Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1ST DRAG PACK 2020 GT500 SETS WORLD RECORD 1/4 MILE!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oh the good old days are here and going past us lol. This is exciting times to argue and how long does it last with the damn electric agenda on our doorstep. And yeah tracking isn’t here but give it another 2-3 years and the electric pickups and SUVs will be blasting us ICE Age guys and gals on the general roads[vommit]
View attachment 13698 View attachment 13699
I think I see some dust on this one....time to trade it in :p

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I was just having this same discussion with a friend just 2 hours ago. Reminiscing about how quickly the 5.0 Fords in the '80-'90's had a ton of aftermarket support...and the new ones do today....and how Dodge does not.
This matters to me because I am shopping for a newer 5.0 Mustang, and the amount of aftermarket hardware for these cars is incredible, but I really shouldn't be surprised.
Are you kidding me? Shopping for a puff stang? If you are shopping then you just don't get it and never will

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Wonder what the previous world record was and who keeps track of world records? What was the world record for again?
From what I recall, this car reset its own record which was 9.59 previously. The car is built by one of the big Ford aftermarket shops and tuned by Jon Lund, the premier Ford platform tuner. It has a full race exhaust with headers and cat delete. A ported blower with a 2.65 upper. Baps on e85 , and now drag wheels and tires in addition to other mods. Lund raised the shift points so the car shifts at 8k+. The car has trouble managing iats and cannot go rounds in a real racing event much less in positive DA or warm air for that matter. The torque management ( which they are trying to disable) is the only thing keeping the trans alive. Hail Mary runs are neat but not impressive. A stock boost red-eye will eat this thing alive in a tournament.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yep. The Mopar fanatics shouldn't get bent out of shape about it. It is what it is. As a car guy and not a Mopar fanatic, I appreciate what the new GT500 is doing already. I've never even owned a Ford vehicle so I'm not biased. I'm a Chevy guy at my roots.
I've owned pretty much everything over my lifetime...except a Caddy and a Pontiac. Not because I didn't like them, I just never found the one for me that was for sale when I could afford it. I owned many 5.0 Fords starting in the '80's and continued into the mid 2000's. I liked them during that timeframe, and I've got the itch again for a newer one. Those cars were easy to work on back then, and based on the research I've been doing, the new ones are pretty easy too, and there are plenty of parts for them, as well as computer support. Reminds me of the earlier years. Hell, that support has probably been there all through the last several series of 5.0 Fords and I just missed it cuz I wasn't part of that scene for awhile.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Are you kidding me? Shopping for a puff stang? If you are shopping then you just don't get it and never will
I'm not loking for a GT500.....just a regular 5.0 GT. I had a ton of 5.0 Stangs in the past, and they were a lot of fun. It's not uncommon for me to own different cars by different companies.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm not loking for a GT500.....just a regular 5.0 GT. I had a ton of 5.0 Stangs in the past, and they were a lot of fun. It's not uncommon for me to own different cars by different companies.
I understand, we are on different wavelengths. I am a racer, you are looking for a bolt on performance street car. Buy it, drive it and buy another, whatever flavors suits you.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
154 is impressive. Takes some serious power to move 4000lbs plus to 154 in the quarter.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I understand, we are on different wavelengths. I am a racer, you are looking for a bolt on performance street car. Buy it, drive it and buy another, whatever flavors suits you.
I have a dedicated drag car as well. A '70 Dart that's caged, backhalved, ladder barred, and stuffed with w/a worked 440. I don't race professionally, the car just fills my track desires when I feel like going, and my old school pro-street needs when I feel like driving around on steam rollers.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have a dedicated drag car as well. A '70 Dart that's caged, backhalved, ladder barred, and stuffed with w/a worked 440. I don't race professionally, the car just fills my track desires when I feel like going, and my old school pro-street needs when I feel like driving around on steam rollers.
Some here, including me, chase records. Your Dart is slow compared to what we are doing, buy whatever suits you, I have a Demon and don't race it because it is slow compared to my hellcat. Again, we are on different planets, all good.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
The thing sounds like it's on LSD! if you want to throw enough money at anything, you can make it run. just like building a Prostock car, which is what this thing sounds like. Not a street running GT500 that you run pump gas in and go to the grocery store in. So yep it's a Drag Pack race car. Like Dodges Drag Pack, and Chevy's COPO.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
The thing sounds like it's on LSD! if you want to throw enough money at anything, you can make it run. just like building a Prostock car, which is what this thing sounds like. Not a street running GT500 that you run pump gas in and go to the grocery store in. So yep it's a Drag Pack race car. Like Dodges Drag Pack, and Chevy's COPO.
No, not the same. This car is built by Evolution Racing and tuned by Lund Racing which are aftermarket tuners. The "drag pack" is nothing but wheels and tires and sometimes a gear change but who knows for sure right now without more details. Certainly nothing more than what any of us can buy for our Hellcats. What you're seeing right now with the GT500 is a race to see who can keep the world record for quickest GT500 because its good for business. It's just amazing in the fact that this car runs 10.5 or so in factory trim on 20" street tires but they've already got to this car running 9.1 in 3 months time with bolt-ons and better tires.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wait till the C8 comes out.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
The chase isn't about the car, its about YouTube and the money. He is cashing in on the hype.

OP
Blkout

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
The chase isn't about the car, its about YouTube and the money. He is cashing in on the hype.
The owner may be chasing YouTube viewers to some degree, but for the tuners that build these cars, it's about marketing their products and services.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Wait till the C8 comes out.
It's out and customers are taking delivery as of yesterday.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
It's out and customers are taking delivery as of yesterday.
Canadians will get theirs in December

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wow and I’m part of it LOL Dodge is being left BEHIND.......Since last summer it’s been all about the GT500 and C8. Dodge on the other hand not so much besides a wide body Charger but no Demon motor. And here we are now coming up this Summer being 3 years and Dodge continues to sit on the sidelines. Incredible how Dodge restarted the HP wars and just nothing beyond nothing nothing nothing. Oh well I’m driving my GT500 thanks to Dodge and who knows maybe the big reveal is coming [dunno]

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
few things here

that gt500 in video is making 1100 whp!! With a full drag wheel setup and prolly more mods in suspension and we never saw under the hood.
No doubt impressive but let’s make sure we all know that. We don’t know about long term reliability or if these guys even care about that, other than just making it as fast as possible and sending it to get a number. @Phast Hemi said it already. This thing might grenade parts and we will probably never know.

don’t we remember the brand new red eye when it came out, I believe it was Barth or someone who had the car out with just race gas and maybe one other change ran like a 9.1x with basic ass bolt ons. That was ridiculously impressive but it just seemed to pass right over the racing community.

another thing is the Modern gt500 has been out since 2007, it is not a new platform.

I really like the gt500 allot. So much I’m currently buying one. But the Hellcat’s and demons have done amazing in the time we have had them.
Plus the gt500 is getting allot of help from the mopar community from all the super charged V8 automatic trans work we have done. Let’s not overlook that. We have busted our ass and blowup a shit ton of parts that even the other platforms have learned from. Some respect needs to be garnered there. They aren’t just coming up with this on their own. Jokers learned allot about blower porting off of Hellcat’s. And he’s immediately porting this blower. Where do you think they got that 105 mm throttle body. Right off a hellcat!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
First off let me say I had to force myself to watch that. What's with the guy who made it? Can you say ANNOYING ! He asks the kid driving a question then just keeps blurting blah, blah, blah while the kids answering. SHUT UP!
Secondly, yes it's a fast HIGHLY modified Mustang.....so what. All I care about is in the real world, if you had two guys with a new RE and new GT500 meet up on the street and both have a tire on the car (Which is a very real common reality---let's face it ---no one is really driving a full race car daily on the street full time) with no mods to slightly modded, the RE wins all day or it'll be neck and neck at best for the Mustang. Once you go full on track mode it makes no diff. Who's got the bigger cam, bigger TB, better race fuel, full custom yatta , yatta. At that point nothing applies to real world meaningfulness or direct comparison. Is a top fuel/funny car wearing a Dodge badge really a Dodge (or any brand). At what point do you break from what's real or at least what your ever gonna really drive?

Last edited: