Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow beyond wow nothing I mean nothing.......no news on the next baddest ass car coming!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
You just have to believe Dodge out did itself with the Hellcat reveal now 7 Summers ago. I mean holly crap Dodge is still living off the Hellcat excitement and yeh prove me wrong uh huh just look at the value of your used Hellcat. That says it all being they have incredible value and new ones are still hottest items in the market. So you have to ask yourself does Dodge even have the guts to reveal the replacement? I can only imagine the likes of Tim in the background is saying damn how do we produce something bigger and badder than the Hellcat to our loyal base. This is a story like finding the ultimate answer to so many enthusiasts that can’t be replaced without failing. And yeh just like the title says WOW can’t even imagine how they will outdo the ICE days of the possible baddest ass production car ever😁

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You just have to believe Dodge out did itself with the Hellcat reveal now 7 Summers ago. I mean holly crap Dodge is still living off the Hellcat excitement and yeh prove me wrong uh huh just look at the value of your used Hellcat. That says it all being they have incredible value and new ones are still hottest items in the market. So you have to ask yourself does Dodge even have the guts to reveal the replacement? I can only imagine the likes of Tim in the background is saying damn how do we produce something bigger and badder than the Hellcat to our loyal base. This is a story like finding the ultimate answer to so many enthusiasts that can’t be replaced without failing. And yeh just like the title says WOW can’t even imagine how they will outdo the ICE days of the possible baddest ass production car ever😁
Ya gotta wonder how loud the HC voices are in the new corporation. If they are heard, the next thing could be wild, i agree.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Buy up stock in wheelie bars:p

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I dunno. Having to discount them so heavily doesn't bode well for a new more expensive version. The power bucks thing was the tell imo. Only so many that will fork over cash for 800hp cars. I'm still holding on that they put the Hellephant in these before calling it quits.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I dunno. Having to discount them so heavily doesn't bode well for a new more expensive version. The power bucks thing was the tell imo. Only so many that will fork over cash for 800hp cars. I'm still holding on that they put the Hellephant in these before calling it quits.
There's a couple levels to that though, the profit margins no doubt increased year after year of building essentially the same car, so they could slightly increase MSRP and then knock more off to make it appear like the deal was better, plus they were getting all those nice trade ins from people trading up which we all know dealers love and can make more profit on than they can new cars in a lot of cases. So I don't know if the power dollars even hurt them at all. The Hellephant thing though, yeah that would be something!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
All I gotta say is that guy that designed the charger for the 2015+ model year should be hired to do the redesign.. I’ve been seeing some sketches/designs online of what a revision may look like.. any of this sh*t where they impregnate a dodge with Alfa Romeo fascia is total Garbo. Imo what they should do is just focus on updating the architecture to like that of current AMG cars and maybe slim them down in the weight department. Especially the challenger.. I think it’d be sweet if they could get the challenger down to around 4000-4200 pounds. Shave a little weight off. Unfortunately they won’t be putting gen 3 Hemi Mills most likely in them though. I find it hard to believe they’ll go the turbo route either because of packaging. It’ll be interesting to see. Hey if they botch the revisions it’ll just made our cats more valuable and desirable.. but I also think that notion is inevitable since we are living the dying days of the gasoline age

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Honestly, I would wonder if in the first model year of a new platform, would they bring out the big guns?

Without big burly V8's, they're going to have to rethink the Musclehood marketing strategy.

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
They could develop a retro Charger based on the '68-'74!

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Yeah but
They could development a retro Charger based on the '68-'74!
Yeah but nothing later than 70. From 71 on they got butt ugly.

Attachments

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
When I was young I thought so too, but as I've aged my opinion on them has improved. I even bought a 18:1 scale model of a '71 a few years ago and I really like it. It has a sleek and swoopy look like nothing else.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
When I was young I thought so too, but as I've aged my opinion on them has improved. I even bought a 18:1 scale model of a '71 a few years ago and I really like it. It has a sleek and swoopy look like nothing else.
My love for the 68, 69 and 70 runs deep. My wife is going to buy me a 69 this year as a retirement gift.
My love even extends into my 1:18 scale diecast.
82A9AE01-4C79-478C-A678-BF27997FC15B.jpeg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think the limit was hit with the Demon.
But many rumors that the ZR1 C8 is going to be a twin turbo 32V 5.5L V8 making over 850hp! The king of ICE. But its not here and only in theory.

Look at what the 4xe Wrangler can do. 470lbs-ft torque from a turbo 4 cylinder in a 5000lbs SUV designed to go off road and not fast. 0-60 in mid 5s I think I have seen.

Now, add that tech to a Hellcat.
50-60-70mpg on electric but an additional 200hp via electric motors. I think 1000hp Challenger is coming and it will have the Demon tricks like trans brake etc.
FCA supposedly put in a huge order for these hybrid ZF transmissions awhile ago. But to keep up the lucrative big muscle V8/HP wars etc, it has to come via hybrid technology to get them "clean enough" to keep selling.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think the limit was hit with the Demon.
But many rumors that the ZR1 C8 is going to be a twin turbo 32V 5.5L V8 making over 850hp! The king of ICE. But its not here and only in theory.

Look at what the 4xe Wrangler can do. 470lbs-ft torque from a turbo 4 cylinder in a 5000lbs SUV designed to go off road and not fast. 0-60 in mid 5s I think I have seen.

Now, add that tech to a Hellcat.
50-60-70mpg on electric but an additional 200hp via electric motors. I think 1000hp Challenger is coming and it will have the Demon tricks like trans brake etc.
FCA supposedly put in a huge order for these hybrid ZF transmissions awhile ago. But to keep up the lucrative big muscle V8/HP wars etc, it has to come via hybrid technology to get them "clean enough" to keep selling.
How many c8 ZR1s are they going to make though at probably 150k base price.. I don’t know if anyone’s checked recently but lightly used C7 ZR1s are in the 140-150k range

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
When they sold me mine at 0% in 2017 the agreed buy out was $43,000. Not all that great. What got HC values up, in my opinion, is the chip debacle. But when I could sell for over 10,000 above that value, I did it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
They could development a retro Charger based on the '68-'74!
Not possible, Jimmy would lose his mind if the 4 door charger went away.

And they would lose 4 door sales and cannabalize challenger sales - I don't see that as getting through corporate product development teams.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
this is where we'll be heading ... this thing is insane! ...

862.JPG

(fast forwarded to to best spot)

Attachments

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
How many c8 ZR1s are they going to make though at probably 150k base price.. I don’t know if anyone’s checked recently but lightly used C7 ZR1s are in the 140-150k range
They sold all 2,000 ZR1s in 2019 without a hint of it being limited edition or 1 year only.

Probably better because it kept the dealers from tacking on huge ADM's. (those came at the end once they realized it was dead).

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They sold all 2,000 ZR1s in 2019 without a hint of it being limited edition or 1 year only.

Probably better because it kept the dealers from tacking on huge ADM's. (those came at the end once they realized it was dead).
There cool cars for sure, I think the c6 ZR1 are a great deal now I was looking at this one.. https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1G1YR26R895800919

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
All I gotta say is that guy that designed the charger for the 2015+ model year should be hired to run the taxi union..
There, I fixed it for you.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My love for the 68, 69 and 70 runs deep. My wife is going to buy me a 69 this year as a retirement gift.
My love even extends into my 1:18 scale diecast.
View attachment 45919
Memorial Day car cruise...a guy rolled up with a triple black 69 RT/SE Charger with a 440...absolutely stunning...couldn't take my eyes off it..it had those same wheels that your silver model has...