Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Member from Michigan

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Hello all, new to the forum but not the vehicles.

It started in 2007 with a 300C SRT8, my first Chrysler (FCA, Stellantis) vehicle. What a great car and opened up the world to the performance side of Mopar. But I felt like the red headed stepchild. All the events at the time were Dodge focused (or marketed), sure I could show up with my Chrysler and they would let me in but I felt odd. Plus the hood bulge on the 1st gen Charger is drop dead sexy.

Life moved on, and in the spring of 2018, after a 1.5 hour discussion with a buddy who owned a Charger Hellcat, and with wife approval, I began shopping for my new dream car. Even at that time, and in southeast Michigan, they were hard to find unless you wanted black. As my 300 was Inferno Red, I really loved the pearl or multi stage paint (plus the wife vetoed Plum Crazy) so it was either Octane Red or Redline Red. The Octane Red was nice, and had the black stripes which wasn’t my first choice but was otherwise a great vehicle. The first time I saw the Redline Red though, wow, plus it had red leather, when the dealer let me start it up … oh my, this was the one.

A week later, I was the proud owner of a Dodge Charger Hellcat and am still enjoying it!

Attachments

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome to our place.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Welcome

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Welcome to the forum!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Welcome. Take all possible anti theft measures. You are in bad guy country.

OP
RedHellcat22
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Welcome. Take all possible anti theft measures. You are in bad guy country.
Unfortunately I am, was an attempted theft when I had it a couple months from a parking garage (work), not sure how they were going to get by security, maybe bust through the gate? I believe I remote started it via the app while they were inside and they fled so only a broken window and a large scratch in the paint. Thankfully my boss was a car guy so I was immediately relocated to underground secure parking.

I hate to say it but fear of theft / damage as well as the fact they aren’t made any longer has resulted in it becoming a garage queen vs a daily driver. I have the RF hub as well as a couple other things, strongly considering the IGLA or Revelco.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Princeton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 super stock
Chain her to the ground in Copper harbor.

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome to the forum and yes, Redline Red is a great color choice but I am a little biased.;). Great looking Charger.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello all, new to the forum but not the vehicles.

It started in 2007 with a 300C SRT8, my first Chrysler (FCA, Stellantis) vehicle. What a great car and opened up the world to the performance side of Mopar. But I felt like the red headed stepchild. All the events at the time were Dodge focused (or marketed), sure I could show up with my Chrysler and they would let me in but I felt odd. Plus the hood bulge on the 1st gen Charger is drop dead sexy.

Life moved on, and in the spring of 2018, after a 1.5 hour discussion with a buddy who owned a Charger Hellcat, and with wife approval, I began shopping for my new dream car. Even at that time, and in southeast Michigan, they were hard to find unless you wanted black. As my 300 was Inferno Red, I really loved the pearl or multi stage paint (plus the wife vetoed Plum Crazy) so it was either Octane Red or Redline Red. The Octane Red was nice, and had the black stripes which wasn’t my first choice but was otherwise a great vehicle. The first time I saw the Redline Red though, wow, plus it had red leather, when the dealer let me start it up … oh my, this was the one.

A week later, I was the proud owner of a Dodge Charger Hellcat and am still enjoying it!
Welcome from the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Great first post.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
Welcome from an east-sider...

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Welcome also from Ms gulf coast!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
[welcome] to Hellcatforum.org!

I too own a Red Line Red Tri Coat Pearl Charger. Except mine is a 2015 and I had it 1st into the 9s!:cool:

Are you planning on any track time or will you have lots of Fast Fun on the Streets?

Show and Go will happen every time you are out driving around!

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds like a nice ride!!!
Welcome aboard from the left coast!!!

OP
RedHellcat22
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
[welcome] to Hellcatforum.org!

I too own a Red Line Red Tri Coat Pearl Charger. Except mine is a 2015 and I had it 1st into the 9s!:cool:

Are you planning on any track time or will you have lots of Fast Fun on the Streets?

Show and Go will happen every time you are out driving around!

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!
Thank you Linda. I have owned it for 5 years and haven’t made it to the track yet. My ”old” SRT ran a best of 12.91 @ 112 which was pretty quick in 2008 (until those darn coyote Mustangs appeared). I want to go, just life and my little soccer, hockey, softball, basketball and volleyball player has kept me busy. I am torn if I should try a “stock” run on the Michelins, then pick up a set of drag radials or if that’s just a waste of time. Or do I simply schedule a visit with HHP and start with their stage 1 … decisions, lol.

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Welcome! Also from Michigan here. To be honest even stock just put a drag radial on. You will have a lot more fun!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thank you Linda. I have owned it for 5 years and haven’t made it to the track yet. My ”old” SRT ran a best of 12.91 @ 112 which was pretty quick in 2008 (until those darn coyote Mustangs appeared). I want to go, just life and my little soccer, hockey, softball, basketball and volleyball player has kept me busy. I am torn if I should try a “stock” run on the Michelins, then pick up a set of drag radials or if that’s just a waste of time. Or do I simply schedule a visit with HHP and start with their stage 1 … decisions, lol.
12.91 is really a Great ET for a 2008!

If you still have your warranty and care about it I would go to the track as stock. If you did go with Michelins definitely go around the water box.
Just chirp the tires to get any stones off.

Although I first had 20" Nittos 555 rs installed on another set of wheels that came from another prior 2010 srt8 build. My husband who was known as "Top Cat" ( rip.) Would just change out and put the Dragradial set on at the track. My Hellcat is a 2015, I also had an aftermarket DSS Aluminum Driveshafts. 2015 DS twisted up like a Twizzler.
Dodge started making theirs stronger on the newer Hellcat builds.
Nittos 555rs were a lot of fun having they like to be heated good. And of course you Big smokey burnouts pleased the crowd!

You may also want to purchase a diff brace https://highhorseperformance.com/dodge/charger/2015-hellcat-charger/safety-equipment/
The Gear box is the weak link, break it on a bad launch and it could take out the Drive shaft and or half shaft.
I call the Diff brace the " Best Peace of mind" part installed on my car.

BTW if interested @DavidKFla has an aftermarket Driveshaft he is selling. Not sure about the fit, but he would probably know. He has a Charger too.

I think it's always best to go to the track pretty much stock and work on getting to know your Hellcat.
Then when you want more HP and you are ready for a stage 1 give Sales a call @ 18888941115

Oh and Yes, we had 5 kids it seems like we have to live eat and breath their sports.
My youngest daughter we started bringing her to the track at 18 She loves dragracing too and is a good bracket racer!

-Linda

Last edited:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Welcome @RedHellcat22 from down the road.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
12.91 is really a Great ET for a 2008!

If you still have your warranty and care about it I would go to the track as stock. If you did go with Michelins definitely go around the water box.
Just chirp the tires to get any stones off.

Although I first had 20" Nittos 555 rs installed on another set of wheels that came from another prior 2010 srt8 build. My husband who was known as "Top Cat" ( rip.) Would just change out and put the Dragradial set on at the track. My Hellcat is a 2015, I also had an aftermarket DSS Aluminum Driveshafts. 2015 DS twisted up like a Twizzler.
Dodge started making theirs stronger on the newer Hellcat builds.
Nittos 555rs were a lot of fun having they like to be heated good. And of course you Big smokey burnouts pleased the crowd!

You may also want to purchase a diff brace https://highhorseperformance.com/dodge/charger/2015-hellcat-charger/safety-equipment/
The Gear box is the weak link, break it on a bad launch and it could take out the Drive shaft and or half shaft.
I call the Diff brace the " Best Peace of mind" part installed on my car.

BTW if interested @DavidKFla has an aftermarket Driveshaft he is selling. Not sure about the fit, but he would probably know. He has a Charger too.

I think it's always best to go to the track pretty much stock and work on getting to know your Hellcat.
Then when you want more HP and you are ready for a stage 1 give Sales a call @ 18888941115

Oh and Yes, we had 5 kids it seems like we have to live eat and breath their sports.
My youngest daughter we started bringing her to the track at 18 She love dragracing too and is agood bracket racer!

-Linda
Sold the driveshaft last week. Down to just the drag radials.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Sold the driveshaft last week. Down to just the drag radials.
Glad you got your sale done.
What are your Dragradials ?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast