Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1ST DRAG PACK 2020 GT500 SETS WORLD RECORD 1/4 MILE!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
First off let me say I had to force myself to watch that. What's with the guy who made it? Can you say ANNOYING ! He asks the kid driving a question then just keeps blurting blah, blah, blah while the kids answering. SHUT UP!
Secondly, yes it's a fast HIGHLY modified Mustang.....so what. All I care about is in the real world, if you had two guys with a new RE and new GT500 meet up on the street and both have a tire on the car (Which is a very real common reality---let's face it ---no one is really driving a full race car daily on the street full time) with no mods to slightly modded, the RE wins all day or it'll be neck and neck at best for the Mustang. Once you go full on track mode it makes no diff. Who's got the bigger cam, bigger TB, better race fuel, full custom yatta , yatta. At that point nothing applies to real world meaningfulness or direct comparison. Is a top fuel/funny car wearing a Dodge badge really a Dodge (or any brand). At what point do you break from what's real or at least what your ever gonna really drive?
i do have to say that on the street in roll race format the gt500 walks the red eye. I’ve already seen one on one races and the gt500 wins on the roll every time.
On the dig race the red eye jumps out a hair but unless they shut down on the 1/8 which is likely on the street then the red eye will hold the lead.
But the gt500 can mph the red eye.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
it looks like the GT 500 also beats the Hellcats on the dyno stock for stock and have a 500 lb. weight advantage to boot. it is what it is but hey, im in an M6 cat so im fodder for just about everyone. lol

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
few things here

that gt500 in video is making 1100 whp!! With a full drag wheel setup and prolly more mods in suspension and we never saw under the hood.
No doubt impressive but let’s make sure we all know that. We don’t know about long term reliability or if these guys even care about that, other than just making it as fast as possible and sending it to get a number. @Phast Hemi said it already. This thing might grenade parts and we will probably never know.

don’t we remember the brand new red eye when it came out, I believe it was Barth or someone who had the car out with just race gas and maybe one other change ran like a 9.1x with basic ass bolt ons. That was ridiculously impressive but it just seemed to pass right over the racing community.

another thing is the Modern gt500 has been out since 2007, it is not a new platform.

I really like the gt500 allot. So much I’m currently buying one. But the Hellcat’s and demons have done amazing in the time we have had them.
Plus the gt500 is getting allot of help from the mopar community from all the super charged V8 automatic trans work we have done. Let’s not overlook that. We have busted our ass and blowup a shit ton of parts that even the other platforms have learned from. Some respect needs to be garnered there. They aren’t just coming up with this on their own. Jokers learned allot about blower porting off of Hellcat’s. And he’s immediately porting this blower. Where do you think they got that 105 mm throttle body. Right off a hellcat!
If they're already getting 1100whp out of those cars on a stock block, that's even more impressive!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Fast powerful car is fast and powerful: more news at 11.

As impressive as this is - I am not sure how this is supposed to hold my interest for more than a moment?

Last edited:

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If they're already getting 1100whp out of those cars on a stock block, that's even more impressive!
yeah that’s pretty sick. That car is running full tilt. It better.

you know they had to tone the car down significantly when just a prototype JLT intake with no tune picked up 60 whp on dyno.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
want to compete with a quad cam 4 valve motor you need more displacement, its time for the 426!

Attachments

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Fast powerful car is fast and powerful: more news at 11.

As impressive as this is - I am not sure how this is supposed to hold my interest for more than a moment?
....look......look into it's eyes......

lugosi.gif

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
No, not the same. This car is built by Evolution Racing and tuned by Lund Racing which are aftermarket tuners. The "drag pack" is nothing but wheels and tires and sometimes a gear change but who knows for sure right now without more details. Certainly nothing more than what any of us can buy for our Hellcats. What you're seeing right now with the GT500 is a race to see who can keep the world record for quickest GT500 because its good for business. It's just amazing in the fact that this car runs 10.5 or so in factory trim on 20" street tires but they've already got to this car running 9.1 in 3 months time with bolt-ons and better tires.
Everything Ford has built for performance comes from aftermarket suppliers. always have. Henry didn't do anything but Standard in the factory.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
Everything Ford has built for performance comes from aftermarket suppliers. always have. Henry didn't do anything but Standard in the factory.
Not sure I follow what you're saying. I stated this car was built by aftermarket tuners.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I'm not a Mustang guy at all but that thing is badass.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I just had my first oil change done today at 800 miles and I must admit as I drive her more and more she’s really growing on me. To the point I drove my Redeye yesterday for the first time in roughly 2 months. And then jumped back into my GT500 today and she is just so much more race ready active and the exhaust is just awesome. The transmission is also growing on me which at first I had mixed feelings. The GT transmission is race ready active fun with the down shifting on her own snd the all out pedal to the medal shifts. The tranny just bangs thru the gears and she burps while shifting. It has truly taking me awhile to really get a true feeling If she fits the seat of my pants and as each day passes and more time behind the wheel she’s really fitting in rather well. I have more videos but have to edit the Speedo lol shes wicked fast. I have some good backroads video and drive By shots as well. I am fortunate to be able to have many cars at my disposal to really compare and feel more and more Ford got this car right.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
The owner may be chasing YouTube viewers to some degree, but for the tuners that build these cars, it's about marketing their products and services.
I would say its 95% driven by the channel and the dollars that follow, No disrespect to the vendors, there doing what any one would do, promote there business.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I just had my first oil change done today at 800 miles and I must admit as I drive her more and more she’s really growing on me. To the point I drove my Redeye yesterday for the first time in roughly 2 months. And then jumped back into my GT500 today and she is just so much more race ready active and the exhaust is just awesome. The transmission is also growing on me which at first I had mixed feelings. The GT transmission is race ready active fun with the down shifting on her own snd the all out pedal to the medal shifts. The tranny just bangs thru the gears and she burps while shifting. It has truly taking me awhile to really get a true feeling If she fits the seat of my pants and as each day passes and more time behind the wheel she’s really fitting in rather well. I have more videos but have to edit the Speedo lol shes wicked fast. I have some good backroads video and drive By shots as well. I am fortunate to be able to have many cars at my disposal to really compare and feel more and more Ford got this car right.
I get what your saying i did the exact opposite, i moved from a 800HP ZL1 Camaro to the Redeye. Quite honestly there is no comparison one is a true track car and the other is a true muscle car. Right now my preference is the redeye, its fast, comfortable and looks sick, love every minute of driving it and looking forward to my mod plans.
Maybe ill see you around some day and we can put some of this hype in its place.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ok this is what we need to see. You gotta make it happen for us.

get someone you trust to take out the red eye while your driving the gt500 and go make some hits at 40/50/60 MPH and roll race those cars.

I’d like to see a true stock to stock comparison on these cars. I’ve seen some races but I’m never sure if the cars were each stock or not.

that would be awesome if your able to.

another thing you should buy is a dragy. You can put them and measure the speeds of all your cars to get some real data.

if not all good. Keep enjoying the rides

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Ok this is what we need to see. You gotta make it happen for us.

get someone you trust to take out the red eye while your driving the gt500 and go make some hits at 40/50/60 MPH and roll race those cars.

I’d like to see a true stock to stock comparison on these cars. I’ve seen some races but I’m never sure if the cars were each stock or not.

that would be awesome if your able to.

another thing you should buy is a dragy. You can put them and measure the speeds of all your cars to get some real data.

if not all good. Keep enjoying the rides
Good ideas and yes I was actually planning on letting a friend drive my Redeye and do some comparisons.

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
He went from a 9.5 with a 1.5 60’ to 9.1 but the 60’ didn’t work...I smell a glitch. The car is fast as hell regardless but can’t compete a few rounds with a RE or a Demon with equal set up.