Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Been seeing that new 196 MPH top speed for the Charger WB. Disappointing, considering the 204.5 of the "regular" Charger HC. That extra width has a big aerodynamic price when you're getting into the high end. Not the end of the world (and who really operates in that area regularly anyway) but also disappointed because I'm not sure the flares will accommodate 345s which is what is really needed in the rear (in my opinion)
As the owner of a high-powered car with 345mm drag radials outback I can confirm even those are going to be marginal on any HC. I was really tempted to put the same Toyo TQs on the back of my Challenger vs. the 325 M&Hs I will be running. But, the M&Hs are stickier.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I want the new Frostbite color, and I noticed that it says late availability for that color....anyone have any idea what that means for timing? Will that color even be available for order when banks open or will I have to wait for that color just to get my order in?
Typically you can order a late availability color as soon as the order banks open, but production is delayed.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Typically you can order a late availability color as soon as the order banks open, but production is delayed.
Thanks for the info. In the past with late availability colors, do you know if they were shipping them in spring time, or like even later than that? Just curious....

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thanks for the info. In the past with late availability colors, do you know if they were shipping them in spring time, or like even later than that? Just curious....
My personal experience was with the Demon, so everything was late availability - my B5 was just "later" availability. Lol

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
My personal experience was with the Demon, so everything was late availability - my B5 was just "later" availability. Lol
Yup
Ordered my B5 in July of 17 and they didnt start making them until April (i think)

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Additional info: I just read an article from Torque News that said the new colors (late availability) would NOT be an option selection in the order banks when they open. If correct, that is different than my experience.

Jalenator

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Max Steel Hellcat RedEye
Additional info: I just read an article from Torque News that said the new colors (late availability) would NOT be an option selection in the order banks when they open. If correct, that is different than my experience.
Triple Nickel was a "late availability" color for MY19 and wasn't available as an option selection to order (at least per my dealer) when I ordered my RE in July '18 FWIW...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Wow. FCA dumps B5, Plum Crazy and Yellow Jacket for the Challenger all in one fell swoop.

But there is special new stitching! :eek:

Total BOWWrrrr....(insert Death Star power down soundtrack).

So much for the SC Hellephant and/or 426 Cuda late-season BLOCKBUSTER announcement.

Not gonna lie, as a Demon owner (in one of the discontinued high impact colors) this is good news from where I am sitting. Looks like 840hp will still be King Kong for the Big Three, at least for another production cycle...

On the positive side, the Charger widebody Hellcat looks dope and the RedEye Challenger wasn't discontinued (which was a rumor that thankfully didn't pan out).

Last edited:

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
They appear in the press kit shared two or three posts higher as an option for the challenger, although it isn’t clear if the wheel style or the low gloss granite color is the optional part.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Here you go, seems like we were right about the warpspeed, good news! Still unclear if the low gloss granite color is the optional part or the warpspeed style.

Attachments

I

Intense

I have to say, those wheels look great. I still think those are the best looking design to date AND I think the Charger wears the WB very well.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Here you go, seems like we were right about the warpspeed, good news! Still unclear if the low gloss granite color is the optional part or the warpspeed style.
So what I'm wondering is what the new standard low gloss black WB wheels look like. If you read that description closely, it differentiates them from the Warpspeeds.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
So what I'm wondering is what the new standard low gloss black WB wheels look like. If you read that description closely, it differentiates them from the Warpspeeds.
Yep, wondering the same . Just wish they’re not the devils and that these are gonna be default in Mexico

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yep, wondering the same . Just wish they’re not the devils and that these are gonna be default in Mexico

Def not the ugly Devils Wheels from what I take from that.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
So the "other site" that shall not be named.....the just is 2020 order banks open sep 10th? Sound legit?

I only logged in over there bc I had a response from DodgeCare in my inbox.....

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
So the "other site" that shall not be named.....the just is 2020 order banks open sep 10th? Sound legit?

I only logged in over there bc I had a response from DodgeCare in my inbox.....
My dealer told me today that they received the monthly bulletin in which updated prices and new released models appear and there were no 2020 challenger, nevertheless, they told me the 2020 should be available to order next week, so 09/10 sounds right (it’s also the date that appears on Donlen’s website), although dealers often don’t know crap, I literally have more info than they do.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
My dealer told me today that they received the monthly bulletin in which updated prices and new released models appear and there were no 2020 challenger, nevertheless, they told me the 2020 should be available to order next week, so 09/10 sounds right (it’s also the date that appears on Donlen’s website), although dealers often don’t know crap, I literally have more info than they do.

Wonder if they’ll deal on the ‘20 Challengers considering there are basically no changes and FCA needed to offer crazy rebates to clear the shelves already.
Sinamon Stick RE WB with black Warpspeed wheels would be near the top of my list.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Wonder if they’ll deal on the ‘20 Challengers considering there are basically no changes and FCA needed to offer crazy rebates to clear the shelves already.
Sinamon Stick RE WB with black Warpspeed wheels would be near the top of my list.
I desperately want FCA to anounce the 2020 and I want to order it, but I don’t know which color I’d pick... I like granite, octane red, indigo blue and tor red. I do love black but my 2016 was black and I was going crazy with the permanent dust and wind around here. Triple nickel and white seem kind of boring to me, and the more flashy stuff isn’t my cup of tea, although I know some of them are classical muscle car colors.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Oh and no idea if they’d deal, I guess you’d have to wait a while but who knows... I’d definitely love the wrpspeed too. Will be WB for me too but non RE, credit conditions are pretty shitty in Mexico, I’ll litteraly put 60% down to avoid borrowing too much from the bank amd the rest will be at about a 12% loan (and I have excellent credit score, conditions are just crappy down here).

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO