Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock IC pump flow rate / Davies Craig150

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@RGPIII i dont think he was trying to actually make it come out that way ,but hes not the only one that has said that in the past ,@RGPIII do you only run the chiller now and does it perform as well as the ice tank at the end of the 1/4 mile did you see the same iats as with the ice tank ,my question was always ,will the chiller sustain temps throughout the 1/4 mile

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
it was over 80 lbs removed when I dropped the ice tank and lines. including the added weight of ice/water.
I just don’t want to have to deal with compressor failing eventually or if I have to get in there undoing and recharging the ac what a mess. My AC gets a workout down here, so failure would just be a matter of time of a chiller setup. This is also 1/4 the price of a chiller. If I can get 75% of the results of a chiller with this, I’ll call it a win

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@RGPIII i dont think he was trying to actually make it come out that way ,but hes not the only one that has said that in the past ,@RGPIII do you only run the chiller now and does it perform as well as the ice tank at the end of the 1/4 mile did you see the same iats as with the ice tank ,my question was always ,will the chiller sustain temps throughout the 1/4 mile
yes I only run the chiller now. I see less than a 10 degree difference from the start of the pass to the end of the pass in IAT or IC temps now. IC temps even on a short cool down on the lanes will drop from 100 plus to 55-60 and never go above 70 on the pass. If I let it cool run for 5 minutes I will see temps in the low 30's personally do not believe that makes any difference, as it will not pull power at either temp.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just don’t want to have to deal with compressor failing eventually or if I have to get in there undoing and recharging the ac what a mess. My AC gets a workout down here, so failure would just be a matter of time of a chiller setup. This is also 1/4 the price of a chiller. If I can get 75% of the results of a chiller with this, I’ll call it a win

We will talk again in a few months when you are installing a chiller. :ROFLMAO:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
yes I only run the chiller now. I see less than a 10 degree difference from the start of the pass to the end of the pass in IAT or IC temps now. IC temps even on a short cool down on the lanes will drop from 100 plus to 55-60 and never go above 70 on the pass. If I let it cool run for 5 minutes I will see temps in the low 30's personally do not believe that makes any difference, as it will not pull power at either temp.
you have the whipple correct ? an ihi will not perform as well as the whipple on same set up ,and you are correct it will not pull power as long as it doesnt get too hot but colder air is more power and thats the goal

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
you have the whipple correct ? an ihi will not perform as well as the whipple on same set up ,and you are correct it will not pull power as long as it doesnt get too hot but colder air is more power and thats the goal
yes I have a Whipple, way more efficient than the IHI for sure. without a doubt the colder the better. I haven't seen any difference in times from 28 degrees and frost on the lines to 65 degrees.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@RGPIII the main reason i went to icebox was to save on fuel as well i would have to run my car for awhile inorder to get the ic temps ready to make a run ,grahnted i didnt have the new improved chiller thats out now

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
yes I have a Whipple, way more efficient than the IHI for sure. without a doubt the colder the better. I haven't seen any difference in times from 28 degrees and frost on the lines to 65 degrees.
@RGPIII how much of a reserve tank does your car have ? also do you still run the main intercooler

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@RGPIII how much of a reserve tank does your car have ?
oddly enough I don't run any aux tank. straight factory system with the IC chiller in place. Sumit says every time he cant believe how well my chiller works.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
oddly enough I don't run any aux tank. straight factory system with the IC chiller in place. Sumit says every time he cant believe how well my chiller works.
may i ask what temps your running in ? ambient that is ,down south we see high 90s and heat index in the 100s

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
may i ask what temps your running in ? ambient that is ,down south we see high 90s and heat index in the 100s
So far has been 85-92 degrees. and humid here. water grain alone over the weekend was 106.3

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I was running the 4.5 Whipple and still driving the car on the street…. I had the FI Interchiller and the side mount (Challenger) ice tank. I removed the stock IC pump and heat exchanger from the system and used the DC pump at the tank. The interchiller was used on the street with about 2 gallons reserve in the ice tank in the trunk. Doing that I saw a consistent 40 degree IC temp. At the track the box was filled with ice. AC compressor shuts off on WOT but the pump is still pumping the ice water down track. The interchiller goes right back to working on the return road and from the pits to staging. That kept the ice from melting as fast and I found I could run back to back passes and still have ice in the tank. With the ice box I did not have to run the engine in the staging lanes. I felt like this was the perfect combination for a street driven drag car. Now I have removed all the accessories, so no more interchiller. I’ve gone to a larger 10 gallon ice tank. Still using the DC 40 gpm pump. Never had any issues with that.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
imn putting r12 in my hellcat and gonna see sub zero temps

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Now girls, snot 2 gets you'lls panties in a wad, butt. Day doo make a pump, electric, 8- ta 12 volt called a condensate pump at Homo Depot. Cheap. Ifster youz incest on dooen dis. This is sparken ups da wrong tree. Like a blue tick hound sniffen out a skunk. Da peoples at IC have alredy dun da formulas. Callem and ask em. Tell em youz be instru ted butt watt is da difference. Gay will tell ya or email your questions. Dis can't bee dat hard,,, whore can it. Youz have a multi pliers fer da piping, right? Size, lenght, fittens, valves, restrictions? GPMs fer da pump wit da delta tee with insulation. Insulated lines, fittens, tank, pump, ect. Insulated wit 3/4" Armaflex glued in place wit 5/50 glue and fire raten of 25/50 dat will be with Armaflex. Sum ass hole will attempt 2 bust youz balls and ask. Cause you'll engine is bigger dan dares. Tank has 2 bee insulated 2 purr vant a mess. It is 2 cool ass smuch ass it is 2 keep liquad cool. Now, ifster youz groin 2 dooz dis. I wouldn't. Did youz geenuseses ever thing about coolen down a lickquad inhibited chloride? Anti freeze fer youz up snore north. It will neva freeze, keep a constant 20 degreeze, no mess,,, unless it leaks and whore gets spilled, duz snot evap whore ate. 1 start up, pressurized and dats it ster. Cold blanket wit insulated abuve stuff and waa laa. I wouldn't do it but ifster youz incest. Door #3.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States