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OK. No flames please. My eyes deceived me as I was mounting the rear drag radials. Maybe my brain also. 😀 I had them mounted backwards. I hear the radial inside the tire is meant to go one way. Tech passed me. Next time a triple check.
Flames??? Nobody here would ever Flame another member for making a mistake would they?

;)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I don't know that the direction of the radial would make that BIG of a difference... You're still gonna have to be careful. Sounds like it was a pretty dramatic pass.

FWIW - The Hellcat next to you wasn't even remotely stock, lol. The guy is running bottom 10s but you're so far out on him you think he's stock... interesting problem to have!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Depending on the DR there are some that are directional tread. My M&Hs are like that, my Toyos are not.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
All I can say is getting even a little squirly in the elevens gives enough pucker factor, but getting squirly in the nines?!! Glad everything worked out OK...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Depending on the DR there are some that are directional tread. My M&Hs are like that, my Toyos are not.
For sure, I think most brands are directional. I was just warning him that though they may be directional, the impact of the direction being wrong vs right may not be enough to overcome his challenges.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #13
I got my rear drag radials rebalanced. Also tomorrow we are going to visit the alignment again and tighten the dss axles by the CV joints.
What I notice on the road it drives straight with the front runners while cruising. Step on the peddle 10 percent and the wheel needs to go to the right 4 degrees to go straight.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #14
Getting dialed in. Fixed.

Attachments

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #15
Front was off. Rear was ok. However if it still pushes one way on the big end the mechanic states it is the diff.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I don't know that the direction of the radial would make that BIG of a difference... You're still gonna have to be careful. Sounds like it was a pretty dramatic pass.

FWIW - The Hellcat next to you wasn't even remotely stock, lol. The guy is running bottom 10s but you're so far out on him you think he's stock... interesting problem to have!

I was thinking the same thing.
My Nittos were directional and someone actually saw it in a video that they were on wrong. I didn't notice.
Annnnd It Always amazes me what you guys see in a video, I sometimes think you are watching on a Big screen TV, well you probably are:ROFLMAO:

Linda[burnout]

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #17
I was thinking the same thing.
My Nittos were directional and someone actually saw it in a video that they were on wrong. I didn't notice.
Annnnd It Always amazes me what you guys see in a video, I sometimes think you are watching on a Big screen TV, well you probably are:ROFLMAO:

Linda[burnout]
I called MT. They state it is much harder to hook if put on backwards. They are spun internally to krinkle one way much easier if put on correctly. One way if correctly put on loosens the tire enabling it to flex. The other way just tightens them up when launching causing more tire spin

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Ok get them on with the direction and get back to the track!

Let us know the results and how you did.
Linda :)