Welcome to the #1 SRT Forum and SRT community dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

WTB Used Challenger

Trader history for NoCoHC (0)

thetalonguy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
02 Viper GTS - Shopping Challengers
$41k? Damn! I think I must be on the wrong side of the country. High mile cats seem to start at the $45k on the east coast. Hell SRT 392s are in the upper 30s around here.
What websites are you using to search? Was using car gurus for awhile.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
$41k? Damn! I think I must be on the wrong side of the country. High mile cats seem to start at the $45k on the east coast. Hell SRT 392s are in the upper 30s around here.
What websites are you using to search? Was using car gurus for awhile.
I was looking at random sites, like CarGurus, kbb, Edmonds, autotrader, cars.com, Craigslist and CDJR dealer websites.

The inventory changes frequently so you have to frequently look.

If you have specific specs I'd be happy to look up some for you.

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Numerous
Thread Starter #23
This one hits all your specs. Black, manual, under 10k miles, no sunroof and a good price at $43.6k

https://www.dublinchevrolet.com/Veh...nger-2dr_Cpe_SRT_Hellcat-Dublin-CA/3548128223

I know you said no sunroof, but $41k, and hits all your other criteria. Figured I would show it to you.

https://www.vhchryslerplymouth.com/...hallenger-srt-hellcat-plymouth-wi-id-31844466
Thanks for the links. I actually had looked at the first one online. I saw something on the other forum about used black and yellow 16-17 cars from Arizona having the high potential of being former Bondurant Racing School cars :eek: Not to say I wouldn't consider that one,but I'm really looking to see what's out there from private sellers. I search Cars.com regularly for cars within 500 miles of me...

I did come across this one from a local dealer. It's a good price for a loaded low mileage 18. It has a sunroof and is an automatic otherwise I would be going to check it out.

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/littleton-2018-dodge-challenger-srt/7051761228.html

Last edited:

thetalonguy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
I was looking at random sites, like CarGurus, kbb, Edmonds, autotrader, cars.com, Craigslist and CDJR dealer websites.

The inventory changes frequently so you have to frequently look.

If you have specific specs I'd be happy to look up some for you.
Thanks, I definitely appreciate the offer. I'd be a couple of months away from making a purchase. I still need to lock down what I want to do (most indecisive decision I have made for some reason). I was probably 99% set on a manual, but have been recently swayed in the opposite direction. Plus, I've ping ponged between Scat and Cat, as this would be a semi-daily, non-garaged car. My Viper gets the garage and nice weather weekend duties. First world problems :)

But it does sway me when I see good deals out there.

Good luck with your search OP and keep us posted, and I will keep on reading.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks, I definitely appreciate the offer. I'd be a couple of months away from making a purchase. I still need to lock down what I want to do (most indecisive decision I have made for some reason). I was probably 99% set on a manual, but have been recently swayed in the opposite direction. Plus, I've ping ponged between Scat and Cat, as this would be a semi-daily, non-garaged car. My Viper gets the garage and nice weather weekend duties. First world problems :)

But it does sway me when I see good deals out there.

Good luck with your search OP and keep us posted, and I will keep on reading.
Well if I can attempt to sway you back to normalcy, you want a manual for this car. We rented an automatic when we were in Vegas and fell in love with the Challenger Hellcat, but the wife and I looked at each other and said this needs a manual tranny. Now we have a 2016 manual hellcat, it's my wife's daily driver in New England, but we do have a 15 year old Audi Wagon (also manual) to use in the snow and bad weather, and I have my Wrangler LJ.

If you were 99% set on a manual, what changed your mind? Personally, if we wanted an automatic we would have went with a Red Eye, or possibly a Demon, or even a Trackhawk, but automatic and sports car in our minds are not meant to go together.

thetalonguy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well if I can attempt to sway you back to normalcy, you want a manual for this car. We rented an automatic when we were in Vegas and fell in love with the Challenger Hellcat, but the wife and I looked at each other and said this needs a manual tranny. Now we have a 2016 manual hellcat, it's my wife's daily driver in New England, but we do have a 15 year old Audi Wagon (also manual) to use in the snow and bad weather, and I have my Wrangler LJ.

If you were 99% set on a manual, what changed your mind? Personally, if we wanted an automatic we would have went with a Red Eye, or possibly a Demon, or even a Trackhawk, but automatic and sports car in our minds are not meant to go together.
Yea, lol, it does sway me. I'm a manual at heart, true and tried. I looked into autos b/c then my wife could drive it. She's not the type that will want to learn how to drive a manual. Then I started thinking, well maybe it'll be ok since the auto is supposed to be so good in cats and won't mind it as much using it for a semi-DD. I guess I go back to 2006, when I bought a Mazda 6 in automatic as my daily. I thought, well, I have my heavily worked Eagle Talon in manual, so I won't mind driving an automatic. I couldn't stand it! I ended up giving it to my Ex and then went all out and bought a new 07 Mazdaspeed 6, which only came in manual. I love that car and that's what I am finally looking to swap out for a Challenger.

I do have a 17 Ram, obviously auto, which I've been driving most as a DD. It is boring, but don't feel as bad since it's a truck.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yea, lol, it does sway me. I'm a manual at heart, true and tried. I looked into autos b/c then my wife could drive it. She's not the type that will want to learn how to drive a manual. Then I started thinking, well maybe it'll be ok since the auto is supposed to be so good in cats and won't mind it as much using it for a semi-DD. I guess I go back to 2006, when I bought a Mazda 6 in automatic as my daily. I thought, well, I have my heavily worked Eagle Talon in manual, so I won't mind driving an automatic. I couldn't stand it! I ended up giving it to my Ex and then went all out and bought a new 07 Mazdaspeed 6, which only came in manual. I love that car and that's what I am finally looking to swap out for a Challenger.

I do have a 17 Ram, obviously auto, which I've been driving most as a DD. It is boring, but don't feel as bad since it's a truck.
Awesome, puts a smile on my face. To push you a little more, we have a Mercedes E550, 400+ hp, but my wife was like I need a manual, this auto is soooo boring. Enter Hellcat, now super happy wife = super happy life.

The Ram, while not as fun, is a truck, and has different coolness. We had a 2014 Ram 1500, and it was a good truck for sure, great value as well, and minimal depreciation on them.

Those mazda's are fun little cars, quick and sporty.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks for the links. I actually had looked at the first one online. I saw something on the other forum about used black and yellow 16-17 cars from Arizona having the high potential of being former Bondurant Racing School cars :eek: Not to say I wouldn't consider that one,but I'm really looking to see what's out there from private sellers. I search Cars.com regularly for cars within 500 miles of me...

I did come across this one from a local dealer. It's a good price for a loaded low mileage 18. It has a sunroof and is an automatic otherwise I would be going to check it out.

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/littleton-2018-dodge-challenger-srt/7051761228.html
Another one up in Oregon. $45k, 9.5k miles, black, no sunroof. First time I've seen that color interior.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/portland-2015-dodge-challenger-srt/7044246659.html

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Numerous
Thread Starter #29
Another one up in Oregon. $45k, 9.5k miles, black, no sunroof. First time I've seen that color interior.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/portland-2015-dodge-challenger-srt/7044246659.html
Thanks there are actually a couple of things I like about that car especially the Sepia interior. Not sure about the wrap that's a little scary. I emailed the dealer and asked for more info. The price has dropped to 43k which is a pretty decent deal unless there is an issue.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks there are actually a couple of things I like about that car especially the Sepia interior. Not sure about the wrap that's a little scary. I emailed the dealer and asked for more info. The price has dropped to 43k which is a pretty decent deal unless there is an issue.
Make sure there is no "history of violence" or a Check Engine Light.

I guess 43k is good.

Have you checked eBay?

Also, re: the sunroof. Have you tried lowering the seat with the factory controls? I know someone who is your height, and he just dropped the seat as low as it would go, and no problem.

But, it depends on your height from the waist up.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=dodge+challenger+hellcat&LH_BIN=1&_sop=2de

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Numerous
Thread Starter #32
Make sure there is no "history of violence" or a Check Engine Light.

I guess 43k is good.

Have you checked eBay?

Also, re: the sunroof. Have you tried lowering the seat with the factory controls? I know someone who is your height, and he just dropped the seat as low as it would go, and no problem.

But, it depends on your height from the waist up.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=dodge+challenger+hellcat&LH_BIN=1&_sop=2de
I check Ebay cars.com etc regularly. I'm really more interested in seeing some of the private party cars for sale through this thread. I have a long torso and relatively short legs for my height. I've sat in a couple of sunroof cars with the seat all the way down and my head hits. In addition to the lower headroom I really just don't like sunroofs. 43k is pretty low compared to what's out there now.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I check Ebay cars.com etc regularly. I'm really more interested in seeing some of the private party cars for sale through this thread. I have a long torso and relatively short legs for my height. I've sat in a couple of sunroof cars with the seat all the way down and my head hits. In addition to the lower headroom I really just don't like sunroofs. 43k is pretty low compared to what's out there now.
Also, cruise the sites in Canada. You will find prices cheaper than the USA, even after the Canadian Peso conversion.

https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/dodg...wcp=True&sts=New-Used&inMarket=advancedSearch

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
Where is your current price range at?

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Numerous
Thread Starter #35
It really depends on the car. I can buy one of the stripper leftover 19s from Koons for a little over 50 so anything used would need to be less than that. I wouldn't pay more than 44 for a 15-16 and it would have to be super low mileage and close to perfect. There are a lot of dealers trying to sell 16s with 20-30k miles for 46 plus and maybe there is a market for that, but it's not something I'm willing to pay or am even interested in.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
So there's two things wrong with mine, really three, a MY16 with ~4400 on the clock.

It's Billet Silver, I want too much for it, oh, and yeah, it's not for sale, at least not at the moment...

;)

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Numerous
Thread Starter #37
So there's two things wrong with mine, really three, a MY16 with ~4400 on the clock.

It's Billet Silver, I want too much for it, oh, and yeah, it's not for sale, at least not at the moment...

;)
I'm sure it's a really nice example. Didn't that 4400 happen one mile at a time? :eek: I'm actually talking to a guy out of state who has a 15 with under 2k miles...we'll see how much he is willing to move on price.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Hellcat Challenger
This thread reminds me of a story my father-in-law told me. Many years ago my FIL's (Steve) neighbor (John) was in the market for a new car. John was an accountant...very conservative and a deep thinker. He spent all Spring looking for just the right deal on just the right car. Months later he showed up with a brand new Chevette. It was red with a brown interior. He was very proud of it, but Steve took the wind out of his sails when he said something to the effect of "I can't believe after all this you bought a red Chevette with a brown interior.". Fast forward a few weeks and Steve pulled home from work in a white '72 Stingray. John couldn't believe it. He then started peppering Steve with all kinds of questions about why he got it and so on and so forth. Steve's answer was "I was on my way to work and saw it parked on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it, so I bought it on the way home.". Blew John's mind. Steve had that car for 20+ years.

Moral of the story: You don't find the car, the car finds you.

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Numerous
Thread Starter #39
Moral of the story: You don't find the car, the car finds you.
That's true....I think it's a great time to be in the market for a used Hellcat. There is plenty of supply and a lot of guys are looking to upgrade to a Redeye or move on from the platform. Some dealers still think their used 15 with 25k miles is some rare jewel worth 50k, but that's just not reality. I tried moving on myself and decided I really enjoy the cars so want another one. I don't drive it enough though to spend 70k plus on a Redeye and I like the manual cars. I feel confident I'll come across the right car for the right price at some point in the next several months. I enjoy the looking and haggling almost as much as driving them so this part is fun for me.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
I'm sure it's a really nice example. Didn't that 4400 happen one mile at a time? :eek: I'm actually talking to a guy out of state who has a 15 with under 2k miles...we'll see how much he is willing to move on price.

Three weekends over three years it went to the Colorado Mile. So it's been driven to Church mostly, and then to hell some.

It is a Hellcat afterall...