Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

WOW the $5 gas is really here to stay it looks like......😳

Will the barrel of oil continue to stay high?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Yes but only short term

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No its greed and will collapse sooner than later

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I own an Electric vehicle and don't care😁

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I ride a Bicycle and don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I walk most of the time now

• I siphon Gas out of my next door neighbors RV he never uses and Boat

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I stand on the corner now begging for gas money

• Total voters

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn I thought for sure after the Ukraine crap got going the reality to the Oil Markets would calm down. But for the moment this could be an ongoing challenge and it will have economic impacts on our economy. Vote on what you think happens this year and do not make it a political thread being I want to hear what people think will play out being the Oil Companies are making more money than they have in many many years.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Gas backed down this week from $4.29 to $3.93 here in Central Florida for regular

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
It's Price gouging and CC I think you need to buy a gas Station!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
$4 gas in 2008 was actually more then now if you think of inflation. I still think people lost their minds thinking it is the end of the world. I post memes about it cause they are funny:LOL:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Looks to me that for now the peak was a $3.68 close on Mar 7.

9EE7421A-6E0F-448E-B221-64BD5B112789.png

The “Ukraine crap” continues in a serious way. So any questions about what happens next is difficult to determine, right? IMO the leaders of the world have a lot to do right now, and they better get it right.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
A good friend owns two, and is doing incredible well! He is the help I have to get some MS109 at a real decent price.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Supply Demand curves will keep things in check over the long haul.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Gas backed down this week from $4.29 to $3.93 here in Central Florida for regular
Apparently they didn’t get the message in Michigan. They’ve remained around $4.30 a gal

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Actually it’s not price gouging being it’s market driven by the commodity markets. And I am in the industry most of my life. Gas station dealers do not control the pricing the actual Fuel Suppliers and Distribution does. To the point if the Distributor sets the gas price at say $3.00 and the station owner says I’m making it $3.25 the Distributor than just adds and or even takes the .25 cents per gallon sold from them. Meaning they’re charge them the next shipment .25 cents more or just takes it out of their checking account. It’s called Zone Pricing which has been around for the last 30 years plus.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Few people, if any, ever got rich owing a single gas station. You need multiple stations to achieve the volume of sales to make much money; that's why almost all stations these days are convenience stores that sell gas; not gas stations selling snacks.

It started to flip in the late 90's; store sales exceeding gas sales. Was a fascinating experience watching a Major Label struggle to compete against WaWa and Sheetz...and lose.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Gas will remain expensive until Brandon finally kicks the bucket.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Actually it’s not price gouging being it’s market driven by the commodity markets. And I am in the industry most of my life. Gas station dealers do not control the pricing the actual Fuel Suppliers and Distribution does. To the point if the Distributor sets the gas price at say $3.00 and the station owner says I’m making it $3.25 the Distributor than just adds and or even takes the .25 cents per gallon sold from them. Meaning they’re charge them the next shipment .25 cents more or just takes it out of their checking account. It’s called Zone Pricing which has been around for the last 30 years plus.
??I could not understand that. Can you explain it a little differently?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
??I could not understand that. Can you explain it a little differently?
I agree, there are a number of Shell stations around town and their prices all differ ?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Sounds like Girl Scout Cookie sales

I will not believe there is not price gouging and it's on EVERYTHING.
Especially when the prices all go up and down together and then you see the guy that who is selling Diesel for 6.49 a gallon but others are at 5.49 and some others lower.

I always love the surcharges for fuel on shipments that never go away when fuel is lower.
BUT Biden ruined EVERYTHING the first day in office all with the swipe of a pen to everyone's heart!

Fuel is Power and he gave the USA Power away! There will be more wars and that is what he wants. The military work is ramping up preparing for it all to happen. And do you think it's Electric that runs our Military........Hell No!

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
How much are Girl Scout cookies now?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
How much are Girl Scout cookies now?
$5 a box. Teresa bought 12 boxes from the grand daughter

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
$5 a box. Teresa bought 12 boxes from the grand daughter
Looks like up $1.00 from the last ones we bought?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Gave 3 away and down to less the 4 :LOL:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Gave 3 away and down to less the 4 :LOL:
You’re going to need to put a few more miles per day on your bike!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Thanks everyone for not getting too political and truly having some great info and responses. I worked in the oil industry and still do but more on the end user Gas Stations side. There are a lot of variables that play into the Oil Markets and for the record no one is complaining on the oil side😁. And yes for sure the world Markets are controlling us more than ever and like many things hopefully the realistic markets return sooner than later. I feel the Media drives the narrative some tines too radical. Meaning we had the lowest price fuel in a decade or more and Negative I mean -$30 Barrel oil during the pandemic. No one complained about not having to commute anymore and buy gas during the pandemic. Many Gas Station owners went broke unbeknownst to most. And so many saved thousands of dollars on transportation expenses sitting at home teleworking and or even not working being paid to sit home. But yet now the economy is back with the work force having to drive again and there is a lot Of angry people on the road more than ever before. And for the record homes and cars have skyrocketed in prices as well as many other things in the last 20 plus years. But yet the price of fuel has been up and down as well which if you took inflation on the price of fuel back in 2000 to today it would probably be close to $4.00 a gallon, But the Media always has an agenda which just pisses people off and makes it a one sided story. I do not want to pay anymore than anyone else here but hell at the same time how much was a decked out SUV 20 years ago like say a 4Runner or Jeep and or a Truck?????? Then add how much was the minimum wage and rent……etc. Plus add on how there are more options than ever before to drive fuel efficient vehicles. Yeh YEH not a oil company owner here but at the same time its incredible how people will pay huge
monies for other things and continue to gripe about the Fuel Prices that aggregate so many but at the same time gives us so much joy to drive the Ice Age vehicles we love.😎