Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

10.15 @ 131, fun trip to the track

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I made several runs in roughly the same air/track conditions. The car ran high 129 to low 131 on all passes. It just doesn't mph.

I will be trying the smaller rear tire soon to see what difference they may make. It looks like a Billet Specialties 17x10 w a 28" Hoosier DR is 30 lbs lighter than my Welds w the big MT on them. !!!
My buddy that runs a Demon uses Hoosiers and they seem to hook very well for him.
My 18x11 Forgestar beadlocks with MT street's 305/45 18 weigh in at about 63 pounds and the front 18x5's at 45.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Jim we need to put your car on a dyno because yours is a unicorn. I don't think your car has 90hp less then a Redeye. Your PB is 10.373@132.90 and my PB is 10.399@132.98. I admit I am not as good as you are but I am willing to bet either the Redeye doesn't have 797 or your Hellcat makes more then 707. I will place my bet that your car makes more then 707hp. I am not saying your cheating or anything because I know your not. What I am saying is somehow you got lucky with a overachieving granite cat. I hate you:p:D
Mark, you should be able to go 9.99 at least with your Redeye if everything is perfect, DA-Track Prep,Traction, etc.

Jim's car may be a Unicorn, every now and then a car is built on the line that for some reason appears to have more power then most others of the same model. Perfect day.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Different cars at different tracks with different drivers, it's always hard to say when we're talking about small differences...but I have seen many times a car with super low e.t.s not quite matching the trap speeds of others running a little slower, so maybe the car is just getting there a little early before it has more time to accelerate?

With our cars, they have changed "stock'' calibrations and tunes over the years, so all Hellcats are really not equal at all. There is one guy here locally with an early build (satock - or so he says)2015 Hellcat and it's faster than all the rest by a long shot, runs about the same times/trap speeds as my stock Redeye!
Good point.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I have not tried the line lock yet either. I probably have at least 80 passes all on the foot break
Love the line lock, you just have to try to press your brake pedal through the firewall to build pressure for it to activate.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I have not tried the line lock yet either. I probably have at least 80 passes all on the foot break
Use line lock to heat up DRs, leave the light on foot break.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Mark, you should be able to go 9.99 at least with your Redeye if everything is perfect, DA-Track Prep,Traction, etc.

Jim's car may be a Unicorn, every now and then a car is built on the line that for some reason appears to have more power then most others of the same model. Perfect day.
unicorn is bull Moparjim is a sneaky old guy and he knows it

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Thx Jack. I've been surprised at how much burnout my car requires. If I don't just flat cook the tires it won't 60 good at all.
My thought is that the tire has to do a LOT of the work since the suspension is so stiff on the RE.
Agree. With the long burnouts needed to get the MTs to hook, they sure don't last for too many passes.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Your 60 is incredible and so is your ET just wondering why your mph is so low for the ET? I would think you would be in the 134-136 range
Perhaps some spinning toward the big end.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I made several runs in roughly the same air/track conditions. The car ran high 129 to low 131 on all passes. It just doesn't mph.

I will be trying the smaller rear tire soon to see what difference they may make. It looks like a Billet Specialties 17x10 w a 28" Hoosier DR is 30 lbs lighter than my Welds w the big MT on them. !!!
Let us know how that works. I just put Hoosier fronts on the Billet Spec. 18 X 5 Win Lites and am seriously considering going to the SBL 17 X 10 Win Lite rears with 315 - 17 MT Street Rs. Have to wait for track opening here in Ohio to test things out on stock power and full weight.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
The only setting that will allow the interchiller to activate is pure track. I'd prefer to use one of the looser suspension settings but the interchiller more than makes up for the tight suspension.
it’s been a few months since I’ve been able to go to the track)and only got out 3 times last fall, but I have had the same experience here sort of. The chiller works awesome, car will hold all its temperatures steady run after run, but you can only use it in track mode which does seem to limit the launch due to the suspension. I have a custom mode where transmission is in track, but suspension is in street, I think ESP in sport???...will have to double check, but you need to remember to disable the ESP when you switch drive modes. One time I had the car all ready to make a pass, was driving in track mode with ESP fully disabled, switched it to Custom, then had the car cut itself off in the burnout box basically and I felt like an idiot So I’ve never had an ideal pass with the car yet, can’t wait till spring. They are planning to open the track here earlier than ever before! :)

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Awesome 60' and ET! Trap speed seems low for such a quick time though

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I don’t understand why everyone looks at mph , when the et is what matters I only care about 🤔I’ve seen them stock demons race and they have quicker 60s and quicker 8ths and are always slower on the big end
MPH is horsepower. Looks like he has plenty of power on the low end but the mph doesn’t show it on the top end. People will be pulling him top end.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #73
it’s been a few months since I’ve been able to go to the track)and only got out 3 times last fall, but I have had the same experience here sort of. The chiller works awesome, car will hold all its temperatures steady run after run, but you can only use it in track mode which does seem to limit the launch due to the suspension. I have a custom mode where transmission is in track, but suspension is in street, I think ESP in sport???...will have to double check, but you need to remember to disable the ESP when you switch drive modes. One time I had the car all ready to make a pass, was driving in track mode with ESP fully disabled, switched it to Custom, then had the car cut itself off in the burnout box basically and I felt like an idiot So I’ve never had an ideal pass with the car yet, can’t wait till spring. They are planning to open the track here earlier than ever before! :)
Eric,
I've tried the same custom setting as you're using. For me it results in what I'd call wheel hop every so often. It feels pretty violent inside the car. I gave straight up track a try a while back and the hop just isn't there with it. IMO the front shocks are more 'drag friendly' in street but the rear shocks are also soft - and that's just about the last thing needed in the rear. To my way of thinking street shock setting for the front and track for the rear might be ideal but obviously we don't have that option.

Good luck this spring!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
The asphalt is soaking wet around here and I finally got my break in done so I can't wait for some dry weather so I can put a tire on and start some test runs.
The line lock seems to work much better on the new car than it did on the Scat.
Go figure.