Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Want best traction for my recently acquired new 23 hellcat..

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #21
Yeah it’s mostly tucked in the wheel well, but at the same time I had minimal rubbing of the plastic inner liner so I had to trim it a little and heat a couple spots to re-form. So I have the PS4 summer tires, they still spin pretty easy if I want them to but it’s so much more capable than the stock joke 275s. Car shifts so much cleaner with better tires. My drag wheel/tire is cheap, Bravado 18s with ET street R 305/45r18 and they work really well! Very happy with how the car performs. Now on those 10.5s if you want to just use a street drag radial 305/35r20 there’s the Nitto 555r2 or Mickey ET street s/s, I couldn’t say which is better. I have run et street s/s on other cars and they work well, I also had a set of 555r Nittos a while back and didn’t like them nearly as much, they seemed barely better than a good regular street tire.

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #22
Hi.. Thanks for that. Just which wheel brand kept them tucked ? Thank is what i really want..
I appreciate the time spent for your reply.. I was pretty sure i would enjoy this site.(y)(y)(y)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Street tires are never going to get any traction on a drag strip. Best track setup will be a 17x10 wheel with a 6” backspace. You should be able to run a M/T 305 ET-R without needing to do any inner fender well mods. Max tire would be the 315. That one will require some cutting and beating. Here’s one of the 305 vs the 315 IMG_6912.jpeg . IMG_8089.jpeg

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Hi.. Thanks for that. Just which wheel brand kept them tucked ? Thank is what i really want..
I appreciate the time spent for your reply.. I was pretty sure i would enjoy this site.(y)(y)(y)
I have the Hellcat replicas or “Hellcat reps” from Discount Tire. Done know if I have the exact specs on them…

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #25
I have the Hellcat replicas or “Hellcat reps” from Discount Tire. Done know if I have the exact specs on them…
That looks great . I have one of those stores very near me.. Thanks

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #26
gain, ThankYou...

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #27
I hope my replies are going to the right people.. Still getting used to the site , And , me and computers
do not mesh well sometimes:cool::cool:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@creekcat

It is important for us to also know if you are just looking to set up for driving on the street or if you think you may go to the Drag strip too.

~ Linda

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #29
@creekcat

It is important for us to also know if you are just looking to set up for driving on the street or if you think you may go to the Drag strip too.

~ Linda
Good morning.. My idea is best for street.. Drag strip now is still a lot of fun, especially that age old
christmas tree..I think if i get the best street setup i will be happy with whatever the track will give..
KillKare is a pretty nice track. Been on it with corvettes, (c8 the last one), grand nationals, a viper
and now looking forward to this old guys family/drag fun car.. I appreciate the note. ThankYou

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Good morning.. My idea is best for street.. Drag strip now is still a lot of fun, especially that age old
christmas tree..I think if i get the best street setup i will be happy with whatever the track will give..
KillKare is a pretty nice track. Been on it with corvettes, (c8 the last one), grand nationals, a viper
and now looking forward to this old guys family/drag fun car.. I appreciate the note. ThankYou
Oh yeah, been to Kilkare once, Edgewood and tri-state a million times! Used to live in Cincy years ago...

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
My 305's rubbed the thin plastic wheel well liner slightly. I hit them with a heat gun and pushed the affected area away and it is perfect, no cutting, no one can tell anything was done.

OP
C
Member ID
Reactions
City
Xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 jailbreak
Thread Starter #32
Oh yeah, been to Kilkare once, Edgewood and tri-state a million times! Used to live in Cincy years ago...
Were you there recently? It has an all new concrete track.. I do not know when it was redone.. Now with about 8 staging lanes.. My c8 would not spin enough to even tell.. Thanks