Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Redeye low volume numbers will this make her the sought after one years down the road?

Is the Redeye a true sought after collector down the road

• Total voters

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The Redeye built in 2019 IMO are incredibly low production numbers which you have to wonder will this be a GEM for the future collectors. Post your vote and express your thoughts and no it’s not a DEMON thread lol.
CBA3B605-66D9-4343-A6FF-C5456EB8D3CF.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It won't hurt that in 20 years you won't find anything new that sounds like a big V8 either.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
But, they made a bunch more widebody Redeyes, right? Still less than 3300 Demons after one year of availability, but there is also no limited production run (as though 3300 cars is anywhere near limited).

The Redeye with a tire on it is going to be the superior overall car. The Demon is a niche vehicle with a LOT of marketing hype behind it - the Redeye just kind of existed as a trim level last year. Additionally, as we already determined only a handful of Demons got spec'd as stripper cars (single seat, no option cars - as they were marketed)... the rest are just bloated Redeyes with a "drag" suspension that run in the low-10s just like a Redeye on a tire.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
But, they made a bunch more widebody Redeyes, right? Still less than 3300 Demons after one year of availability, but there is also no limited production run (as though 3300 cars is anywhere near limited).

The Redeye with a tire on it is going to be the superior overall car. The Demon is a niche vehicle with a LOT of marketing hype behind it - the Redeye just kind of existed as a trim level last year. Additionally, as we already determined only a handful of Demons got spec'd as stripper cars (single seat, no option cars - as they were marketed)... the rest are just bloated Redeyes with a "drag" suspension that run in the low-10s just like a Redeye on a tire.
A bunch more? Not really. About 3100 ea. 2019 WBRE’s. A 2019 narrow body may be something interesting at less than 1000 units made. I wonder if they can move/build that many total in 2020 with the new Vette so moderately priced, along with the Mustang if they let some go for near their sticker prices? Not to mention the basement cost of used Hellcats now? The Demon marketing hype will be history in the distant future IMO, but they are definitely unique and the single year of production will make them special. Minor differences won’t be that significant in 20 years like springs and brakes, with the RE actually having larger brakes. The nice well kept units remaining should all be interesting pieces in the future, both the Demons and Red Eyes. Same engine and drivetrain will be the most repeated story and sought after units.

I don’t really care, they can deal with my RE after I either die or can’t drive it so I’ll sell it for food and shelter when my money runs out if I can live that long.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Only 33 of my Plum Crazy original body and the color is no more. I may have made a good call for my last car. IMG_1968.jpg

Last edited:

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
This thread seems oddly familiar to me....I recall beck in '15, the Hellcat Challengers were low production, and some thought they would be a desired model. -Then they (FCA) flooded the market with them in 2016. No one I know of wants a '15 specifically because it was a low volume year. Even the few that had the rare sunroof or black hood options that were produced at the end of the '15 MY - they don't seem to command any more $$ than any other used '15 Hellcat. Heck, now to make things even worse, any Scat Pack can be ordered to look exactly like any Hellcat Challenger....same hood, wheels, brakes etc. - Just different fender emblems externally.

-FCA is still going to produce both the narrow bodied (or regular) RE Challenger HC's along with the Wide Bodied ones in 2020, with no big changes from the '19 models. I don't see the '19's (narrow or WB) as being sought after in the future myself.

-I used to think my '15 Jazz Blue HC would be desirable...it was the rarest color produced in '15. Turns out that It didn't command any more value than any other that year. -40 years from now?!? Don't matter to me since I'll most likely be long gone by then.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
This thread seems oddly familiar to me....I recall beck in '15, the Hellcat Challengers were low production, and some thought they would be a desired model. -Then they (FCA) flooded the market with them in 2016. No one I know of wants a '15 specifically because it was a low volume year. Even the few that had the rare sunroof or black hood options that were produced at the end of the '15 MY - they don't seem to command any more $$ than any other used '15 Hellcat. Heck, now to make things even worse, any Scat Pack can be ordered to look exactly like any Hellcat Challenger....same hood, wheels, brakes etc. - Just different fender emblems externally.

-FCA is still going to produce both the narrow bodied (or regular) RE Challenger HC's along with the Wide Bodied ones in 2020, with no big changes from the '19 models. I don't see the '19's (narrow or WB) as being sought after in the future myself.
Well I got one 15 Hellcat and a 19 Redeye just in case.:)

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Well I got one 15 Hellcat and a 19 Redeye just in case.:)
So you're cornering the market.....nice.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Mission
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 REWB
Hello All. New to Forum. Is there final numbers on the 2019 Wide Body Redeye? I see the chart above but seems to be it’s for Narrow Body only. Got a Sublime WB RE with Cloth.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Won't matter at all unless they decide never to make them again after this year.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
I think it is interesting we evaluate our cars today thinking to the past. The world Population in 1970 the magic year of the HEMI Cuda 426 was 3.7 Billion. And today the world population for 2019 is 7.7 Billion which if the numbers stayed the same over the next 39 years we could be talking 14 billion people and wow, yikes thats a hell of a lot of poop lol. The point is should 30-40 years from now people be looking for these cars the equation will be very low available cars to the collectors. Just like now the 1970 cars are not common in equation to todays population. And add to the impact of true change to the ICE Age we live in which 30-40 years from now it will be the ICE Age for our cars and us as well.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
OHWGA!
The path of enlightenment will lead one to discover that the 2018 SRT hellcat widebody had a grand total of 1640 units made for U.S. production, standard body 1317, so even both versions added together, trump the demon on the "rarity" factor for that year. who cares.

This same path will show that the way of the internal combustion engine is realistically not going to last much longer.

Collector value in 20 years! sure. ...but there wont be any more 91 octane being produced & sold by then, so who is going to buy a vehicle they cannot fuel and therefore drive? modify it to take the whatever new fuel comes around and now its not original anymore.
I'm driving mine like the wheels will fall off if I dont. Its technically 1 of 2 in its combo due it being special order.
No one cares. probably no one ever will. I'm not going to wait 20+ yrs to find out.
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat State Distribution.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Really? All the fuel driven cars will be obsolete and not usable in 20 years huh?
Like we were going to run completely out of oil before the year 2000?
Like the world ends in 2035 without 100% renewable fuel usage?

Now we have more than we realized in 1975 exists! We don't even give a rip about the Middle East any longer. Here we are in 2019 AND the good old USA IS producing more crude than any other country in the world.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
All these high performance cars will be desirable in the future. But it will probably take 20-25 years to get there.

Maybe sooner if the big 3 make garbage like they did in the late 70s/early 80s but upcoming technology isn't eliminating performance for mpg.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Really? All the fuel driven cars will be obsolete and not usable in 20 years huh?
Like we were going to run completely out of oil before the year 2000?
Like the world ends in 2035 without 100% renewable fuel usage?

Now we have more than we realized in 1975 exists! We don't even give a rip about the Middle East any longer. Here we are in 2019 AND the good old USA IS producing more crude than any other country in the world.
I agree there will be gasoline around a lot longer then the Green people want to hear. It’s over 100 years later and gas is still here and just way to much money made in the industry to be obsolete. Plus power companies will agree their is no way the whole world can be electric since they dint have the infrastructure. And yes their will be a percentage of the market electric but like every market there is always a niche to be filled which will be filling up Ice Age cars.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
The Redeye built in 2019 IMO are incredibly low production numbers which you have to wonder will this be a GEM for the future collectors. Post your vote and express your thoughts and no it’s not a DEMON thread lol.
View attachment 8243
Can this be right??? Only 604 redeyes built for 2019?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Only 604 of the regular bodies, there’s over 3000 widebodys.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Yes this is correct for the non widebody and for the WB 3353 which means the regular body cars are super rare.