Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last 4 days

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
FRIDAY

Wife takes.off work to await movers who eventually arrive 3.5 hours late. I am working on my jacked up.foot.waiting for surgery. One item.is working to put together a.materials.package for a.pizza hut / arby's build. Full bid was 150K but when they finally got.off the pot I had to tell.tjem no. Bc not enough time. Too many other.jobs on my end and they already are so.far.behind schedule I dont want any part.of it. Also.told. them their.contract.was unacceptable.

They call back, will I coordinate their material buy. Ok

Movers cant finish the move. I have bad feeling bc see them jamming my desk, upright, against trailer.door when I arrive. Dont tell.them to leave immediately bc we need to.move and did not want.to disappoint wife.

6 pm meeting at clients house w one of my staff.

Then go to optical.place after hours w kids to get 8 pairs of glasses and such. Plus then pick a 2200 RX. No shit, 2200.

SATURDAY

I go to old.house to meet one of my electricians so he can do work there. Wife stays to.meet movers who are going to unload what they loaded friday. Everything is good w gary and I do.more.work on ph/a deal.

Return home, find movers have quit bc they have damages.every single item they moved. Everyone. Wife is.crying feeling responsible, etc... then a series of silly conversations with the manager.of.the movers. In the coming weeks their going.to have a great time, let me tell you.

Worked.to get.my guys on a chimney and fireplace.fix. one of.the chimneys had never had flue pipe installed and the box was.juust sitting in it. Folks should have sued. Was deathtrap.

Made.a.dump.run with dump trailer.

Then coordinated another group of.my guys doing cabinetry, kitchen, and.island work at.the new.house.

All the.time while further damaging my foot I'm not supposed.to be walking.on.

SUNDAY

Rounded up 2 of my office guys and wife and we all moved most of the rest of furniture that was supposed.to be move. Still have 3 loads left.at.old.house.

Wife cooks parts.of.T day meal. Guys.finished chimney fix.

Packed, moved.and.unpacked and set up.my entire home.office. endless business calls during all.this.

MONDAY

Show up at hospital and have.the doc operate on.my foot. I do not.enjoy surgery. Cuts me up.good. booted, no.weight bearing. Etc... removed 3 big crystalline cysts. So.large he.tells.wife the had nearly completely cut through one tendon.

PH / A calls while I am knocked out wanting.to.move.forward w with the materials.purchase. at home I eventually wheel.myself to home office and start buying the materials. Many of the.manufacturers are unavailable bc holiday week.

Foot burns and stings.like sob. Have.to.keep.coordinating my.crews and.writing checks and having the sprinkler system repaired. Wife is crucial to all this. She is.my best friend and.love.of.my life.

Son demands to go to my sister's house to play video games while she is just.over.covid.

Took shower. In this condition a major achievement. Now.trying.out how to sleep wo intense.pain nor.opening surgical sutures.

And this is only the high lights. Much more BS could be added.
Wish I could.fast forward next.few days.
Hope your holiday is better than.mine.

Last edited:

fumanchu182

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This was a hell of a read brother. Stay off that foot man, it ain’t going to heal itself. I hope that your Thanksgiving is relaxing and you get the much-needed rest.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #3
Thanks guys. Will do what I can. And what I have to do. My bu businesses was good up until around March of this year then the shipping situation wreck everything. In Dire Straits.

And this is no big pity party. Helps me process some of it to share my frustrations.

Hellcatcfp

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Simi Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thanks guys. Will do what I can. And what I have to do. My bu businesses was good up until around March of this year then the shipping situation wreck everything. In Dire Straits.

And this is no big pity party. Helps me process some of it to share my frustrations.
Sorry to hear Magnified. Quickly approaching this reality myself. Take care of yourself and happy Thanksgiving.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat , 2019 RedEye WB
Damn that’s a lot on your plate Magnified, hope you get a nice break over thanksgiving.. I’m still glad my Dad runs the paint business.. people ask me sometimes when am I going to take over.. I’m like I’m in no Rush! Hah.. some people don’t understand how much work it is to Run a business by yourself.. those Non Stop phonecalls you mention.. my dad always jokes when you Run the business I’ll be you and you pay me the $$$$$ Salary and deal with all The Bullshit haha..

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #6
Rodger that

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Hang in there a couple of weeks if you can keep off the foot you’ll be through the worst of it . I’ve had a couple of rough weeks myself but this puts it in perspective.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ChargerChallenger Off Topic Chat 18
Speedy! General Stellantis Discussions 9
ChargerChallenger General Automotive Discussions 78
ChargerChallenger Off Topic Chat 24
P Build Projects 15
ChargerChallenger Off Topic Chat 3
Speedy! General Racing Discussions 9
ChargerChallenger General Automotive Discussions 8
Hellcatcfp Off Topic Chat 36
Linda's Hell Cat Drag Racing 11
Chuck General Racing Discussions 10