Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trucker Protest Has Impeded Production

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
The Trucker Convoy protests have blocked the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor and the Blue Water near Port Huron. This will directly affect parts supplies to plants in the area, most likely causing production interruptions due to shifts being cancelled and postponing new vehicle transport traffic.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Excuse me while I vent. God Damn Ass Holes get off the F-ing bridge so I can get my damn head light. It has been on the GD truck for 6 weeks. Now go back to work so some of us can have our pleasures we have waited all our lives for. Get you damn shot like a trucker and go back to work.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just had to bring it up. Part was supposed to be here AGAIN TODAY. Did it show up?? Hell no.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Do you want freedom or tyranny?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
555 Redeye

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Thread Starter #6
Do you want freedom or tyranny?
Don't get me wrong, I support their efforts 100%.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hmmm..so Hick has a light that don't go on...whouda thunk it..:unsure:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well Hell, Hick don't have a light don't come on. What about some one waiting on a tranny?? Same damn difference. According to the Fl collision dept they can't let this car out of the shop unless dept of trans releases it to their standards. Which means my GD $1,200 head light is causing $100,000s of doing nothing. If it was your damn car, you wood be pissed off. If I have to drive to god awful Detroit with a hand full of bikers and find my light,, I will. Outlaws are still friends.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well Hell, Hick don't have a light don't come on. What about some one waiting on a tranny?? Same damn difference. According to the Fl collision dept they can't let this car out of the shop unless dept of trans releases it to their standards. Which means my GD $1,200 head light is causing $100,000s of doing nothing. If it was your damn car, you wood be pissed off. If I have to drive to god awful Detroit with a hand full of bikers and find my light,, I will. Outlaws are still friends.

Tell them it's not their responsibility to ensure your compliance with DOT.

Pay your bill on your property and take possession of your property.

That's a much more viable scenario than driving up to Canada to find your light on a truck, or perhaps a shipping dock.

Make sense?

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Anybody know what the heck they’re protesting over? Is the gain if they’re successful really worth the havoc and millions in losses they’re causing???

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Anybody know what the heck they’re protesting over? Is the gain if they’re successful really worth the havoc and millions in losses they’re causing???
"The protests were ignited by truckers who oppose the nation's new rule that requires them to be fully vaccinated when crossing the Canada-US border or face a two-week quarantine. Their "Freedom Convoy" has since drawn others who are resisting Covid-19 preventative measures, including mask mandates, lockdowns and restrictions on gatherings.
"I want all these mandates gone, and I'm not leaving until all the mandates are gone. So, I am here for the long haul," Dylan Friesen, a protester in Ottawa, told CNN on Wednesday. "They can try get rid of us, but we're not leaving."
But officials are taking legal steps to remove the demonstrations."

So basically a holy war in a sense. All I know is my hellcat will probably be delayed because of this.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
And I am sure you are pissed. I have, passed 2 days, found other ways around the DAMN TRUCKERS, to find producers of the product in stock. 1 being American Muscle. I know there are ways to get around the DOT but. To put the front end the way it is put together with all 100 pins. It all has to be taken apart to replace the head light. I have done this once and don't want to do it a 3 rd time. Pain in the ass. The 2 governments should have taken control over this a long time ago,,, or you are going to get radicals' like myself, But. People getting layed off from work cause of this debacle has been going on for too long. People can't pay their heating bills. That wood piss me off to no end. I really don't want to put my car back together to have to take it apart again.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow, interesting.

Understand that a lot of the members here fully support the truckers, farmers and Canadians that are fully behind the movement.

As well as the similar movements around the globe, and further the ones coming to the United States in the coming weeks.

The goal of these protests is to regain the freedoms and liberties that we have all lost and to send a message to the current leaders that they have far overstepped their legal and moral rights.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What happened to rail services?

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
What happened to rail services?
Save those blockages for the Native Americans

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Excuse me while I vent. God Damn Ass Holes get off the F-ing bridge so I can get my damn head light. It has been on the GD truck for 6 weeks. Now go back to work so some of us can have our pleasures we have waited all our lives for. Get you damn shot like a trucker and go back to work.
Hick it's not about the shot . It's about the tyrannical infringement on the Canadian's freedom and their GOD given rights for personal choice. To fucking bad your not getting your headlight, maybe you should have ordered it from Communist China seeing how you're sympathizing with them anyway and how the commies will step on the citizens rights, pretty much how the Canadian bureaucrats are treating their citizens up north. Pull your head out of your ass and deal with it. I stand with the truckers and the citizens in Canada ! If I'm a little inconvenienced that's just doing my part supporting them.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
To give you an idea

We were just recently allowed to go to restaurants / indoor dining of any kind / bars etc as of a week ago with max capacity of 50 percent
Prior only takeout
Try running a business with takeout only on & off for 2 effin years to flatten the curve
To get into a restaurant & pretty well any NON essential place you need a QR code
Everyone know what those are ? Basically a dam bar code with your vaccine status
You cannot get a QR code unless your double vaccinated
Many are pushing for triple vaccines to be considered "vaccinated"
So then I would need 3 shots to have a beer inside at any location
Plus masks & 6 feet separation
No standing at the bar, sit to drink
Mask on to the bathrooms

All this for a burger & a beer
This is just 1 issue

Health care is another issue as most Americans are aware our system is free ( aside from heavy taxation )

Canada has been locked down on & off since March 2020
Truckers have been crossing the international border for 2 years
Now they need to be vaccinated ???
Canadians are 90 percent vaccinated already
We did our effin part
Open up is what we want
Government overreach finally pissed many off

Ontario issued another state of emergency to take affect at 7pm last nite due to the border issue
Fines up to $100,000 & 1 year in prison for protestors
Loss of licenses
Vehicles impounded
Etc etc etc
So this weekend should be interesting

To go visit your mom dad child in any heath care facility you need full vaccination or your not getting in
At 1 point you were not allowed in at all regardless of vaccine status
Family members were dying alone in hospitals & then no funerals were allowed
Ridiculous
A co worker needs 3 vaccines to visit her mom at a senior care home
Her mom has had 4 vaccines already
She also needs to wear a mask & be tested for Covid every time see visits her mom
WTF !!!

15 million people in Ontario
We were & are still mandated up the ass with 2000 people in almost 400 Hospitals across the province

I could go on all day
Open up
Time to move on from this BS

PS
FJT

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Hick
The Bridge protest started Monday
Don t blame the protest if your light was ordered 6 weeks ago

That headlight is probably sitting on a boat coming from China

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
And I am sure you are pissed. I have, passed 2 days, found other ways around the DAMN TRUCKERS, to find producers of the product in stock. 1 being American Muscle. I know there are ways to get around the DOT but. To put the front end the way it is put together with all 100 pins. It all has to be taken apart to replace the head light. I have done this once and don't want to do it a 3 rd time. Pain in the ass. The 2 governments should have taken control over this a long time ago,,, or you are going to get radicals' like myself, But. People getting layed off from work cause of this debacle has been going on for too long. People can't pay their heating bills. That wood piss me off to no end. I really don't want to put my car back together to have to take it apart again.
1. Stop running into the rear of others.
2. Several airlines fly from Canada to the USA; put your damn headlight on an airplane and pay for it.
3. The resolution of everything is at least for the apparent leader of Canada to at least listen to the citizens in Canada.
4. Joe fuckin Biden can keep his brain dead ass out of the Canadian business and worry about his own problems, which are multiple right now.
3. I AGREE WITH THE PROTESTS. I WANT MY FREEDOM, I WILL NOT LIVE ON MY KNEES.