Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2019 BMW M5 Competition vs. Dodge Demon

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
On the street you will get cooked from a dig, i think 50+ rolls it loses to a redeye anyway, possibly the hellcat as they are underrated too.

Drag radials on strip probably goes to redeye by an edge, demon should do its job here as well.

Also we are assuming the m5 is on street performance tires, not running a jb4 or downpipes, etc etc
Yup, I’d like to race one on the street eventually. I never see any comps and hardly any M5 that are newer. I do frequently see m3 and m4s.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yup, I’d like to race one on the street eventually. I never see any comps and hardly any M5 that are newer. I do frequently see m3 and m4s.
Would be a good race on the strip, I might get a comp if fca dealerships keep screwing me on lease quote. Where about are you?

You will cook the old m3/m4 by a large margin, they are track focused cars, new gen m3/m4 might be a better race but they look f*cking hideous, just google it, awful

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Would be a good race on the strip, I might get a comp if fca dealerships keep screwing me on lease quote. Where about are you?

You will cook the old m3/m4 by a large margin, they are track focused cars, new gen m3/m4 might be a better race but they look f*cking hideous, just google it, awful
I almost got the chance against a new m3.. With my charger.. just a couple weeks back but the freaking d-bag decided he wasn’t waiting for the red light and blew it hah.. I was thinking like wtf what an idiot. I probably would have embarrassed him from a roll though.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yeah I believe 6.6 .. I saw one that said 5.6 0-100.. i was like yeah that’s bull hah. I know it’s not beating a ZR1 0-100 in 6 seconds flat
5.6 would probably be downpipes + tune.

As these are turbo cars they are rated for longevity and the tune isn't that aggressive, it's possible to pull out another 100-150 hp out of these cars but you run the risk of blowing motors if you get too aggressive.

They dyno for around 700 hp at crank/ 616 lb ft torque at the wheels.... so add another 100-150 to both and you are at damn near 750hp at the wheel + 700 lb ft torque and the car launches likes a nasa space shuttle, I wouldn't put it too far out of the realm of possibility.

But then it's not stock, so the debate really kind of ends there.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I almost got the chance against a new m3.. With my charger.. just a couple weeks back but the freaking d-bag decided he wasn’t waiting for the red light and blew it hah.. I was thinking like wtf what an idiot. I probably would have embarrassed him from a roll though.
Sounds like a bmw d-bag, nothing new there. Old m3 is 4.0 0-60, you would cook him from a dig.

2021 m3 hasn't been released yet, it's projections are 3.3/3.4 0-60, bmw notoriously underrates so probably closer to 3.2. It will be Making a measly 473 horsepower so expect a mid to high 11 second quarter mile.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
@Matt someone with an SRT
Here are some splits from fastestlaps, they are known to be accurate from what I gather.

https://fastestlaps.com/models/bmw-m5-g30
I was actually just about to post that... they have the same for the RE and Hellcat but the specs aren't as complete as the M5. I have had the luxury of driving 2 different M5's and they are extremely fast and a lot of fun to drive. Just like my Cayman, vette, and Carlsson/Renntech AMG's. I just love cars... not just 1 make but many. None of the cars I have give me the feeling like my cat and if you watch the video these guys say the same thing. The Charger/Challenger Hellcat is all around the best car to own IMO. If you are lucky to have a RE or Demon it is just that much better.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Now Matt, I have to agree on the street it is going to be tough to beat 4wd and some decent power from a DIG. Roll is different, but it is so tough to get our big sleds in motion.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I was actually just about to post that... they have the same for the RE and Hellcat but the specs aren't as complete as the M5. I have had the luxury of driving 2 different M5's and they are extremely fast and a lot of fun to drive. Just like my Cayman, vette, and Carlsson/Renntech AMG's. I just love cars... not just 1 make but many. None of the cars I have give me the feeling like my cat and if you watch the video these guys say the same thing. The Charger/Challenger Hellcat is all around the best car to own IMO. If you are lucky to have a RE or Demon it is just that much better.
I agree, it's really supposed to be a family car that is sneaky fast, hence the muted exhaust + quiet interior with sound deadening

Downpipes + resonator delete quickly fix that, though it will never sound as good as a hellcat due to the turbos.

The closest 4 door sedan, I have found to the charger hc in terms of noise is the e55 amg and that's with no secondary cats, no resonator, gutted mufflers, and long tube headers. Even then it's not as vivacious or snarly as the Hellcat, although it does pop more.

I found the hellcat experience more intuitive and hands on, like many have said the gt-r/m5, etc etc feel like you are playing a video game, they are that fast but also a bit boring.

With the m5 in rwd and no traction control it behaves a lot more like a hellcat but still doesn't bring the same attitude or volume in terms of exhaust and blower whine.

Just 2 different cars, one is a pure bred muscle car in a 4 door sedan and one is a pure bred luxury sports car in a 4 door format.

If I lived in California, florida, Texas, etc etc I would drive a hc all year around, sadly I live in the northeast and when it snows the cat is no bueno, hence me exploring various options for my new dd.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
i roll raced an AMG E63 a few weeks ago from 70 to about 130 and he pulled me by about a half a cars length before we came up on traffic, he didn't sound stock (loud) my hellcat is stock except for CAI. don't know if i could have reeled him back in or not, seemed about as quick as a newer zo6 corvette.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
i roll raced an AMG E63 a few weeks ago from 70 to about 130 and he pulled me by about a half a cars length before we came up on traffic, he didn't sound stock (loud) my hellcat is stock except for CAI. don't know if i could have reeled him back in or not, seemed about as quick as a newer zo6 corvette.
Interesting, any troubles hooking at 70?

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
not really, i have Nittos on the back, you just never know what people have under the hood. met a dude awhile back with a challenger scat pack with a pro charged 426o_O

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
not really, i have Nittos on the back, you just never know what people have under the hood. met a dude awhile back with a challenger scat pack with a pro charged 426o_O
There's one on the forum here lol.

Yeah that's true, did it look like a 2014 or 2018?

Probably running a tune + downpipes.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
it was white scat pack ,when he started it up it sounded like a pro stock v8. it had to be at least a 2015 as it had the split tail lights.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Waxhaw
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
I did not know what an M5 Competition was a couple months ago when I came across it on the streets. We played around for a while and finally got to race stoplight to stoplight. I had my drag radials on, used launch mode, and was still a car behind by 60mph. I'm in the 3.5 second range for 0-60.

I got him to pull over so I could see what the hell was going on. Never knew they made those 4wd beasts. My Redeye will definitely take it in the 1/4, but doesn't stand a chance in the 1/8 mile. Tread lightly!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
From a dig on the street, we are going to have lots of issues looking for traction. A car with moderate power and traction can beat plenty of higher hp cars stop light to stop light. I don't like turning down a race but if there is talk between you, tell them to meet you at the track. 99% of the time they will back down
When most cars were running 12-13's street stuff was fun. As we make more power we are just looking for trouble playing on the street

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I did not know what an M5 Competition was a couple months ago when I came across it on the streets. We played around for a while and finally got to race stoplight to stoplight. I had my drag radials on, used launch mode, and was still a car behind by 60mph. I'm in the 3.5 second range for 0-60.

I got him to pull over so I could see what the hell was going on. Never knew they made those 4wd beasts. My Redeye will definitely take it in the 1/4, but doesn't stand a chance in the 1/8 mile. Tread lightly!
He has a good point. A 3.5 sec 0-60 is pretty darn quick. We have to acknowledge a 4wd powered high powered those sports car like that will out accelerate us btw stoplights.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
It's not fair racing these AWD cars from a dig! LOL

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Depends what you run on the track, that's a 10.8 car on the strip with street tires, it's also not a regular awd system either, it can disconnect the front axle and drop a burnout in the box too.

From a dig on the street, we are going to have lots of issues looking for traction. A car with moderate power and traction can beat plenty of higher hp cars stop light to stop light. I don't like turning down a race but if there is talk between you, tell them to meet you at the track. 99% of the time they will back down
When most cars were running 12-13's street stuff was fun. As we make more power we are just looking for trouble playing on the street
I wouldn't turn one down, I'm actively hunting a Charger Redeye and m5. I will say most of the people who buy those cars do so for status versus actually using them on the strip or track. The m5 is a very nasty car that does tracks and drag strips.

If I get one I'm running downpipes + jb4(handheld tuner that doesn't flash) . The car will have close to 800 hp with awd and probably drop to 2.5 0-60 and very very low 10s on the strip i.e 10.2,10.3 consistently.

Stock this car is closer to the regular hellcat in terms of power, anything that starts from a dead stop is going to give the hellcat and redeye variants trouble, a roll will always be a better way to show the superior horsepower of the hellcat/redeye.

He has a good point. A 3.5 sec 0-60 is pretty darn quick. We have to acknowledge a 4wd powered high powered those sports car like that will out accelerate us btw stoplights.
It's not fair racing these AWD cars from a dig! LOL
Which is why I would like to see at least the charger be offered with an awd option like the m5/e63 where you can still disconnect the front axle. Sadly it most likely won't happen. Biggest bottleneck on these cars will always be traction, at least they addressed this with widebody variants, can't say they didn't try.