Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow the times of change are truly upon us……Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Rvs😱

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
My oh my and yeh this is a NEGATIVE posting of whats about to happen in front of your eyes😳. We are at a turning point we haven‘t seen since 2007. Yes I said 2007 and if anyone remembers that was the year of change. Yes the change began in the Housing Market which was so over inflated it was crazy. Yes the car market was at its highest sales ever seen. Yes the Boat Market and RV market at its highest ever seen. Gas prices out of sight and analysts said the high priced fuel would not have an impact on the economy😱. Wow I mean WOW is anyone paying attention to what has happened in the last year plus. Car sales thru the ROOF, Motorcycle sales thru the ROOF, Boat sales thru the ROOF, RV sales thru the ROOF. Housing prices thru the ROOF and supply shortages on everything mentioned and people lined up to buy any of the said mentioned for whatever prices they can afford no matter the reality to the overpriced products. And yes the pandemic for sure has created all of this which is just crazy times due to so much shortages of materials, production and labor. Yes there is a lot of variables driving the inflation we are seeing but at some point when does it reverse🤔.

I have personal relationships with many of the mentioned products and can honestly tell you what I am seeing and being told by the people in the businesses. New Car Dealers are struggling for new inventory and are now telling me they are at 1/3 the sales of what they usually are. I can attest to one of my favorite dealers took my car in trade recently and its a month Later and they have not paid off my car loan🤔. I have called numerous times and its the same story we will pay it off. Ok 15 car purchases later and this has never been an issue. Cash flow is always key ot paying the bills. But when your doing 2/3 less sales and same overhead how does that all work out. Motorcycle dealers are now seeing a huge influx of freshly barely ridden motorcycles they personally sold or just have purchased. And one of my motorcycle dealers does not want anymore used bikes due to management saying so. I have a boat in FL and know the GM personally and he is telling me the Marina is dead and boaters are not boating due to the rise in fuel prices at the marina are now $5 a gallon. And honestly this past summer before the rise in gas prices the water ways were very quiet even though every boat dealer was selling boats like crazy. Boat dealers do not have much new inventory or any and are relying on used boats to sell boats. But even that seems to be cooking as well since many are seeing Inflation not stop. RV sales are still hot but at the same time we all know expensive fuel will give hesitation to a purchase for the immediate moment. The housing market is getting a wake up call by then banks. People are bidding on homes and paying more than the market value. But now the banks are not loaning the higher prices the bidders are paying. So in essence the person that agrees to pay say 25-50K more than the asking price has to put down that additional money in order to qualify for the bank loan. The banks are not advancing the so called bidders and sellers higher Prices. Which in turn means the so called value of your home being worth more the banks are not supporting. The cash out of homes is happening again and people are gambling on just what I mentioned their house is worth more and will not be a problem to sell down the road to pay off the cash out. WOW anyone remembers that fiasco in 2008-2010😱. Uh huh the price for fuel over time is eating into everyone’s extra cash and all the essentials for living as well. We all know when times get tough the first thing you do is get rid of the toys…..extra cars, motorcycles, Boats, RV‘s. And then if money gets to tight its time to sell the house and get out of debt as so many decide the same thing many homes are now o the market. The saturated market kills the value to those who maximized the Cash out and now are upside down and cant pay the debt. Which in turn they walk away and we all know that story as well. I predicted last year 3rd -4th quarter 2021 we would start seeing the pandemic related problems and change of powers to be running the country. I believe 1st-2nd quarter 2022 the true picture is going to begin to show how this overinflated economy is on the BUST again and hard times ahead. Cash will be king and the dime a dozen cars, motorcycles, boats, RV’s will be the norm.

Summing it up be prepared to some hardships around us and I HOPE I AM SO WRONG being I wish no Hardships on anyone and I have gone thru incredible hardships. But WOW it will be close to 15 years since the last down turn and nothing lasts forever and the INFLATION we are seeing is insane and I didn’t even talk about the adjustment on Interest rates coming next year.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I hate it when I have to repossess a car from my dealership...

:unsure:

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
may have to start looking at getting out of the market, it jumped up the last couple of days but the dive could be just around the corner. the mid term election cycle will be telling