Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

tires and brake dust

Member ID
Reactions
City
owensboro
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019redeye hellcat
Thinking about ordering a 2021 SRT Super Stock just wanted to know if the tires on the Demon are the same on the Super Stock and are they decent tires for DD and how bad is the brake dust on the smaller brakes. Thanks

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
The SS comes with 4 drag radials. Unsure if they are the same as the Demons. You will need to replace the fronts and prob wont get more than 5000 out of the rears. Small brakes have significantly less brake dust than the big brakes

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
^^what he said. The SS is (maybe) a half step down from the Demon. 4 drag radials would not be great DD tires for most people. Easy enough to buy another set of wheels/tires for DD use though. And if the brake dust ends up bothering you, just install some Powerstop Z26 pads. They're pretty cheap.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
^^what he said. The SS is (maybe) a half step down from the Demon. 4 drag radials would not be great DD tires for most people. Easy enough to buy another set of wheels/tires for DD use though. And if the brake dust ends up bothering you, just install some Powerstop Z26 pads. They're pretty cheap.
And...they work...

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
And...they work...
The StopTech 308 pads also work great...similar to stock but much less dust.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I would just leave the stock brake pads.

I race my Demon. That black brake dust shit.

Is long gone now.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thinking about ordering a 2021 SRT Super Stock just wanted to know if the tires on the Demon are the same on the Super Stock and are they decent tires for DD and how bad is the brake dust on the smaller brakes. Thanks
I know of two fully loaded 2020's for sale that are going to IL. One is built and the other is still pending. Smoke Show is built. Sinamon Stick is not built yet.