Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thinking of selling my Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Road courses are not equal to Hellcats. We won’t look good at all at a short track for example like Hallet in OK. But run a high speed much longer course (RA or BIR Long) and a lowered powered car will not have faster laps, been there and done it on both kinds of tracks.
Our tracks around us are small

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Road America May 14-15. Bring up the truckload and drive them. Me and the Redeye are in. Hope the power upgrades are out by then.

Get yourself up by late Friday for Check-in, your wife will love staying at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake and visiting the track about five minutes away.

That Hellcat is bad ass.
what group is doing road America. I think that would be badass. It’s a 23hr drive for my rig.

for that kind of distance I would like to race another track along the route to make the most of it. Maybe race road America that weekend and then find another track the weekend before or after and make it a 10-12 day racing trip. Send me a PM with details your talking about and we can keep in touch.

I’ve trailers my hellcat to Arizona to race the desert, I’m not shy of driving.

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Appreciate the input everyone, this is a tough subject for me. I have allot of good memories in my hellcat in the past 3-4 years. I’m not used to selling my performance vehicles, I like to keep them forever. I just hate to leave such a beautiful and fast vehicle sitting there not doing anything. It literally hurts. It’s a gorgeous car and I have about every part modded to my exact specs, through lots of trial and error.

it seems you guys are open to it and have given some good insight. I think I’ll start off putting a feeler out to see what I could get, I might over price it a bit, like 80-85k with the full mod list, and just sit on it. If someone bites, I probably would sell it. If not, it’s mine forever.

I want to
You’re in a much different phase of life, financially speaking, than I haha. Actually, we’re not even playing the same game! I’d still say that there aren’t as many cars that are perfectly suited for cruising town or driving cross country as the Hellcat. And @DGatzby is definitely working to prove it as a road course car.

That being said, I’ll use a bit of an analogy for me. I’m a part time USAF pilot now with the Reserves. When I’m not flying, I don’t really think about it too much or “miss it” necessarily.

But, for the 5 days every month I go fly, every time I get into the cockpit I’m reminded how awesome that experience is.

You’ve got plenty of choices. If you don’t get that same feeling when you get in the Hellcat, then sell it!
Appreciate the insight. and as for that feeling, it’s still there in my hellcat when I drive it. Although I don’t drive it as much. The biggest part is letting it sit so much. I hate leaving it for a month or two and not drive it. I’m just so busy with everything else in life.

COVID has been good to my business, it helped get me to my goals allot faster than I thought. It gave me some extra income to invest and also to play around with. Cars and guns are a passion of mine. And I got to splurge pretty good this past year. 2022 looks like another banger, so we will keep the train going. Still gotta stay smart, keep saving and investing. Allot is going to change this year, big changes that have never happened before for the country. It’s weird times, and slightly scary.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
what group is doing road America. I think that would be badass. It’s a 23hr drive for my rig.

for that kind of distance I would like to race another track along the route to make the most of it. Maybe race road America that weekend and then find another track the weekend before or after and make it a 10-12 day racing trip. Send me a PM with details your talking about and we can keep in touch.

I’ve trailers my hellcat to Arizona to race the desert, I’m not shy of driving.
For others who may be interested: http://www.mvptracktime.com/

Mark runs a pretty strict event. IMO nearly too strict, I have been black flagged 2/2 years and times. Each one was NOT as they believed, last year I even challenged the accusation and asked them to take me to the videos because it did not happen. They let me go. But, that being said, I am returning for a third year, and would rather have a more robust rule enforcement, then less safe.

@WhipCat I will also PM you.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Our tracks around us are small
I agree, there is a real small one here in the metro area. I went once and would return just to shake out the car if necessary. Oh man is it different attempting to roll this nearly 5000 lbs around that as opposed to a beautiful big radius sweeper that you really know well. Your right with any more power that would not matter. But, on those big ones, these upcoming power upgrades will make it more fun.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
For others who may be interested: http://www.mvptracktime.com/

Mark runs a pretty strict event. IMO nearly too strict, I have been black flagged 2/2 years and times. Each one was NOT as they believed, last year I even challenged the accusation and asked them to take me to the videos because it did not happen. They let me go. But, that being said, I am returning for a third year, and would rather have a more robust rule enforcement, then less safe.

@WhipCat I will also PM you.
What did you get black flagged for, hurting to many feelings:unsure:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
What did you get black flagged for, hurting to many feelings:unsure:
Well:love: From my POV I was nearly three across under the darn starter flagman. He got his feelings hurt maybe, because we were flying! After me and my “wingman” and friend in a Z06 C8 passed several coming up that straight, (I let him by in the Kink area, and then he hit the traffic ahead of me also). We entered the main straight wide open after we both made excellent turns into the straight. At about 150-160 or so, he was looking for a point-by from the Vette in front of him. I was waiting for the point-by from him, the Redeye was in that 150+ MPH mode and pulling like it should and could have passed everything. Ha, nobody pointed, and nobody passed. Probably a good thing. But I got black flagged for passing!

Last year I got it again for passing in Turn #1. That was pure fiction and that is the replay I asked for but was never offered either. What happened there we all believe is that a Camaro was nearly the same color as my car and I had switched to my black wheels from the shiny units the day before. We believe an honest mistake in identification occurred.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My .02 cents....I LOVE my Hellcat and appreciate it for what it is and what's it's designed to do well. Go fast in a straight line and look good doing it.

I tend to keep things for longer than most. I'm a bit OCD about my "stuff" so it tends to stay looking like new, works and I fix it if it breaks, things like that. It's sort of a blessing and a curse because even our appliances are 10 yrs old but rather than buy new ones I fix them if they break just because I can LOL. However, it also means things age technologically and sometimes I wish it had the new features, I just can't be bothered to replace it.

Having said all that, for the foreseeable future the only thing that I'd get rid of my Hellcat for is a better one, and that's looking to be unlikely with the way things are going. I kept my 2009 R/T for almost 8 years until I traded it for the Hellcat and would have kept it but the Hellcat was such a good platform it made sense. This is the only car I've ever bought twice like that. Two Challengers back to back and would buy a third if there was enough improvement over what I have now.

I had a 2016 2SS Camaro and when Covid hit and we started working from home it pretty much got parked. I maybe drove it 1,000 miles in a year. I sold it in August of 2019 and haven't missed it one bit. I didn't LOVE the Camaro.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@Speedy! more bells and whistles isn't always a good thing. We have one of those fancy expensive ovens and the thing keeps breaking. It's 3 years old and the last 6 months the repair guy has been out 4 times. Luckily, there is warranty on it. The last part was a $1000 dollar part. Keep the old stuff don't give into the flashy new stuff all the time. :ROFLMAO:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Heck we have a Charger Hellcat and a Challenger Scat Pack and I'm trying to figure out how to get the wife to let me get a Challenger Super Stock.
Please let me know what I need to do to get her to agree?? 🤣🤣🤣

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It’s the third Time I’ve thought about it in the past 2 months.

im so into road racing now, im gonna buy a second track car soon also. That’s not the reason im selling Hellcat.

I Just don’t drive it as much, I have my TRX and it is beyond a blast to drive. It’s the ultimate truck. Fast, comfortable, holds all my gun shit. Holds my mountain bikes, everything.

I want something that turns corners, it’s beyond intoxicating. Driving my Hellcat on the street is nice, but for the occasional straight line smash, it’s nice, but so quick. I destroyed a lambo a few weeks ago by 2 bus lengths, he wanted a second go and he got smashed again. He got beat so bad he followed me to my office to check under the hood and ask wtf is going on with my car. Gotta love that stuff.

every week i get to do 130-170 mph 20-40 times. And race wheel to wheel with cars of all types, 1.3 million dollars Mclaren sennas, porche gt3 and gt2, Ferrari, lambo, vette, bmw, yadda yadda, and it’s way more fun. it desensitizes you to street driving.

you also start to appreciate the difference between a straight line car and a car that can handle. The Hellcat, at least the way I have mine setup is built for one purpose, straight line acceleration. It lacks on all the other performance statistics.

I’ve got probably 60-70k in my Hellcat over the years. I don’t need to sell it, and I still love it. But it’s the only performance car I’ve be considered selling. Probably could get 65-75k with the mods I have in it, maybe more?? I don’t know for sure. Might put a feeler out.

I’d like to get an ACR viper. Although they want stupid money for them right now.

just throwing it out there. Curious if your thoughts in Hellcat land.
Are you crazy ?

Don't sell !

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Heck we have a Charger Hellcat and a Challenger Scat Pack and I'm trying to figure out how to get the wife to let me get a Challenger Super Stock.
Please let me know what I need to do to get her to agree?? 🤣🤣🤣
David ..David...when you n yer dad had the "talk"...he musta left out the good parts if yer askin that question:oops::oops:...there's a bunch of web sites:censored::censored::censored:..that can help you get her to.."ahem"..agree;);););)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
David ..David...when you n yer dad had the "talk"...he musta left out the good parts if yer askin that question:oops::oops:...there's a bunch of web sites:censored::censored::censored:..that can help you get her to.."ahem"..agree;);););)
My dad could never get my mom to agree to anything. I'm thinking that I'm way ahead of the game!!

She did agree to an enclosed trailer a few months ago!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My dad could never get my mom to agree to anything. I'm thinking that I'm way ahead of the game!!

She did agree to an enclosed trailer a few months ago!
Shes a keeper then...(try the swirl move);););)

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
Are you crazy ?

Don't sell !
lol. Nothings happening right now. Just letting time go on.

I was racing last night in the 350. It keeps me plenty distracted.