Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Grand Wagoneer Gas Mileage Stats- Oh the Horror!

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Damn that thing is just UGLY wow the doors stand out like a sore thumb. Good gas mpg or bad the new Grand Wagoneer IMO is a GRAND Design Flop.
A set of black wheels, that aren't as ugly as those, tint the front windows to match the rears, and it will improve the look a lot.
I find the chevy escalade just as ugly.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
Gas mileage almost as bad as our Grand Cherokee SRT!

OP
P

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Thread Starter #23
All it needs is the woodgrain inserts on the side.;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wish they would put the 6.4 in the 1500. It would be sitting in my drive way tomorrow.
Blown away Ram hasn’t made a really bad ass 1500 truck with the 392 Motor what a damn shame.😡
Exactly. Why put that lame Hellcat engine in a 1500 when they could've offered a 6.4 instead?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
All it needs is the woodgrain inserts on the side.;)
Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Exactly. Why put that lame Hellcat engine in a 1500 when they could've offered a 6.4 instead?
Because not everyone wants to spend $120k on a Ram 1500 with some performance. :p

Besides......the 6.4 is much better for fleet duty giving rides and making money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They've kept that 5.7 in the 1500 for years after they put the 6.4 in the 2500's. They surely could've made another R/T package truck with the 6.4.
I mean Jesus.....they've stuffed that 6.4 in a Durango for a few years now.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Because not everyone wants to spend $120k on a Ram 1500 with some performance. :p
I agree. Which is the main reason I'm only paying about 70K for a somewhat lightly optioned one.

About the only reason I can see for a 6.4 is that the engine is slightly lighter (bigger holes in the block) and that there's no pesky blower adding power and wonderful sounds.

Heck, I may just have to cut the belt, so the 1500 will be more suitable for fleet duty.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
6.4 is the only engine available in the Grand Wagoneer. Even the 'cheap' GW is $88k though.

Regular (Un-grand) Wagoneer gets the 5.7 w/ Etorque
Should have done like the Suburban/Tahoe and given the EcoDiesel a home in one of these.

Im not a huge fan of GM at the moment but 26mpg in a 6400lbs Suburban that can tow 8,000lbs. Thats pretty damn good IMO.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Should have done like the Suburban/Tahoe and given the EcoDiesel a home in one of these.
Ecodiesel?!? Is this a wish list for a race to the bottom now?
Not even a taxi should be saddled with an Ecodiesel.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I agree. Which is the main reason I'm only paying about 70K for a somewhat lightly optioned one.

About the only reason I can see for a 6.4 is that the engine is slightly lighter (bigger holes in the block) and that there's no pesky blower adding power and wonderful sounds.

Heck, I may just have to cut the belt, so the 1500 will be more suitable for fleet duty.
You can probably generate some additional sales if you put a taco bar in the back, especially if you get the drunks late Fri/Sat nights after the bars close :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You can probably generate some additional sales if you put a taco bar in the back, especially if you get the drunks late Fri/Sat nights after the bars close :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You may be onto something there, 'trooper. Maybe an Ecodiesel will run on the taco drippings?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You may be onto something there, 'trooper. Maybe an Ecodiesel will run on the taco drippings?
I'm pretty sure it would if you added cheap greasy pizza :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Speaking of 1500s, I had one for about seven years. It was primarily used as an all-weather car, but one of its duties was to get softener salt every now and then.

Having four 40-lb. bags in the back made a very noticeable difference in stance and handling. There was no forgetting that those 160 lbs. were back there.

Well, the other day I used my new beater car, a Golf Sportwagen, to go get salt. What a difference!
Or more precisely, I couldn't feel any difference. Could've probably loaded 10 bags in the back before it affected anything negatively.

So please tell me again why the heck I ordered another 1500?!?
Oh, that's right...it doesn't have a V6, a 5.7, or a 6.4, but a 6.2.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Speaking of 1500s, I had one for about seven years. It was primarily used as an all-weather car, but one of its duties was to get softener salt every now and then.

Having four 40-lb. bags in the back made a very noticeable difference in stance and handling. There was no forgetting that those 160 lbs. were back there.

Well, the other day I used my new beater car, a Golf Sportwagen, to go get salt. What a difference!
Or more precisely, I couldn't feel any difference. Could've probably loaded 10 bags in the back before it affected anything negatively.

So please tell me again why the heck I ordered another 1500?!?
Oh, that's right...it doesn't have a V6, a 5.7, or a 6.4, but a 6.2.
Well.....I would hardly call the one you ordered just "another 1500". It's not the average 1500 with just some additional performance.
It's not in the same league as the average 1500 that comes with a 5.7 and you could add an R/T or Scat Pack package that would add the 6.4, and a few other performance goodies and could hit the $45-50k price range.

I know that you're fortunate enough to have a dealership that gives you outstanding deals, but not everyone has that. Every TRX that was advertised in my immediate area were all over $100k, with most touching $115-128k.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well.....I would hardly call the one you ordered just "another 1500". It's not the average 1500 with just some additional performance.

I know that you're fortunate enough to have a dealership that gives you outstanding deals, but not everyone has that. Every TRX that was advertised in my immediate area were all over $100k, with most touching $115-128k.
No, it's a bit beyond average, and I already knew that. But it wasn't until taking a creeper tour under my girlfriend's TRX that I realized just how un-average they are. There's a lot of good beefy stuff down there.
That's why it made sense to me to ditch the ultra boring 1500 and the Trackhawk and order another 1500.

Also, if you buy off the lot, you'll pay dearly. That's one reason why I prefer to order. I get exactly what I want, at a good price, and certainly no ADM.
Besides, it's a public dealership. Although not in your immediate area, which is a good thing. I'd hate to have bullet holes in a new car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
No, it's a bit beyond average, and I already knew that. But it wasn't until taking a creeper tour under my girlfriend's TRX that I realized just how un-average they are. There's a lot of good beefy stuff down there.
That's why it made sense to me to ditch the ultra boring 1500 and the Trackhawk and order another 1500.

Also, if you buy off the lot, you'll pay dearly. That's one reason why I prefer to order. I get exactly what I want, at a good price, and certainly no ADM.
Besides, it's a public dealership. Although not in your immediate area, which is a good thing. I'd hate to have bullet holes in a new car.
Hell......I avoid the city at all costs because not only don't I want bullet holes in my vehicle.....I don't want holes in me. :p

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I found that pic right after they announced the GW. I think it was in the same article but I'd have to do some digging to find out. You would think that Dodge could do it easily since it would share the same chassis as the GW and those look like std Ram 1500 front end parts.

Edit:

Here an even newer article......with a TRX twist.

https://2022suvs.com/2021-ram-ramcharger/
Now that is badass!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Dang. I may have to trade the TRX in on a 6.2 Ramcharger before I even get it.
Two door bliss!