Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Water to air chiller missing

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sheboygan
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
My Redeye don't have the small driver side lower grill chiller like my hellcat did?
And there is a rag/cloth laying in the bottom of the area where it's supposed to go viewed from the tire side screen.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bixby
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
My Redeye don't have the small driver side lower grill chiller like my hellcat did?
And there is a rag/cloth laying in the bottom of the area where it's supposed to go viewed from the tire side screen.
Had the same concern when I got my Redeye. From what I’ve been told. It’s lacking the additional heat exchanger/cooler because it has the A/C Freon cooling, or factory Killer Chiller arrangement. So, it doesn’t need that extra heat exchanger. Mine also has that cloth at the bottom as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
The cloth is to catch any condensation that drips from the factory chiller setup when it gets cold.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Constantly damp cloth----sounds like corrosion city in a few years.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
The sanitary napkin.
Will dry on the next pass at the dragstrip.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Had the same concern when I got my Redeye. From what I’ve been told. It’s lacking the additional heat exchanger/cooler because it has the A/C Freon cooling, or factory Killer Chiller arrangement. So, it doesn’t need that extra heat exchanger. Mine also has that cloth at the bottom as well.

I never knew the RE's didn't have that heat exchanger!! I've learned something new today! I wonder why they didn't have one that helps during normal non-track mode driving, and just bypasses it in chiller (track) mode?

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I never knew the RE's didn't have that heat exchanger!! I've learned something new today! I wonder why they didn't have one that helps during normal non-track mode driving, and just bypasses it in chiller (track) mode?
I imagine the number one reason is that it minimizes the number changes needed for fitment if they put the factory chiller in place of where the aux heat exchanger would have been. In fact, that’s pretty what they did.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bixby
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Wait. Let’s be clear about this. All Hellcats and Redeyes have one larger heat exchanger, in front of the radiator. However hellcats have an additional/extra smaller heat exchanger as well. That smaller exchanger is what’s removed from Redeyes. Not the larger main unit. So, yes. We all have a heat exchanger for everyday, day-to-day use.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
If you didn't you would know it Just hope you don't start seeing green/// Two different metals with out a dielectric union means trouble//