Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Spinning wheels inside tires

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Those of you with DRs on the factory wheel, have you been able to solve the issue of spinning the wheels inside the tires? Other than buying a beadlock? lol

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I had my Nitto's installed at Belle Tire, they used a "permatex" looking adhesive when mounting...tires moved about 1/2" after 1st launch, and haven't moved since

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
knurled beads on the wheels will help a lot.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I have a WBRE w the stock Devils rims. They are factory knurled. I'm running the Nitto nt05r 315/35/20 on them currently. They're not glued on or any such thing. I've made maybe 15 runs at the dragstrip w them and they've moved around 1 1/2". They seem to move pretty much every run I make, so I don't see them settling in any time soon.

I now have some aftermarket whls w the 315/50/17 MT EtR. They are also non beadlock.. and I think it's fair for me to expect them to move as much or more than the stock whl setup does.

From all I've spoken to it just comes w the territory if you run non beadlocks on an over 2 ton car that runs good.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
That is the very reason I had them "Glue" the tire to the bead, I also have factory knurl in devil's rims...gluing stopped it from spinning after 1st launch. Must say, I was pleasantly surprised, same exact tire combo 315/35/20 NT05R.