Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another one for Jon Moored

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
At this point, I'm probably not telling anyone on here anything they don't already know but Jon is such a fine tuner that I feel compelled to say something.

I came to Jon after frustration around the Dodge Direct Connect packages. The shitshow of a rollout, the higher than originally quoted cost, the lack of support I'm now seeing for those with problems...I ended up saying forget it. This meant my only option was to take a walk on the dark side and (probably) void my powertrain warranty. After setting a personal best ET of 10.5 in about 200ft DA this spring with my stock car and knowing I'd probably never see that time again but still wanting more, I contacted Jon about his performance packages. Given the overwhelmingly positive sentiment, his knowledge sharing posts around here and his own personal 8 second car, I didn't bother looking anywhere else. Another member who Jon has tuned for also vouched for him with a resounding thumbs up.

We started via PM, then moved to text. Even had a phone call. It was special, a whirlwind relationship, even. Before I knew it, I had a stage 2 performance pack from Jon ordered and on its way. I had the pulley and injectors installed locally at a shop that also exceeded my expectations and probably deserve their own shoutout for a great experience. Jon was able to accommodate the timing of the install and had the base file ready for me to load at the garage. Jon is a very iterative tuner which I appreciate and had me do a quick idle log for him before I got it on the road to make sure everything checked out. He reviewed the log in real time and gave me the thumbs up to drive it home, again logging it and with no WOT throttle allowed.

The drive home was uneventful, which is all that I could have hoped for at this point. Jon then quickly reviewed the log I had created on the way home and had another file to me the same day. I loaded this file and was instructed this time to give him a quick 5500 RPM hit for a fuel check. He also reviewed this almost in real time and had yet another file for me in short order, this time instructing me to give him a WOT pull.

"Ho-Lee-Fuk" was my only reaction. I don't really remember, I was too busy white knuckling the steering wheel as my car rung out gears like I've never heard before and shifted harder than I had ever felt before. "that's the base tune" Jon told me "It will pull harder yet." All I can remember is thinking "this guy is a maniac, there's no way it gets faster."

Well, Jon sent me another revision in short order, this time actually adding timing and I'll never forget the first WOT. Viper vibes is really the only way I can put it where the car feels like it's out to kill you. It truly was a next order of power I didn't think I'd feel with just a pulley and a tune. It's so obvious that even non gear head passengers can tell something is very very different about my car now. I had to go out and buy Nitto's for the rear because the Pirellis were giving me burnouts at highway speed, I kid you not.

In an effort to wrap up this novel and bring it home, I'll just tell you that the rest is history. Jon and I spent several more revisions working out little kinks and personal preferences related to throttle tip in, etc and it's since been perfected. Jon identified a small amount of knock on one of my logs taken on a very hot day and told me that even though it's probably "false knock" lets play it safe and pull a degree of timing and he sent me a revision quickly which I appreciated as I'm looking for a reliable tune. Without a doubt, my car now runs better than it did when it was stock, more akin to a finely tuned Rolex at wide open throttle. The character and drivability of the car has been entirely retained while adding another massive level of power at WOT that still leaves me laughing after a good pull.

Jon and I are now working on an octane booster tune for the track. I was able to set a new PB of 10.2 @131 MPH two weeks ago in 2700 ft DA, beating my previous PB of 10.5 and doing it in god awful air, cementing the fact that this is an easy 9's car in better air. That's what I told Jon I wanted and that's exactly what I got. Jon is so responsive that he was actually able to take a look at a log, identify an issue that cost me about a 10th on that run and sent me a revised tune while I was still at the track. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the car to hookup again that night so I wasn't able to get that 10.1 or 10 flat that I'm sure I could have. I know I'll get that 9 second pass before the season is out.

In summary, Jon has been excellent to work with. He is highly available, even spontaneously as with the track night I mentioned above. He is absolutely and unequivocally an expert hemi and hellcat tuner and knows how to get these things moving with both engine and trans tuning. His work has transformed my hellcat from a beast to an apex predator and I am very grateful for his service. He is a busy guy and a family man but his dedication to my tuning project as if I'm his only client has been incredibly impressive.

Cheers Jon and thank you for a job well done.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
At this point, I'm probably not telling anyone on here anything they don't already know but Jon is such a fine tuner that I feel compelled to say something.

I came to Jon after frustration around the Dodge Direct Connect packages. The shitshow of a rollout, the higher than originally quoted cost, the lack of support I'm now seeing for those with problems...I ended up saying forget it. This meant my only option was to take a walk on the dark side and (probably) void my powertrain warranty. After setting a personal best ET of 10.5 in about 200ft DA this spring with my stock car and knowing I'd probably never see that time again but still wanting more, I contacted Jon about his performance packages. Given the overwhelmingly positive sentiment, his knowledge sharing posts around here and his own personal 8 second car, I didn't bother looking anywhere else. Another member who Jon has tuned for also vouched for him with a resounding thumbs up.

We started via PM, then moved to text. Even had a phone call. It was special, a whirlwind relationship, even. Before I knew it, I had a stage 2 performance pack from Jon ordered and on its way. I had the pulley and injectors installed locally at a shop that also exceeded my expectations and probably deserve their own shoutout for a great experience. Jon was able to accommodate the timing of the install and had the base file ready for me to load at the garage. Jon is a very iterative tuner which I appreciate and had me do a quick idle log for him before I got it on the road to make sure everything checked out. He reviewed the log in real time and gave me the thumbs up to drive it home, again logging it and with no WOT throttle allowed.

The drive home was uneventful, which is all that I could have hoped for at this point. Jon then quickly reviewed the log I had created on the way home and had another file to me the same day. I loaded this file and was instructed this time to give him a quick 5500 RPM hit for a fuel check. He also reviewed this almost in real time and had yet another file for me in short order, this time instructing me to give him a WOT pull.

"Ho-Lee-Fuk" was my only reaction. I don't really remember, I was too busy white knuckling the steering wheel as my car rung out gears like I've never heard before and shifted harder than I had ever felt before. "that's the base tune" Jon told me "It will pull harder yet." All I can remember is thinking "this guy is a maniac, there's no way it gets faster."

Well, Jon sent me another revision in short order, this time actually adding timing and I'll never forget the first WOT. Viper vibes is really the only way I can put it where the car feels like it's out to kill you. It truly was a next order of power I didn't think I'd feel with just a pulley and a tune. It's so obvious that even non gear head passengers can tell something is very very different about my car now. I had to go out and buy Nitto's for the rear because the Pirellis were giving me burnouts at highway speed, I kid you not.

In an effort to wrap up this novel and bring it home, I'll just tell you that the rest is history. Jon and I spent several more revisions working out little kinks and personal preferences related to throttle tip in, etc and it's since been perfected. Jon identified a small amount of knock on one of my logs taken on a very hot day and told me that even though it's probably "false knock" lets play it safe and pull a degree of timing and he sent me a revision quickly which I appreciated as I'm looking for a reliable tune. Without a doubt, my car now runs better than it did when it was stock, more akin to a finely tuned Rolex at wide open throttle. The character and drivability of the car has been entirely retained while adding another massive level of power at WOT that still leaves me laughing after a good pull.

Jon and I are now working on an octane booster tune for the track. I was able to set a new PB of 10.2 @131 MPH two weeks ago in 2700 ft DA, beating my previous PB of 10.5 and doing it in god awful air, cementing the fact that this is an easy 9's car in better air. That's what I told Jon I wanted and that's exactly what I got. Jon is so responsive that he was actually able to take a look at a log, identify an issue that cost me about a 10th on that run and sent me a revised tune while I was still at the track. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the car to hookup again that night so I wasn't able to get that 10.1 or 10 flat that I'm sure I could have. I know I'll get that 9 second pass before the season is out.

In summary, Jon has been excellent to work with. He is highly available, even spontaneously as with the track night I mentioned above. He is absolutely and unequivocally an expert hemi and hellcat tuner and knows how to get these things moving with both engine and trans tuning. His work has transformed my hellcat from a beast to an apex predator and I am very grateful for his service. He is a busy guy and a family man but his dedication to my tuning project as if I'm his only client has been incredibly impressive.

Cheers Jon and thank you for a job well done.

Excellent review of a known transmission-fluid licker...

; )

@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
This is excellent to know as I just received my RTD from Jon to do the tuning for my 5.7 Ram with cam change, lifters will be here Monday and I plan to get started on it end of next week. So excited to see how this all turns out.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Can’t go wrong with Jon! Best of the best.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
@Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC is the man. Enough said. He’s got his stamp on both of my girls and I love it.
IMG_0399_Original.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
First we discussed how to quit making this one eat cat converters for brunch at HPDE days. Then he did the same thing described above. After sending an unbelievable tune with no timing changes that blew my mind he sent a tune with a performance improvement utilizing higher octane fuel. Discussed that we probably want to leave the pulley alone for lapping these suckers was also a correct call made by Jon. Then we modified some of the stuff in the tune drag racers like but need changed for a road course. It has survived a weekend at the Ozark’s, Road America and a high speed test day at BIR. Besides being a great performer on the street too that runs a bunch more smooth and cool now, without that puke shift hesitation from the factory Jon saved me from selling this sucker in frustration last year!
IMG_6697.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
20230705_105205.jpg
Jon turned back on the safeties that the last tuner turned off and recommended that I run a higher octane race gas. Picked up a .3 with those changes and tweaks.

Now that it's back on the street, he's sent me a great street tune for 93.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
View recent photos.jpg
jons got me flying. And hanging with me got him broke🤣.
I will say he does need to charge more! When his cars run better and customer service is out of the part compared to guys that are charging 2-3 times more than him.

OP
Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Thread Starter #9
View attachment 109821
I will say he does need to charge more! When his cars run better and customer service is out of the part compared to guys that are charging 2-3 times more than him.
Good reminder of a point I forgot to even touch on: price. Jon currently is among the least expensive tuners to work with. I feel like I got the deal of the century having picked up his package with an additional 5% discount he was offering at the start of the season. I’m in this for way less than the direct connect packages and if I had to wager a guess, am getting significantly more performance from Jon.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
View attachment 109821
Oh hell yeah!!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Good reminder of a point I forgot to even touch on: price. Jon currently is among the least expensive tuners to work with. I feel like I got the deal of the century having picked up his package with an additional 5% discount he was offering at the start of the season. I’m in this for way less than the direct connect packages and if I had to wager a guess, am getting significantly more performance from Jon.
Jon felt most tuners are charging to much. And a lot of them are doing bad tunes to boot. Some have been around awhile and have a name and think they can over charge but from what I have seen, I wouldn't let them tune my lawn mower

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Jon felt most tuners are charging to much. And a lot of them are doing bad tunes to boot. Some have been around awhile and have a name and think they can over charge but from what I have seen, I wouldn't let them tune my lawn mower
I still remember the "copy and paste" incident with a certain tuner. It was crazy.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I think the price to tune my truck is right in line for what I'm expecting. I really have no experience to state that because I have never done a tune on anything, ever! So I was not sure what to expect for pricing. All I can say is if Jon's tune does everything I am hoping for my daily driver Ram I will be happy with the cost as it was right in line with what I personally thought it would be when I was discussing it with my wife. His quoted price was within $100 of what I told her I thought it would be, plus the equipment and credits.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Tim Barth is the biggest one. I seen him blow a trans first hand. Than tray and make me go to sipple. It’s like how come even a 850hp car needs a trans from sipple after it blows up after a Barth tune.
I have shown he turns off tq management on our trans and people on here still back him like he’s a god.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Now let’s sell some tunes I have some big projects coming up 😊

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Now let’s sell some tunes I have some big projects coming up 😊
Then you will complain you are too busy:unsure:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Antifreeze tastes better

Yeah, but it's almost guaranteed to kill you. ; )

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL