Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

10.04 in Darlington!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I'm at Darlington Dragway running my RE now. This place is FAST!
DA hovering at -1400, track on kill.
I've made 7 runs in the last hour. Some great, some less than great. All but one better than my previous best.

I changed from 315/50 to 305/45 MT's and switched from MT front-runners to Hoosiers. All other details are the same as Houston. Fuel is still 93 octane Shell.

Attachments

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats , Nice passes , your 60' is killer !
Why did you go back to 305's ?

I went to HRP last night & had a PB of 9.83 @ 140.52 , 1.44 60'

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
What the total set up. Mine went 10.05 @ 136. 1.51 .60

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If I had to guess, it’s because if you can hook on the 305 it’ll go faster than the 315. So if the track will take it, run the smallest, highest pressure tire that you can.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #5
Good job Mean Cat! Houston is a great track.

Max, my car is stock w the "easy" 150 lbs removed. It has DR's and skinnies. No tune, pump gas, etc...

Jack, you are correct. The 28" 305 gives about 5% more gear. At Houston l was topping 5th gear at the finish line. Here in Darlington I'm going into 6th around 150 ft before the line. I'm 100% sure they'll be harder to hook on a bad track. But they sure work well for hero runs. Lol

Fwiw - I had to come here for business reasons and decided since the air was going to be good I'd put the little tires on and see if the RE would leave on them. It did. :)

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Nice... great passes. Keep up the good work and be safe!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If I had to guess, it’s because if you can hook on the 305 it’ll go faster than the 315. So if the track will take it, run the smallest, highest pressure tire that you can.
I was assuming that , but I really like the 315's with the 2.85 & 309 set up , they pretty much hook all the time until the track gets real bad.

Good job Mean Cat! Houston is a great track.

Max, my car is stock w the "easy" 150 lbs removed. It has DR's and skinnies. No tune, pump gas, etc...

Jack, you are correct. The 28" 305 gives about 5% more gear. At Houston l was topping 5th gear at the finish line. Here in Darlington I'm going into 6th around 150 ft before the line. I'm 100% sure they'll be harder to hook on a bad track. But they sure work well for hero runs. Lol

Fwiw - I had to come here for business reasons and decided since the air was going to be good I'd put the little tires on and see if the RE would leave on them. It did. :)
That's another reason I like the 315's , with the 305's I was shifting into 6th b4 the end of the 1/4 , 315's will hold 5th all the way through the 1/4.
I remove the front pass. seat , everything else is in the car , 1/2 tank of gas.

Last edited:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
WTG @TNREDEYE
Awesome runs!!!
Congrats on the New PBs!
Linda :)

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Nice job Bo,nearly there 🤟

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I'm at Darlington Dragway running my RE now. This place is FAST!
DA hovering at -1400, track on kill.
I've made 7 runs in the last hour. Some great, some less than great. All but one better than my previous best.

I changed from 315/50 to 305/45 MT's and switched from MT front-runners to Hoosiers. All other details are the same as Houston. Fuel is still 93 octane Shell.
Good driving!
Eager for the track to open here.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Congrats great pass and crazy 60

Marine121

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Georgetown
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
TNREDEYE, when you going back to Darlington? We will be there on the 4th for test and tune and the 7th for season opener. Great passes.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My guess is you lost 25-30 lbs with the change from MT front-runners to Hoosiers

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #14
Thanks guys. It was a fun outing. I doubt it'll go much quicker in it's stock form.. and I don't see myself changing shocks, springs, exhaust, etc.. I'd like to know why my mph is so low compared to most others. We keep making jokes that if I can get it to mph it'll really run good then. lol

Marine121 - I doubt I'll be back any time soon. I live in midTN and it's about 9 hrs to Darlington. I had other reasons to be there this time and knew the track would be great and there was a good chance of the DA being exceptional so I brought the RE along. It's a great place w great ownership and staff. I wish they were closer to me. :)

vortecd - you are correct. I did some digging and found there is a 14 lb difference between the two per tire. So, the car lost 28lbs from the tire change.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
So close to a 9 sec pass! Nice slip! Mind me asking what rear tire pressure was and what RPM you launched at?

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #16
Thank you Max. First pass it went .05. That of course had us all thinking there was surely a way to find a 9. After 8 passes it was obvious it wasn't going to happen, at least not w 230 lb me in the seat. lol

Tire pressure was one of the few things we played with. I ran it from 17 up to 25 psi. The lower pressures resulted in slippage at the hit. The higher pressures actually left the line but it would slip on the 1-2 shift.
In the end 19-20 psi netted the best runs.

As for launch I've tried lots of different RPM's. Some just don't work well AT ALL for my car. Dead idle results in what feels like a lag and produces some sucky et's. Just off idle(12-1300) acts a good bit better but doesn't et very well.
From there the higher the better to a point. I've found that 1900rpm is the sweet spot for my car. It'll go as high as 2100 w out pushing but I can't stage it that high, when I let up on the brake to bump in it moves way too much. I can't race it like that so I don't often even try it like that. I did try it once at Darlington, it didn't pick up any et.

I hadn't planned on any more road trips(to good tracks that have great DA) but my best slip has so many 'almosts' on it that I may make a change or two and head out one more time. It's a shame TN is so far from sea level. lol

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you Max. First pass it went .05. That of course had us all thinking there was surely a way to find a 9. After 8 passes it was obvious it wasn't going to happen, at least not w 230 lb me in the seat. lol

Tire pressure was one of the few things we played with. I ran it from 17 up to 25 psi. The lower pressures resulted in slippage at the hit. The higher pressures actually left the line but it would slip on the 1-2 shift.
In the end 19-20 psi netted the best runs.

As for launch I've tried lots of different RPM's. Some just don't work well AT ALL for my car. Dead idle results in what feels like a lag and produces some sucky et's. Just off idle(12-1300) acts a good bit better but doesn't et very well.
From there the higher the better to a point. I've found that 1900rpm is the sweet spot for my car. It'll go as high as 2100 w out pushing but I can't stage it that high, when I let up on the brake to bump in it moves way too much. I can't race it like that so I don't often even try it like that. I did try it once at Darlington, it didn't pick up any et.

I hadn't planned on any more road trips(to good tracks that have great DA) but my best slip has so many 'almosts' on it that I may make a change or two and head out one more time. It's a shame TN is so far from sea level. lol
Great thanks! I ran my best 60ft 1.47 at 18psi and around 1800rpm launch. I noticed the same as you, after about 1900 the car wants to push itself too much and it's harder to control it. Last race (last year, lol), I was practicing bumping in and trying to get the hang of it. Had I more time I wanted to try putting the tire pressure up a bit to around 20psi or so. This is all assuming great prep. Crappy prep and I gotta lower my rpms as low as 1200 or so and keep my tires around 18psi.

Thanks for sharing that info!