Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

You can have these new cars, I like my loud nasty you can hear it car

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Renting a GMC Terrain ~ Chevy Traverse. First you had to figure out the transmission is controlled with button things you need to pull. I mean not a bad car, but this auto stop bullshit is bullshit! Drove it to lunch with another guy. When we got out etc. I pressed the lock button on the fob in my pocket, it beeped at us, I said that is strange, it has not yelled at me yet (had it since last night). Had lunch and when we got in and started it, etc. it yells again (horn honks- which is some other bullshit my Hellcat won't ever do to me either). After we drove it back to our office here, shut it off and got out. No yelling.

"Things that make you go hum?"

Damn! Probably forgot to press the off button before we went in for lunch, because it sits completely silent? Not for me, I want my loud obnoxious, nasty sounding obviously a motorcar that is running for my use. Besides that, it is a complete pig especially at Salt Lake City elevation.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Totally agree, but to pick nits, the Terrain is the GMC equivalent to the Chevy Equinox. Acadia is GMC’s Traverse.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Oh, ok. Not too familiar with them. Our company owns a bunch of the Equinox models, thanks, I should know.

It seems like a nice unit, but they can keep those features, it turns me way off.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
My new cat is noisier than F**K!!
The neighbors said it was rattling the windows when I went past.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Oh, ok. Not too familiar with them. Our company owns a bunch of the Equinox models, thanks, I should know.

It seems like a nice unit, but they can keep those features, it turns me way off.
Yep. Equinox/Terrains = bottom of the barrel entry level crap. Traverse/Acadia is next level up crap.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I love my motor music - they can keep their boring, quiet cars.

That start/stop is a real PITA. 1st time I encountered it on a car was a loner F-150 I got during my Mustang lemon law saga.
No one mentioned it was on that truck (which only had a few hundred miles on it). Was in Tampa during rush hour, got to a light & the damn thing shuttered & stopped. My wife asked - did this thing just stall out ? I was like WTF, brand new & it stalls in traffic 2 blocks from the dealer - FRACK !! Started it, got on the freeway & then it did it again waiting at the exit ramp near home. 3rd time it dawned on me - this has the stupid start/stop crap. Sure enough, there was an innocuous button that turned it off (had to be pressed @ every start). VERY annoying, would be enough to keep me from buying the vehicle.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
It’s a standard feature on our Grand Cherokee. You can press a button to turn it off as soon as you start up the car and I do, every time I get in, but the start stop is a default setting that can’t be turned off permanently. I do not see how it is economical?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
What a PIA. Are the new 5.7's that way now also?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I don’t know? Ours is a 2018 TrailHawk with the 3.6

Last edited:
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Just wondering if I need to keep my '18 forever.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s a standard feature on our Grand Cherokee. You can press a button to turn it off as soon as you start up the car and I do, every time I get in, but the start stop is a default setting that can’t be turned off permanently. I do not see how it is economical?
I don't see how it saves much either + there is the added wear & tear on the starter, fuel pump & injectors, battery - net is more useless, 'feel good' eco crap !

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Piece of crap from the farmhouse of the EPA and their gov brothers. The last thing that burned my ass was the 1 to 3 rd shft on my last vette. Now after 8,000 miles the cat is doing the same thing. I knowit is for to make the MPGmeet energy code but why in the Hell achiest time is this car doing it now??? No stupid lights come on,, want shift till you hit the certain rpm. Me and the car have to have meow time tomorrow.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Piece of crap from the farmhouse of the EPA and their gov brothers. The last thing that burned my ass was the 1 to 3 rd shft on my last vette. Now after 8,000 miles the cat is doing the same thing. I knowit is for to make the MPGmeet energy code but why in the Hell achiest time is this car doing it now??? No stupid lights come on,, want shift till you hit the certain rpm. Me and the car have to have meow time tomorrow.
I believe there is a transmission TSB that calls for a TCM reflash, to fix that issue.

Either buy a 24 hour access, to Techauthority.com, to find it, or visit your dealer.

Bob
Riverside, California

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My new cat is noisier than F**K!!
The neighbors said it was rattling the windows when I went past.
sounds like they could use some new windows

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Scene: Quiet Sunday morning

Cold start the cat to take her out of the garage. Scared the ever living shit out of one of my nosy elderly neighbors while she was talking to those Jehovah's witness folks. All 5 jumped then proceeded to stare me down.

Coffee in hand, just a smile and a wave. The look they gave brings me more joy than any eco/electric car can ever give.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I gotta admit half the reason I bought both my HC Charger and GT350 is how obnoxious they sound. 😂