Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

this dont seem correct to me?

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
this past sat. I ran both cars and I would have thought that the hellcat would have been much quicker the hellcat is running 17lbs. of boost the scat only 7lbs. pro charged both on drag radials same fuel 93 octane with boostane but I did notice on the way to the strip the hellcat would blow a little black smoke when I would get in it to much for my opinion.

Attachments

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
What was the DA ?
Your 60' needs to be 1.6 or 1.5.
What tire psi ?

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I started with 25lbs. m/t radials and went up to 28lbs. with no change and was launching at 4000rpm's yeah the scat is an a8 and leaving good but the hellcat sucked da was about air density 92% track elevation is 288.7 84 degree's

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If your seeing black smoke, maybe the computer is dumping fuel to compensate for the extra boost and your way rich and loosing power when you hit it. If it's not black and maybe blue you might be detonating. You sure it's black? Also without a tune and 17lb.s of boost your computer may be pulling a shit ton of timing when your going down the track under load and you loosing power. Just ask @fumanchu182 . And he has a tune. If your down to 4 or 5 degrees adv, the 7 l.b Procharged scat may be making @ the same power. 17lbs without a tune is a bit much to push the parameters of the stock PCM. You may have to bite the bullet and pay for a tune/dyno session. If not put it back to stock and run it down the track and see if you gained anything. Just my .02.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
you may be right coolblue but my son was behind me headed to the track and also my wife and both said it was black smoke....the car was tuned for 15lbs. thats what it made with the upper 2.85 but maybe incognito sleeve added the other 2lbs. but I was for sure it would learn somewhat for 2lbs. maybe thats what I get for thinking when your old and limited....lol yeah kinda a pain in the kester when my scat with only a pro charger runs side by side to the hellcat.I ahve tried to find someone that has similar set up to look my tune but havent ran across anyone yet that will.The car done have cats. just lt headers and flowmaster 10's

Attachments

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
And yes I have reached out to demon performance and havent heard back from them but also reached out to Jay Greene and he has responded....I just have to wait till he's back in his office.I wish I could find somewhere close enough to dyno tune for me that way it would be a known.But living in South Carolina it's hard and I dont trust everyone anyway.Demon has dyno now but they stay so busy it's hard for me because like most of you I work also from 6am till 5pm 6 days a week

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I didn't remember it was tuned with the 2.85 from the other threads. I thought you went 2.85 stock tune and then went incognito to push it further. I was told when I had my car tuned that my '19 RE had much more sensitive knock retard programmed into it than the '15 - '17 HC's so they de-sensitized it a bit. But maybe your at the point where your triggering yours and need it adjusted for knock sensitivity or cat over temp fuel dump.
PS: The attachment you added in last comment is not coming through my computer?? Maybe it's on my end, I dk.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
It look s like my knock sensor have been work over compared to stock....let me see if I can send it a different way.Yes it had been tuned for the 2.85 and I thought just adding 2 more lbs. it would kinda learn that itself?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Is the Hellcat an A8 or M6?

RE knock sensors are desensitized from OEM vs Hellcat FYI, perhaps due to the different blower being nosier or something.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’m with @Speedy! - you mentioned that the Scatty was an A8, but didn’t mention the transmission in the HC. If it’s an M6, it’s doing exactly what I would expect…
Also, 7psi on a 485hp NA motor with 10.5 compression will make more power than more boost on a lower NA base HP. If a HC made 400-410hp NA, I’d be surprised. The 6.1 HEMI had 10.3 compression and made 425… for comparison.
That being said, it’s apples and oranges if the HC is an M6. You need to check the logs on the HC if it’s blowing smoke… it shouldn’t be, ever.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
yes it's a m6 hellcat.....I'm going to have it dyno tuned and hopefully they'll find the problem....

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
yes it's a m6 hellcat.....I'm going to have it dyno tuned and hopefully they'll find the problem....
Make sure you go to a competent Hellcat shop, or they’ll charge you for dyno time and a HP number and send you home smoking worse than you went in.
If you can log (which at 17psi I’m sure that you have the capability to do that) send it to your tuner… that’s where I would start.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
yes it's demon performance they are the guys that tuned my scat pack and done a great job on it

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Skip is a good guy, you’re in good hands.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yep, M6 it's doing what I'd expect time slip wise. Can't speak to the smoke, maybe tuned a bit rich or something.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
I think it is tuned rich also I bought the car used so I dont know for sure what all has been or hasnt been done to the car.....but skip with find it I hope.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I started with 25lbs. m/t radials and went up to 28lbs. with no change and was launching at 4000rpm's yeah the scat is an a8 and leaving good but the hellcat sucked da was about air density 92% track elevation is 288.7 84 degree's
OK a M6, they are hard to launch & get a low 60', are you on 20's or 17's ?...if your on a 20 that makes it even harder to 60', either way tire psi should be about 18 for the track.
It's all about the 60'.

Last edited:
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
OK a M6, they are hard to launch & get a low 60', are you on 20's or 17's ?...if your on a 20 that makes it even harder to 60', either way tire psi should be about 18.
It's all about the 60'.
running 305x40x17's m/t radial's

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think you mean 305x45x17,
SS or ET street R ?

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
yes your right et is at the 60 and the speed is on the other end.....the scat pack would jump me out the whole but I could run him down but just barely.you could tell it would bog ever so slightly and then pick up ....thats was the reason I added a little air trying to stop the bog but didnt help.And you cant use launch control without traction control.But the launch control works well heat the tires roll up slow and stop push launch control floor the pedal and it would hold at 4000 and when let go of the clutch on the amber it was close