Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Some California EV Owners Allegedly Switch Back to Gas😁

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I have a 60A breaker box in the garage to run my 2 stage air compressor and my garage heat pump. It is wired off of my 200A house breaker box. I do not have enough capacity to run a separate 240V outlet for an EV. Most homes that I know of do not have anything but a couple of 120V outlets in the garage. They will have 240V for a range, electric dryer and the HVAC. You cannot just hookup a 240V outlet without running new wire all the way back to the breaker box and you need at least a 200A capacity. I believe a large percentage of new EV owners will have to update their home electrical system. I would because my capacity is maxed out.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I have friends with electric cars. They have all driven to my house to have me drive them. You name them and I have driven them. They are fast. Getting into one is like entering a chamber. No sound. No life.
I am on the short list for the Tesla truck. I will sell it as soon as I get it. I am old school; grew up in the '60s. I drove the muscle cars and loved them. Still wish I could have afforded the '64 Dodge Stage 111 Max Wedge light weight. It still is the car of my dreams. I can afford it now even at 150,000.00 but not realistic as a driver.
Oh Well. :D

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I know 11 people who bought electric cars, and only 3 still have them, the other 8 went back to gas.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Dude at work leased an electric Soul.

If he visited family, 90 miles away (in the desert), he had to stay overnight to charge up. Blasting the ac, in SoCal summer heat, sucked the life out of that thing.

He ended up parking it, before the lease ended and buying a gas vehicle. A Vanderhall BlackJack.

Bob

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Good. Glad they are returning them etc. The electric grid does not have the capacity to power the chargers now anyway. The other part that is BS now is that the electric car manufacturers can’t agree on one plug for all. That is a big mistake now and will look more stupid as time passes.

WTF was wrong with hybrid cars? The ones who charged themselves with their own gas engine and energy while driving. Those work great, and everyone I have rented I was impressed with its performance and definitely their gas mileage.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Good. Glad they are returning them etc. The electric grid does not have the capacity to power the chargers now anyway. The other part that is BS now is that the electric car manufacturers can’t agree on one plug for all. That is a big mistake now and will look more stupid as time passes.

WTF was wrong with hybrid cars? The ones who charged themselves with their own gas engine and energy while driving. Those work great, and everyone I have rented I was impressed with its performance and definitely their gas mileage.
I agree that the Prius already was about the perfect vehicle for greenies.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
The green ass holes which truthfully their bunch of dirty ass hopes. They think they have the answer to Mother Earth which uh huh it’s a power grab by the World Governments and redistribution of wealths as well. The whole goal is to ban totally the use of ICE as we know it but yet we know their is advancing technology for ICE to be extremely clean. The dirty ass think their shit don’t stink and yeh right the amount of Carbon Footprint from the Dirty Ass Agenda is substantially as big as current ICE for the moment. It takes a Tesla about 40k miles to erase its Carbon Footprint in comparison to an ICE vehicle. In essence it’s not till the Tesla owner goes beyond 40k miles are they actually saving the Carbon Footprint and yeh of their charging their EV via coal then nope they still haven’t completed their dirty little ass accomplishment. It’s the Corrupt Racist Media and world governments advancing more control for themselves than others that’s the real dirty ass secret!’

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

Agree 100%! We rented a Ford Fusion hybrid in Las Vegas a few years ago. Went sight seeing along Lake Mead, saw all the red rock parks around Las Vegas, Hoover dam and then to Grand Canyon and Phoenix. It had over a 600 mile range. I think we only filled it up once. It had plenty of pep and was very comfortable. I’m not buying any Ford but I liked that one.(y)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
The green ass holes which truthfully their bunch of dirty ass hopes. They think they have the answer to Mother Earth which uh huh it’s a power grab by the World Governments and redistribution of wealths as well. The whole goal is to ban totally the use of ICE as we know it but yet we know their is advancing technology for ICE to be extremely clean. The dirty ass think their shit don’t stink and yeh right the amount of Carbon Footprint from the Dirty Ass Agenda is substantially as big as current ICE for the moment. It takes a Tesla about 40k miles to erase its Carbon Footprint in comparison to an ICE vehicle. In essence it’s not till the Tesla owner goes beyond 40k miles are they actually saving the Carbon Footprint and yeh of their charging their EV via coal then nope they still haven’t completed their dirty little ass accomplishment. It’s the Corrupt Racist Media and world governments advancing more control for themselves than others that’s the real dirty ass secret!’
When they all have their electric chit, there will be zero redistribution of wealth to the Middle East and other countries that we have bought oil from. Their homes are going to be hotter in the summer and colder in the winter because of no energy but their new cars might work if they drive to the free Tesla stations for energy.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Is this really a surprise? This country is nowhere ready to support EV's yet. Selling them first to test dummies without a way to fully charge in less than 15 mins is a recipe for disaster. Who the actual hell wants to sit for an hour or three juicing up? Sure quick charges (15 mins) may leapfrog you to the next charge station but we Americans are impatient and spoiled. We're not waiting. Of COURSE people are going back to gas. Anyone surprised by that article is living in Fantasyville.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
ROFLMAO 😂.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Hey Paladin, welcome back.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
my boss has a new Tesla, we work at a large data campus and he can call it to come pick him up at the other end of the campus. lol I guess that's kinda cool.