Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Shelby GT 500 is toast vs Redeye in drag race

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
HAHAHAHA thanks for posting that. Freakin classic.

@coolblue I guess you assumed I was talking to you specifically for some reason. I wasn't but I guess it applied. What part about me liking a video means I should take it easy? I'm a lil lost here friend. My point to be clear is the kid had one limp mode pass from what I can see was user error and possibly some weakness in the dual clutch but likely more so in the trons that are designed to make the car hook and book on stock rubber under normal conditions not on a drag strip on a tire. The Hellcat's LC is absolute useless trash and we all know that. Good thing is you can launch the shit out of it on the track, bad thing is it's harder to hook up on the street. To soon to be seen or determine if it's an actual handicap on the GT500 like it is for the ZL1s or if it is a hiccup. If you find it tickles your funny bone and makes you feel happy that is your business but one pass on a night in Irwindale in isolation is a small data point. You hate Ford....that's cool to. I hate Hondas and Renault.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did think it was mostly directed at me. Reason I responded with the "francis" quip was you threw it out there, so I threw it back when I thought was appropriate. You seemed to be getting incrementally more irritated with the "knows there shit" comment and I just didn't want this to become an FU match.(and thanks for responding with civility). Truth be known, I'm only a full time Mopar guy last 4+ yrs or so. I was FULL time Chevy guy years before that. The Ford thing goes way back, to a culture in the company and all the real world problems/ glitches their cars have always had (more than most) hence the old adage "Found On Road Dead".
Back to the point on this thread. I find it very funny that Ford releases there Hellcat killer (and hey.....it's about time, how many years now?) and when they give it a real outing on tires everyone's like "ooooh here it comes, here it comes, gonna be that magic run that gets'm, you'll see now." And then.....crap out. Yes..I thought that was apropos for Ford.

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
GT500 vs Redeye....Redeye will win stock vs stock. I can't wait for a GT500 to line up beside me at the track. The Redeye got nun of this attention and it made more HP and is faster. Journalists were running 10.8s off the showroom floor when it was released. The Redeyes are low 10s with just rear tire swap and mark my words you will see 9.99 from a stock Redeye with just DR's. It is coming.

Last edited:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
GT500 vs Redeye....Redeye will win stock vs stock. I can't wait for a GT500 to line up beside me at the track. The Redeye got nun of this attention and it made more HP and is faster. Journalists were running 10.8s off the showroom floor when it was released. The Redeyes are low 10s with just rear tire swap and mark my words you will see 9.99 from a stock Redeye with just DR's. It is coming.
I can’t wait to see more videos of Hellcats vs New GT500’s On near stock trim.. I’d like to see a charger HC on DR but stock go against it. Just to see the actual spread at the 1/4.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I know these new 500s are fast.. but.. when I watched a video of youtuber speedvenom hitting the hills in his 10.6 timed drag GT500 I got to say I was a little unimpressed. One thing I was counting is the seconds between how long he shifts and the actual mph read on the speedometer.. I don’t know about you guys but if I put my stock HC Charger in 2nd gear from a roll at like 25-30. If you feed it in then stab it You can’t keep it in the gear for more than a second/ second and a half before you shift off. I was watching speedvenom seemingly going wot on some straights and it didn’t appear like it even pulled like my stock cat? It took him like 4 seconds to go from 25-60 ish on a second gear pull.. Might just be because he wasn’t going WOT? I dunno exactly.. just some misc. thoughts I had..

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Matt someone with an SRT - I wouldn't base any relevant amount of thought on what SpeedPhenom does with the car. He is an amateur at best, and is feeling out the car at the same time he learns how to drive. I watch his videos, but with the grain of salt they deserve.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Matt someone with an SRT - I wouldn't base any relevant amount of thought on what SpeedPhenom does with the car. He is an amateur at best, and is feeling out the car at the same time he learns how to drive. I watch his videos, but with the grain of salt they deserve.
Yes, very true