Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

UPDATE!! Demon injectors maxes out with 2.85 pulley wth.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I did some logs today and curt has noticed that the wideband on bank 2 is going lean I have a new wideband coming Monday and I did somelogs this morning and on one quick hit it showed kr of 6 and the bank 2 stft% went as high as 32,8 so I put it in 500 mode hit at again everything looks good,,maybe the wide band is going bad or could it be theres an injector issue on bank 2 the injector idc never went past 80 ,also Im not 100 percent sure but I may have found something that's causing the fuel pump duty cycle to max out

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #22
I woke up today and thought that with the weird issue with the stft on bank two id swap the bank 2 injectors to bank 1 to see if maybe the problem would be possible injector but when I went to start the car it was dead ,I must have left the ignition on or something went bought a new battery cause I couldn't get it to jump start (I have the battery on the shop charger to see if its good or bad will know in the morning )
in the process of getting ready to remove the injectors I went to remove the fuel pump relay and the relay wasn't fully seated it was at least tilted half way up on one side (whether or not it is the cause of the fuel pump issue I'm not 100 %sure but I do know it causes a p025a fault when its taken out because I started the car a couple of times to run the fuel out of the rails and it popped up p025a when I finished ) I swapped the injectors and checked for any trash did the swap first few logs afterwards really looked good no stft issue then right before I get home I do a manual 4th -5th wot pull and after the shift the stft goes up again im hoping its the wideband sensor acting up ,,anyone want to chime in on possibly blow by causing the sensor to read wrong but after 4hard pulls I didn't see any and the oil catch can is normal and I cleaned it just incase and its not using any oil I also didn't see any knock retard on any of the pulls today and no sputtering either car ran great and pulled hard as F

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You can swap the widebands from driver to passenger and see if the stft follows the sensor.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I didn't have an open rack at the shop today but I noticed that the part numbers are different from bank 1 to bank 2 so I haven't looked if the harness will work or perhaps you can tell me if it will ,but tomorrow ill have two new ones in so I plan on replacing them either way curt may be right about the wideband acting up four test didn't show any issue before the 5th test im also going to do a couple of pulls in the morning cold to see if the fuel pump maxes out again

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #25
ive looked at all the old logs and apparently this issue has just recently showed up

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #26
ive search everywhere and its seems no one has had this problem

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Driver side is a tick shorter on the harness (3" or so) but if you take it out of the clip on the frame rail they swap no problem. If I ever order some in the future I'll order two passenger side sensors so they're both just the long version.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #28
t
Driver side is a tick shorter on the harness (3" or so) but if you take it out of the clip on the frame rail they swap no problem. If I ever order some in the future I'll order two passenger side sensors so they're both just the long version.
thanks for the input speedy ,i honestly feel its either something weird with the wideband or its a pcm issue ,i cant see how 4 pulls it does just fine and then it acts up swapped injectors no change ,found the relay not fully seated was hpoing that might be it ,but ive looked in the all the old logs and it never has the issue waht ever it is its started recently heres the last log one before was good

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #29
If anyone has ran into the issue I’m dealing with bank 2 leaning out I’d appreciate any ideas on what to look for , I’m changing the bank 2 wideband out tomorrow but I believe it’s reading accurately because when it acts up the sputters , so Incase the wideband doesn’t fix it I need to know where to look next fuel pressure is doing good

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’m just along for the ride with you bud. Keep at it and keep us in the loop and we’ll offer whatever we can!

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #31
good news on the fuel pump issue it is resolved it was either the relay (which I believe was it ) or just a poor connection on either the fpcm or pcm ,either way when I tested it cold this morning it never had an issue
the wideband was acting up consistently ,so I installed new wide band sensors and retested 7 logs it was better then ever then on the 8th pull bank 2 went lean again right at the end of 6th gear pull ,I tried again on a couple of quick hits but it did not act up ,good thing I noticed is it never sputtered at all and no knock retard in any of the logs period ,removed fuel rail injector at the end of the rail and cycled the pump a few times first time I got trash but I had a bone head move. the container was clean but im not so sure about the hose I used ,but I must admit the trash that came out looked very similar to what I found in the fuel pump i replaced, I did a few more logs still no issue I ,anyway I pulled the injector and cycled the pump again and it looked clean ,I did some logs on the way home this evening in 98 degree temps and all the logs look great and it runs like a bat out of hell ,ill log in the am or late tonight when it cools down again and report back ,,I also replaced the fpcm since I already had it

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #32
this should be the final update ,like I said the fuel pump issue was the relay ,but I was still having issues with bank 2 ,I decided to start back tracking what I had did to the car since the last time I tracked it after the last time before I starting using curt@dusterofftuning I changed a couple of things (plugs,and cat deletes ) I looked at the old logs and the fuel trim issue on bank 2 never showed up ,so I knew it was something I must have done ,last night I decided to diagnose the concern and not think about fuel trims ,as I mentioned it would sputter when the problem occurred and curt mentioned it would go rich right before it happened ,I know that some vehicles want log misfires at wide open throttle(never once did a misfire code occur),I pulled the bank 2 coils again and found the coil boots had carbon tracking on them(they had been arcing thru) my dumb ass damaged the coil boots on 6 and 8 (I had used a short prybar to help slip them out ,yes I know bone head move) the driverside was easy so no issue ,so I bought new boots and put the factory plugs back in it(this time no prybar was used ) ..i have logged again and I can tell that the problem is resolved I have sent logs to curt ,the weather has cooled down here and the car performed flawless

I want to thank josh@ high horsepower performance for the awesome deal on the fuel pump ,and curt@dusterofftuning for being patient with me over this PITA
and all the guys that said I needed another tuner ,because had the other tuner logged fuel pressure and fuel pump pwm command we would have seen the fuel pump issue and possibly avoided a lot of the hassle and problems (I created) ,also I can tell you that even when the fuel issue did not show up there was knock retard in the logs with race gas (curts logs look great no knock retard on 93 pump )
I also scoped the cylinders again and the spot on number 6 was just carbon or fuel build up as the cylinders looked great,,,ill know the new track numbers soon

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Excellent news and diagnosis. Happy boosting :)

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #34
My screw up
I marked where the issues were

Attachments

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #35
My thinking is that the reason it acted up more when the cooler air at night or in the morning was because with more boost it required a hotter spark it would run well in hot daylight but the demons came out when the sun went down
Also the boost would be a half pound higher

Last edited:
OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #36
It’s a happy cat now 0108FD90-366B-41A9-8011-658291F1CCE3.jpeg

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #37
My screw up
I marked where the issues were
Curt said logs look good !!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Good job staying after it, glad you got it figured out !
Let us know how it does at the track !

Wish I was going to the track tonight but it's been rained out. :mad:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #40
Good job staying after it, glad you got it figured out !
Let us know how it does at the track !

Wish I was going to the track tonight but it's been rained out. :mad:
My cars ready to eat but will be next Thursday before I let her out of the cage