Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Super Stock tech info.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Weight is out. Car is loaded and ready to head to Houston tomorrow.
20220111_150021.jpg

20220111_144915.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
KINGMAN
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT DEMON ONESEAT

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Car looks amazing as usual. Can't wait to see this thing run.
Thanks Ron. It'll be fun to get some 1/4 mile laps on this thing. I hope it runs good.

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Thread Starter #164
You guys have fun down south and keep us posted. Wished I was going.
Bo, you must have taken all of the usual parts off the car that are easy to remove.
Mine is sitting in the garage with 211 miles on it. Still on the original tank of gas....sad.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat WB
Mine is sitting in the garage with 211 miles on it. Still on the original tank of gas....sad.
211 miles on a tank of gas??? What wizardry do you have command of? lol ;)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
KINGMAN
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
Bo, you must have taken all of the usual parts off the car that are easy to remove.
Bo and Jerome will both be running serious effort stock Super Stocks. I think it will be interesting to see if anyone breaks my time. Also, there "IS" some good DA predicted and the Track manager will work with us to chase DA. We have option to change or extend our track times and most times it is brought to a vote in our meetings.

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #167

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Yes Mike,
I removed the sway bar, the pass and rear seats, trunk stuff and obviously the lightweight wheels and tires.
One of the first things I want to do is weigh it so I have a comparison to the '19.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Well, I learned a lot this past weekend. It feels like I'd have to write a book to cover it all.
I'll start w weight and we can just go from there. As I mentioned earlier, I have the basic easy weight removed from the car. I also have the BS/Hoosier wheels and tires as well as a lightweight battery. With my 220lbs in the car it weighs 4280 ready to race w just enough fuel to keep the low fuel light out.
There were 4 SS' there. All were mostly similarly outfitted. Weights ranged from 4260 to over 4300. The lightest one(Jerome Stone) has a lightweight drivers seat and the heaviest one(Gary, didn't get his last name) has a sunroof. So, overall it was nice to see that the cars aren't particularly heavy.
The accepted "Demon" weight - as I understand it - is 4280 w driver, so the SS' are right there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well, I learned a lot this past weekend. It feels like I'd have to write a book to cover it all.
I'll start w weight and we can just go from there. As I mentioned earlier, I have the basic easy weight removed from the car. I also have the BS/Hoosier wheels and tires as well as a lightweight battery. With my 220lbs in the car it weighs 4280 ready to race w just enough fuel to keep the low fuel light out.
There were 4 SS' there. All were mostly similarly outfitted. Weights ranged from 4260 to over 4300. The lightest one(Jerome Stone) has a lightweight drivers seat and the heaviest one(Gary, didn't get his last name) has a sunroof. So, overall it was nice to see that the cars aren't particularly heavy.
The accepted "Demon" weight - as I understand it - is 4280 w driver, so the SS' are right there.
Did you post your times?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I remember them saying Bo but didn't know it was you so I didn't post any of your times in the legion thread

OP
M
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #172
I watched one run, I think it was a 10.23.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Did you post your times?
No vortec I have not.
The car has some sort of short shift issue on the 2-3 that just kills the 1/8 mi et. We can discuss that more later.

On Friday it was warm and not particularly fast. I spent the day just making laps trying to get it to learn that it was going to be a race car for the weekend. It ran between 10.30 and 10.38 for most of the 17 passes I made that day, unless I had it in some odd custom setup.
Sunday was much better. I ran the first part of the day on my MT 305/45-17 ETStreetR's. They're a fair amount heavier than the Hoosier DBR. I had trouble finding the DBR's so I went w the MT. I ran a best of 10.14 with the MT's but I'd say .17-.20 was more representative.
Mid day Tim mentioned that he had an extra set of the Hoosiers. So, I got them and ran to town and had them mounted in place of the MT's. They are 14 lbs/pair lighter than the MT. The first pass sucked(just needed a pass to knock the new off them). The second pass was my best run of the weekend at 10.08. I went a few more lowish teens after that. Then it was time for the Bracket race. I managed to have room to brake on 3 of the 4 rounds which made the et's useless from a pb standpoint. I made 16 runs that day.
Monday was warm and we were ready to be headed home so I made a couple of runs trying some stuff to try to trick the car into holding the 2-3 shift longer. The ideas didn't work so we loaded up and got gone.

More later...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HELLB3NT Challenger SRT Redeye Discussions 8
P General Automotive Discussions 5
JLDN Challenger SRT Redeye Discussions 10
06SRT10NR Want To Buy 4
WidebodyCat Challenger General Discussions 14
WidebodyCat Cars For Sale 10
P Drag Racing 8
Hpindy Challenger SRT Redeye Discussions 0
M Challenger SRT Redeye Discussions 108
Rollieman Challenger SRT Redeye Discussions 1