Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

We Still Suck.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

If only there was a way to turn off their voices and just listen to the cars. Goes to show you that being a "pro" hot shoe race car driver does not make you a capable drag racer.

That F8 green in the direct sunlight is a treat to look at.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My god these guys can't drive. A 300lbs journalist first time out went 10.8 these guys are having trouble getting under 12 WOW

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Nice!, this why I purchased my Redeye Widebody.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
12 seconds in a Redeye? Are you serious? My M6 Hellcat does a lot better than that with almost a hundred less HP...
(And me behind the wheel)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
No mention of using one of its benefits and biggest innovations; the chiller circuit and the post race cool down feature, IN PHOENIX...

No mention of any of the race modes being selected...

The guy decides to manually shift and bangs the rev limiter by his own admission...

Then, uses Launch Control that we all know SUCKS...

Tops it off by launching the third time in second, continues to think he is smarter and faster than the computer and continues with the manual shifts...

The guy never drives it to the point to be concerned about our largest OEM nemesis; traction, he just wants a good burn-out in the box...

Predictable crappy acceleration times!

Seems nearly intentional. Let's do this, but let's not even think of doing anything to make this look competitive? I don't get it Johnny and crew. What are they afraid of, the much lessor cost Dodge beat the Ferrari, and the boys over in Italy would be butt hurt?

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My god these guys can't drive. A 300lbs journalist first time out went 10.8 these guys are having trouble getting under 12 WOW
It’s the video game generation. Never a substitute for real world driving experience.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
No mention of using one of its benefits and biggest innovations; the chiller circuit and the post race cool down feature, IN PHOENIX...

No mention of any of the race modes being selected...

The guy decides to manually shift and bangs the rev limiter by his own admission...

Then, uses Launch Control that we all know SUCKS...

Tops it off by launching the third time in second, continues to think he is smarter and faster than the computer and continues with the manual shifts...

The guy never drives it to the point to be concerned about our largest OEM nemesis; traction, he just wants a good burn-out in the box...

Predictable crappy acceleration times!

Seems nearly intentional. Let's do this, but let's not even think of doing anything to make this look competitive? I don't get it Johnny and crew. What are they afraid of, the much lessor cost Dodge beat the Ferrari, and the boys over in Italy would be butt hurt?
Funny....I didn't even bother to watch the whole thing as soon as I saw it was these two doing the comparison. After watching the previous video where they were comparing the HC to the ZL1, I knew exactly what they'd do without even watching it. They jump in, pound the gas pedal to the floor boards and burn the tires off. Then maybe some drifting....

Hard to believe car companies let these guys get behind the wheel of any type of car with a little power....to me, its akin to letting a 15 year old kid drive the car and beat the crap out of it. They have no concept of how to feather or roll slowly into the throttle to maintain some kind of traction. These guys need to test cars with a bit less power....maybe test a Hyundai Veloster against a Nissan Juke or something....

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Funny....I didn't even bother to watch the whole thing as soon as I saw it was these two doing the comparison. After watching the previous video where they were comparing the HC to the ZL1, I knew exactly what they'd do without even watching it. They jump in, pound the gas pedal to the floor boards and burn the tires off. Then maybe some drifting....

Hard to believe car companies let these guys get behind the wheel of any type of car with a little power....to me, its akin to letting a 15 year old kid drive the car and beat the crap out of it. They have no concept of how to feather or roll slowly into the throttle to maintain some kind of traction. These guys need to test cars with a bit less power....maybe test a Hyundai Veloster against a Nissan Juke or something....
Yep, the more power the worse some of them are. Not all. I have the time right now to watch about everything and then some. Recovering for a few days over the holidays from a minor procedure and enjoying myself. I watched the other one also. They were about as inept. It is fun reading about you folks who know how to drive them on the Forum here and the times you all are getting. After the first of the year I'll have the suspension and equipment upgrades done for the road course, I'll reserve my track comments on the REWB until then.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I don’t think we suck at all
I’d ripped that Ferrari a new asshole 😂

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #10
I don’t think we suck at all
I’d ripped that Ferrari a new asshole 😂
I was being sarcastic... I think.

We know these cars have amazing potential in the right hands.