Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Valet Mode = CEL

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I set my Valet Mode for the first time today when I dropped my car off, and got a CEL. Is this normal?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wood be with mine,, but not yours. Weird.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I set my Valet Mode for the first time today when I dropped my car off, and got a CEL. Is this normal?
I set it on my 16, and didn't.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Is it a U Network comm error, or a P sensor error?

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I called the shop and the car does not have a CEL. So I guess it’s a Uconnect issue.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Did this get resolved?

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
It appears there is a problem with Uconnect on my 2015. The car does not show a CEL. Additionally this morning Uconnect said the car was 7546 miles away at a charge station. A charge station, WTF?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It appears there is a problem with Uconnect on my 2015. The car does not show a CEL. Additionally this morning Uconnect said the car was 7546 miles away at a charge station. A charge station, WTF?
You car now identifies as an electric vehicle, you should apply for those gubmnt subsidies before it comes to it's senses !!

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
You car now identifies as an electric vehicle, you should apply for those gubmnt subsidies before it comes to it's senses !!
I called Uconnect and all I can say is, if you have a 2015, 2016 or 2017 don't waste your money on Uconnect. Additionally there are a large group of young script readers out there and all I can say is, you can not fix stupid.:mad:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
In other words, Pin Heads. Get my H/C back tomorrow and see if the 17 codes are still there. I will have the dealer shits clear them out. While I am attempting to get new wheels and tires. Ha///

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I called Uconnect and all I can say is, if you have a 2015, 2016 or 2017 don't waste your money on Uconnect. Additionally there are a large group of young script readers out there and all I can say is, you can not fix stupid.:mad:
They are idiots, never fixed their (very minor) coding error that swapped the IAT & ICC temps on the PP screen. That happened years ago as part of their 'fix' for some other broken shit. They had no intention of ever sending out a correction inspite of much bitching.

Hate like hell to admit it, but Ford's Sync is much more reliable and is an all around better bit of software - Uconnect is trash IMO.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Why they even have this program in use,,,, if you want to call it that. It was never set up, performed to, and or backed by the head hunters . To begin with. Never was. I got all my info and cooperate help thru a dealer ship in Seminole, Fl. The cooperate rep came down and was great help for 3 different times the engine needed assistance. Between the dealership and the agent from up north worked out great. Fuc-- non connect has been a joke since I spoke to them 4 years ago. Hopefully find a good dealer,,,, close.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
They are idiots, never fixed their (very minor) coding error that swapped the IAT & ICC temps on the PP screen. That happened years ago as part of their 'fix' for some other broken shit. They had no intention of ever sending out a correction inspite of much bitching.

Hate like hell to admit it, but Ford's Sync is much more reliable and is an all around better bit of software - Uconnect is trash IMO.
The MoPar Gods will not be happy with you my friend.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!

I got tired of the OTA screw ups, so I blocked my cell. Zero issues, since then. Nav and cell are on different nodes and different antennas, so no nav issues.

OP, you might want to see if there are any updates available. I think the latest is version 18.45.01. Check yours, in the radio.

If yours is lower, you need the update. It fixes the nav location error.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Damn cars are only as good as the people that program them.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
I got tired of the OTA screw ups, so I blocked my cell. Zero issues, since then. Nav and cell are on different nodes and different antennas, so no nav issues.

OP, you might want to see if there are any updates available. I think the latest is version 18.45.01. Check yours, in the radio.

If yours is lower, you need the update. It fixes the nav location error.
We are at 18.45.01 but thanks for asking.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am at 12 feet above the water. That is 11 feet too close. When it rains I have water front property on the golf course. My otta town home is 10 feet above. It sits on a constant body of water called Old Bayou in Penis County Fl. Federal restricted with no moe building on a 2,500 square miles of fishin and huntin. Except the DOE polluted it back in the 80s and 90s. Now the blue crabs are already cooked before you get off the bridge. Bastards. Didn't even clean up their radiated site before leaving. Super waste site now for 30 years. Not coming back to clean their shit up. Closed down the largest Flea market in Fl for 40 years. Can't build a damn thing there now. Great Bayou restaurant in 4 counties. Closed wiped out. Thanks DC. Great job. Pisses me off and I did contracting work at that deadly plant. Only person in the company that could get a clean record to get in. Still pissed.