Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

170 vs plaid with "better driver"

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Whose demonology?

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Had nothing to do with the driver; and all to do with the prep. Everyone thinks they're an expert; but they never step up and show everyone how it's done.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Had nothing to do with the driver; and all to do with the prep. Everyone thinks they're an expert; but they never step up and show everyone how it's done.
just quoting the story but think ron would argue driver makes a difference

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
He is known as the "Soul Snatcher" a YouTube Influencer. I met Herman a few years ago at HHP and also in Texas and had Lunch with him and his friends. He is a very Humble winner. He really has a lot of Fun at the track. Herman seeks out the racers at the track for types of cars and racers, to snatch the soul!

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
just quoting the story but think ron would argue driver makes a difference
Ron and I are very good friends and I've been with him many times when he's run his 170. Believe me.....when the prep is bad; he doesn't hook either. I've witnessed it. He has stated as much in his threads and posts.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
The 170 dose very nice but keep in mind the plaid does has 4 wheel drive but no soul or connection with the driver.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Princeton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 super stock
But its soul got snatched.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
On the track yes..... But on the street I dont think so with the AWD. The only other street car ive seen beat a Plaid from a dig is a Trackhawk. Im sure there are others but ive never seen any videos.

Im sure with a 15 inch tire and a Pro Radial it would be a different story or at least very close but on the street it will spin with them little 17's with Street R's. Its just making too much power for them 17's it really needs a Pro radial to keep up with a really fast AWD car imo.

But its soul got snatched.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
On the track yes..... But on the street I dont think so with the AWD. The only other street car ive seen beat a Plaid from a dig is a Trackhawk. Im sure there are others but ive never seen any videos.

Im sure with a 15 inch tire and a Pro Radial it would be a different story or at least very close but on the street it will spin with them little 17's with Street R's. Its just making too much power for them 17's it really needs a Pro radial to keep up with a really fast AWD car imo.
Why not just say in the rain:rolleyes:
When a car magazine lines up 10 cars and race them is about the dumbest thing because most cars don't come with a tire that would even hook at a drag strip. I would rather see going to a track with tires that work on the car to make it a fair race. AWD will always have an advantage
The point of racing two cars to get good data against each other is to have the right tires and conditions like a drag strip. This isn't street outlaws which is still on a closed stretch of road on the street racing. Most could care less if you are faster on the street for one you shouldn't be out risking joe public racing anyone that wants to around traffic.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bro, 99% of people buying Hellcats or other fast cars are NOT taking them to the "Race Track". They are driving them on the street so yea they care MORE about how it performs on the street vs. the Track that none of them will ever be at! Who cares how fast it is at the track with a sticky surface. Thats not realistic the street is. So u think the ONLY place ppl are gonna go fast is the race track?

So if I have a fast car that hooks up on the street that means im now emulating "Street Outlaws" cmon bro thats sounds silly.

Btw, the Plaid, Trackhawk or any other car in those magazine races all have stock tires. So ur saying the RWD needs a tire to hook and compete on the street. Thats pretty much the point of those articles is to show how bad stock RWD cars get smashed on the street when going against AWD if they dont have a really sticky tire. What happens when u put a sticky tire on the AWD car?

Every time someone talks about having a good hooking or fast car on the street for some reason u automatically jump to the "Street racing" comment and how dangeruos it is to the public and all. Bro, not everyone street races on I-95 and stops traffic to do so. Im guessing uve never street raced before.

We go to an industrial park thats closed to all traffic to dig race. Its a dead end. There is zero risk to anyone......:rolleyes: We have COUNTLESS industrial parks in NY city.

So please stop with ur "Street racing" and how deadly it is. When the ADULTS get together to race for big $$$$$ street racing isnt deadly at all. Ya know what is really DEADLY bro? Smoking!

Why not just say in the rain:rolleyes:
When a car magazine lines up 10 cars and race them is about the dumbest thing because most cars don't come with a tire that would even hook at a drag strip. I would rather see going to a track with tires that work on the car to make it a fair race. AWD will always have an advantage
The point of racing two cars to get good data against each other is to have the right tires and conditions like a drag strip. This isn't street outlaws which is still on a closed stretch of road on the street racing. Most could care less if you are faster on the street for one you shouldn't be out risking joe public racing anyone that wants to around traffic.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Bro, 99% of people buying Hellcats or other fast cars are NOT taking them to the "Race Track". They are driving them on the street so yea they care MORE about how it performs on the street vs. the Track that none of them will ever be at! Who cares how fast it is at the track with a sticky surface. Thats not realistic the street is. So u think the ONLY place ppl are gonna go fast is the race track?

So if I have a fast car that hooks up on the street that means im now emulating "Street Outlaws" cmon bro thats sounds silly.

Btw, the Plaid, Trackhawk or any other car in those magazine races all have stock tires. So ur saying the RWD needs a tire to hook and compete on the street. Thats pretty much the point of those articles is to show how bad stock RWD cars get smashed on the street when going against AWD if they dont have a really sticky tire. What happens when u put a sticky tire on the AWD car?

Every time someone talks about having a good hooking or fast car on the street for some reason u automatically jump to the "Street racing" comment and how dangeruos it is to the public and all. Bro, not everyone street races on I-95 and stops traffic to do so. Im guessing uve never street raced before.

We go to an industrial park thats closed to all traffic to dig race. Its a dead end. There is zero risk to anyone......:rolleyes: We have COUNTLESS industrial parks in NY city.

So please stop with ur "Street racing" and how deadly it is. When the ADULTS get together to race for big $$$$$ street racing isnt deadly at all. Ya know what is really DEADLY tho? Smoking!
I really don't care how it hooks on the street because I'm not out there racing people, that is what the track is for

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So u still have the stock tires on ur Hellcat and only swap out sticky tires when at the race track? Or do u not drive urs on the street? Ur car is a race car only?

If so then it would make sense why u dont care but the fact is almost everyone here goes fast on the street bro not the track.... In fact, I would be willing to bet that 80% of the Hellcat owners here have NEVER even been to a drag strip! Lotts places dont even have drag strips.

So good hooking tires arent just about going fast bro theyre about staying out of the woods when going WOT in ur Hellcat. So ur saying ppl only go WOT at the drag strip?

I really don't care how it hooks on the street because I'm not out there racing people, that is what the track is for

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
So u still have the stock tires on ur Hellcat and only swap out sticky tires when at the race track? Or do u not drive urs on the street? Ur car is a race car only?

If so then it would make sense why u dont care but the fact is almost everyone here goes fast on the street bro not the track.... In fact, I would be willing to bet that 80% of the Hellcat owners here have NEVER even been to a drag strip! Lotts places dont even have drag strips.

So good hooking tires arent just about going fast bro theyre about staying out of the woods when going WOT in ur Hellcat. So ur saying ppl only go WOT at the drag strip?
I had a 9 second daily driver over 20 years ago, did you? My Hellcat is also a daily driver and after going through 2 sets of nitto 555r2 I put atturos on it last year. Even with nittos 1000 hp doesn't hook with the first few gears even on a roll. Nittos made the driving experience with the Hellcat more fun when it was stock but once you add power nothing is going to hook. My car sees rain so no M/Ts for daily driving for me

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock

So please stop with ur "Street racing" and how deadly it is. When the ADULTS get together to race for big $$$$$ street racing isnt deadly at all. Ya know what is really DEADLY bro? Smoking!
I’ve had and have fast cars and I think only one has ever been on a track and I doubt my SS ever will be, at least not in the near future!