Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1/12/20 Track Rental Day - New PB

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
LOL.
I am an open book.
No tricks or secrets on my part.
All in fun , I know your a straight up guy !

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thanks Linda , all of my mods are in my signature , stock boost with pcm & tcm 93 tune , 309 on a drag pack with 315's , are the mods that make the difference on my ET's.
It was a fun day at the track on my 1st Track Rental Day !
I think track rentals are a lot of fun to attend too!

I think that getting lots of seat time helps having more consistent ETs.
Even when we were at the track back in 2015 3xs a week parts were being added and Tuning was also changing it was hard to be consistent other than "Smashing the Pedal"
This year was another change year of adding parts. So when I race and if I win I am just lucky. I line up with a smile on my face and just try to do my best.

Linda :)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Actually, I do think you are pretty darn consistent 4 10.2xx out of 5 slips.

I bet if you practiced figuring out your reaction time, you could win many races getting "The Hole Shot"

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Actually, I do think you are pretty darn consistent 4 10.2xx out of 5 slips.

I bet if you practiced figuring out your reaction time, you could win many races getting "The Hole Shot"

Yeah , on the track rental day , I wasn't really worried about reaction time as I was more concentrating on launch rpm & going when I was ready , so not really racing anybody. On regular track nights & racing who ever I line up with then I'm normally on that light like stink on shi* , LOL.
And the track rental day , the guy starting the tree was giving no time at all after we were staged , as soon as you staged the tree was coming down , so I just took my time to not be rushed.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Track rental day in Houston at HRP was awesome & lots of fun with a lot of fast Hellcats & Demons , 20 car limit. We started with -1199 DA & ended with -375 DA on my passes. The bad part is that the track is close to the bay & we had fog & high humidity all day which I think hurt my ET's. The humidity started at 87% & ended at 78% on my passes. I was on the 315's for the 1st time & they worked out flawlessly , I did remove all my seats too for those who care , car weighed in at 4465 with me in it.
Having said all that I did get a New PB 10.241 @ 135.04 , & the 1/8 was 6.61 at 109.51 , I was hoping for a little better ET's but like I said I think the high humidity with fog was killing it ? You can see all the #'s on the pic. posted.
View attachment 10322
I was there. I hate that many times I end up not meeting and getting to know everybody. I was on a mission though and my #1 goal was to try and get that stock demon top time back. I love the time slips and now I know the DA was not as good as I thought on my runs. Yes the humidity was doing bad things. I actually think it puts more drag on the car. Where did you get the Da from? My best run was at 11:30.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
I was there. I hate that many times I end up not meeting and getting to know everybody. I was on a mission though and my #1 goal was to try and get that stock demon top time back. I love the time slips and now I know the DA was not as good as I thought on my runs. Yes the humidity was doing bad things. I actually think it puts more drag on the car. Where did you get the Da from? My best run was at 11:30.
Hey DRAGRCR , We did meet , lol , I parked right next to you in the Billet Silver Hellcat & spoke to you at the very start when you was about to unload your car out of the trailer.
DA info comes from Air Density Online , that I have book marked on Safari on my iPhone , it has every track listed in the country , so you just select the track where your at & it will give you more info than you need.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
OK, I remember now. But I have been at events where I should know someone and they were there and we never crossed paths for some reason.
I have air density on line but I do very little on my phone. So I looked it up when I got back to the hotel.

I like the way you built your car .....reliable and fun.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
OK, I remember now. But I have been at events where I should know someone and they were there and we never crossed paths for some reason.
I have air density on line but I do very little on my phone. So I looked it up when I got back to the hotel.

I like the way you built your car .....reliable and fun.
Thanks , I pull up temp / humidity & DA after every pass , I have to know what's up.

Sorry you didn't get your Demon record but I didn't run as well as I wanted to either , but still had fun !

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thanks , I pull up temp / humidity & DA after every pass , I have to know what's up.

Sorry you didn't get your Demon record but I didn't run as well as I wanted to either , but still had fun !
Oh, I got the record. And, hopefully I go even quicker next weekend at Huston Raceway Park.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
Oh, I got the record. And, hopefully I go even quicker next weekend at Huston Raceway Park.
Oh , my mistake , what did you run then & what's the record ?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Just a quick off topic comment, there is an open rental at HRP on 1/26/20 at 9am. One lane slicks, one lane drag radials. Listed on Facebook. Hopefully I'll make this one.

*************edited date from 2/26/20 and corrected to 1/26/20**********

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Very nice passes. And consistent. Good day except the Texans. At least the Buccaneers didn't loose. Didn't play. Humidity here has been awful, but next week different story.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
Just a quick off topic comment, there is an open rental at HRP on 1/26/20 at 9am. One lane slicks, one lane drag radials. Listed on Facebook. Hopefully I'll make this one.

*************edited date from 2/26/20 and corrected to 1/26/20**********
Are you talking about 2/2/20 , slicks & drag radial & bracket race , is what it says on their website ?
I plan on going if weather looks good ?

Last edited:
OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
Very nice passes. And consistent. Good day except the Texans. At least the Buccaneers didn't loose. Didn't play. Humidity here has been awful, but next week different story.
Thanks , yeah not a good day for the Texans , but I still had a good day. I think we need a new coach , might as well we're getting a new Astro's head coach, LOL.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The Astros and Boston??? What a weird situation. Yankees next?? Devil Rays want have that problem. Not smart enough. Remember when Tom Brady, the ball, and the year before they were tapping in and then again this year with the tapping into the communication system?? Cars. Great runs. My car is just fast sitting still. In order to mod a car, I will have to purchase another where I don't have a 7 year warranty at $8,200. So, I make it perty and build another. Keep this one and purchase a used Red Eye. All I can figure if I want to track it. Moe $$$. Good luck on your times.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
The Astros and Boston??? What a weird situation. Yankees next?? Devil Rays want have that problem. Not smart enough. Remember when Tom Brady, the ball, and the year before they were tapping in and then again this year with the tapping into the communication system?? Cars. Great runs. My car is just fast sitting still. In order to mod a car, I will have to purchase another where I don't have a 7 year warranty at $8,200. So, I make it perty and build another. Keep this one and purchase a used Red Eye. All I can figure if I want to track it. Moe $$$. Good luck on your times.
Yeah the warranty thing I didn't do , I knew at some point I would go a little too far & screw it up anyway. :LOL:

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Are you talking about 2/2/20 , slicks & drag radial & bracket race , is what it says on their website ?
I plan on going if weather looks good ?
I edited the date in my post. 1/26/20 9-4

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well, I waited 2 years for this engine to prove itself and still was not quiet sure. Reason for the extended warranty and tires, wheels, paint and chips. I do have the GAP insurance and whatever else I could get. I do have another daily driver and another back up. Reason I am moving again to a condo I own and has a 3 car garage. This car has to go in at an angle, based on Fl building conditions. Want have to share a garage with a 2019 ZO6 ugly vette and I love vettes. Owned 3 and a Z28 with a LT4 engine. Car cost me a lot and talking about a up and coming wife. Signed the papers in the show room and she walked out. 2nd black car and cost me 2 marriages,, 1 for each car. Both 14 years into it. 62, next week 63 and done with it. Cars are my new wife. Will be fun.