Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

This day in racing history...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Today, 93 years or so ago, at Daytona Beach a Brit whose name escapes me at the moment (but who held the water absolute speed record at the time) ran his one off Sunbeam 1000-hp special in an attempt to capture the land speed record as well. He did it, despite having to drive the car into the water on pass number one because it was on the verge of going out of control. Pass one, 200 and some change; return pass, 207 and some change. New record, 203.5 or thereabouts. 97 years later, I have a 2.5 ton four door in my driveway that can top out faster than that world record. Now, it's almost a hundred years, sure, but damn the march of technology is sweet.

1i609d.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Today, 93 years or so ago, at Daytona Beach a Brit whose name escapes me at the moment (but who held the water absolute speed record at the time) ran his one off Sunbeam 1000-hp special in an attempt to capture the land speed record as well. He did it, despite having to drive the car into the water on pass number one because it was on the verge of going out of control. Pass one, 200 and some change; return pass, 207 and some change. New record, 203.5 or thereabouts. 97 years later, I have a 2.5 ton four door in my driveway that can top out faster than that world record. Now, it's almost a hundred years, sure, but damn the march of technology is sweet.

View attachment 14847
So what...93 years ago it took a month to get from NYC to London...93 yrs later...takes 7 hrs n change...NOW THATS TECHNOLOGY !!!!!!;););)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think the Barnum and Ballet Cir a up us could do it on their knees may baby do it faster with non crabbed clawed, once removed right claw,, faster. Crab boy,, what a trip one claw and three testical, whom is looking except the 3 breasted what ever you want to call it. And the camel, oh crace me an extra milk jug of shine in the desert with no ice to be hadster. I live and had worked 30 miles from Riverview, Fl from the capital of farm land of the peoples from Dorthy's ville. # headed toe to's was true. Once a years the bitch with the bicycle witch Indian bare back hoarse back, hoarse had a blanket she was as naked as a hoarse shoe crab and a wolfe fish. Gives the wolve fish a head start. But look at the cross dressing of the parents. Monica did better blowing a rail road tab cab, crab or two headed shrimp from Punta Guarda area ta.. ta If there is one. Tomorrow nite ware off the glue snue with a good pint of shine,, ster. Not my cousin either,, she is worth 2 quarts with a bottle of pickled okra. Other than non smokables, it's the best. Better than birth control,, just eat it. Non IN instructions. Unless you want to go back water snorkeling with out the snorkel. Imaginations my friends. Or 1 other additional info and attempt. Sharing and daring. Goos smatters. Hywasee River. Yea, yea, yea, wing nutted sparkey's know where that is. A little yeller town given a non sence name of Cosby Corner. Best name other than red ant hell from hell town with money machines on everypot hole. Plugged into hell. Corner of 4 way stop, 1 block ironed barred blocked, 5 nicely kept up trailers. Where was I ,,, caught up in yhe moment. Visitors welcome, Great people to welcome Fl people from white waters drownings.wrafter. Spent 1 week in mountains drinking your best mixed drink that test like shine and coke/ Don't matter what you order,, bottle coke opened, poured 1/2 out, shook up. and 1/2 white stuff poured in, shook and glassed, iced and there is yua Marka rita/ Allt he same price and good. Dinner caught our rain bow trout with cane pole and worm right ought out of the stream running thru the stream. Great plac to sayyyy night.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think the Barnum and Ballet Cir a up us could do it on their knees may baby do it faster with non crabbed clawed, once removed right claw,, faster. Crab boy,, what a trip one claw and three testical, whom is looking except the 3 breasted what ever you want to call it. And the camel, oh crace me an extra milk jug of shine in the desert with no ice to be hadster. I live and had worked 30 miles from Riverview, Fl from the capital of farm land of the peoples from Dorthy's ville. # headed toe to's was true. Once a years the bitch with the bicycle witch Indian bare back hoarse back, hoarse had a blanket she was as naked as a hoarse shoe crab and a wolfe fish. Gives the wolve fish a head start. But look at the cross dressing of the parents. Monica did better blowing a rail road tab cab, crab or two headed shrimp from Punta Guarda area ta.. ta If there is one. Tomorrow nite ware off the glue snue with a good pint of shine,, ster. Not my cousin either,, she is worth 2 quarts with a bottle of pickled okra. Other than non smokables, it's the best. Better than birth control,, just eat it. Non IN instructions. Unless you want to go back water snorkeling with out the snorkel. Imaginations my friends. Or 1 other additional info and attempt. Sharing and daring. Goos smatters. Hywasee River. Yea, yea, yea, wing nutted sparkey's know where that is. A little yeller town given a non sence name of Cosby Corner. Best name other than red ant hell from hell town with money machines on everypot hole. Plugged into hell. Corner of 4 way stop, 1 block ironed barred blocked, 5 nicely kept up trailers. Where was I ,,, caught up in yhe moment. Visitors welcome, Great people to welcome Fl people from white waters drownings.wrafter. Spent 1 week in mountains drinking your best mixed drink that test like shine and coke/ Don't matter what you order,, bottle coke opened, poured 1/2 out, shook up. and 1/2 white stuff poured in, shook and glassed, iced and there is yua Marka rita/ Allt he same price and good. Dinner caught our rain bow trout with cane pole and worm right ought out of the stream running thru the stream. Great plac to sayyyy night.
Care to comment anyone ???

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Uhhhh.
What?????

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
3 fries shy of a Happy Meal?
Or 3 bottles of shine MORE?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
97 years later, I have a 2.5 ton four door in my driveway that can top out faster than that world record. Now, it's almost a hundred years, sure, but damn the march of technology is sweet.
The 2 door guys don't get it. :cool:

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
All I can say is welcome back Hickster - I was starting to get concerned as quite a few of Hicksters posts lately I read and understood the first time.
I was just reading thru and made it 3 lines (at most) before I had to check to make sure who was writing this... 🤔😉

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
So what...93 years ago it took a month to get from NYC to London...93 yrs later...takes 7 hrs n change...NOW THATS TECHNOLOGY !!!!!!;););)
lol, I believe it took one week then :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All I can say is welcome back Hickster - I was starting to get concerned as quite a few of Hicksters posts lately I read and understood the first time.
I was just reading thru and made it 3 lines (at most) before I had to check to make sure who was writing this... 🤔😉
That man musta done some heavy duty drugs back in the day....but make no mistake..he aint stupid...or a fool...

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Hickster is actually the Governor of Georgia. He's got to vent somehow.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Was it Malcolm Campbell ,of Bluebird fame and father of Donald?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
If I remember correctly, yes, it was Malcolm. But be aware that is with shocked, stroked, and aged brain cells, so your mileage may vary.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I was young lad when Donald was breaking speed records and can recall the fateful accident on Coniston water going for the water speed record which shocked the nation.Days of heroes.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Yes. The guy who drove the SSC (and is supposed to drive the rocket/jet hybrid if it doesn't fail financially) is of that same type.