Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 being built right before Christmas

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Oughta see all the people on the other forum paying markups on 2023 cars. Silly and they're just adding to the problem.

Sad to see them go though. Dodge sure had a good thing going.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
If you have the money and want a last car you will pay whatever it takes:geek:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I won't even pay MSRP for a new car LOL. Never have much less a markup that's just crazy to me.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I won't even pay MSRP for a new car LOL.
But you and I are living within means where some have way more money so not a thing to them. I would pay crazy amount for a King Daytona just to have one if I had millions to spare

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If I had millions to spare I'd be looking at something much better than Dodge products LOL. I'm slowly becoming obsessed with a 911 Turbo S as it is :oops:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I won't even pay MSRP for a new car LOL. Never have much less a markup that's just crazy to me.
Ditto - I consider MSRP the point where we begin negotiations on how much LESS I'll actually be paying for the car.

If I had millions to spare I'd be looking at something much better than Dodge products LOL. I'm slowly becoming obsessed with a 911 Turbo S as it is :oops:
Yeah, if I had $$ to just throw away recklessly, I'd be looking at exotics or near exotics not a Dodge ! Even if I was sitting on piles of cash I just don't think I could bring myself to spend more than MSRP on a new car, I would just hate myself after :ROFLMAO:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What I will pay depends on trade value but it's starting to look like those days are coming to an end on most cars.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Never quite got the ppl who get MAD at those who can/choose to pay adm. In late 2017, I didn't -want- to pay adm for my Demon but guess what? If I didn't I would have missed out on the most badass car Dodge ever built. And for the record, MSRP Demons were as rare as hen's teeth. I paid 5 adm and based on lots of others around me, I was happy about it. Today my Demon is worth 2x MSRP so yeah it worked out pretty well.

Despite some wanting it to still be true, Power Dollar Days are over. Times have definitely changed. If msrp is too much for some folks, you are likely in the used car market (for non-top tier performance). Sucks but that's simply reality. If that won't work, you might want to embrace being in “keep my existing car mode”, at least for the next few years. Not that there's anything wrong with that especially if you have 700hp or more in the garage.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Even if I had millions, I don’t have the desire to be crammed into an exotic sports car even if it’s the fastest car in the world. I am not a big guy but the size and aesthetics of the Dodge Charger suits me just fine. It would be a nice toy to have in my 20 car garage along with all the classics I would like to have. I might even go for mixing up my Mopars with maybe a Ford Torino 429 Cobra Jet and a 66 427 Stingray…maybe.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Jimmy likes those VW too

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
euro stuff doesn't do it for me. I would buy a Ford GT first

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
High end Porsches are impossibly expensive, but given where the $$$ numbers are headed on some of these Dodges, I guess I can see it LOL

At the last track rental I was at, a guy just bought a new 2022 911 Turbo S and he was running door to door with the Tesla Plaid that was there through the 1/8 mile before the Tesla would pull away. I have a video of it when I was sitting inside the Plaid for a run, pretty fun!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I suspect the car bubble is about to pop if it hasn't already. Those that have been patient will be rewarded if they're in the market for something. Those that haven't been, well a fool and their money as they say. I always make large purchases during the valleys and save money during the peaks but that's just me.

I guess some people haven't realized the time of free money is coming to an end and interest rates are climbing. They're in for a rude awakening. Now's not the time to make large purchases unless you're flush with cash and as far as ADM you might as well set that money on fire. You're never getting it back. I expect we'll see lots of repo'd Hellcats for sale cheap by this time next year. We've seen this before but most have short memories it seems. People are actually paying ADMs on cars that Dodge couldn't give away the past 5 years with power bucks and all those lease deals. It's like they just got on the internet or something.

As for the Porche, I've been eyeballing prices. A lot of these spend most of their time in the garage and driven a couple thousand miles a year. I've seen some pretty decent examples priced in the $120K to $130K range. Not pocket change but when a Dodge Hellcat is priced near $100K it's not that far off for a car that will hold much better value long term. At any rate my next toy will be something a long those lines that's AWD. I've been watching o'l Cleeter enjoy his lately.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I suspect the car bubble is about to pop if it hasn't already. Those that have been patient will be rewarded if they're in the market for something. Those that haven't been, well a fool and their money as they say. I always make large purchases during the valleys and save money during the peaks but that's just me.

I guess some people haven't realized the time of free money is coming to an end and interest rates are climbing. They're in for a rude awakening. Now's not the time to make large purchases unless you're flush with cash and as far as ADM you might as well set that money on fire. You're never getting it back. I expect we'll see lots of repo'd Hellcats for sale cheap by this time next year. We've seen this before but most have short memories it seems. People are actually paying ADMs on cars that Dodge couldn't give away the past 5 years with power bucks and all those lease deals. It's like they just got on the internet or something.

As for the Porche, I've been eyeballing prices. A lot of these spend most of their time in the garage and driven a couple thousand miles a year. I've seen some pretty decent examples priced in the $120K to $130K range. Not pocket change but when a Dodge Hellcat is priced near $100K it's not that far off for a car that will hold much better value long term. At any rate my next toy will be something a long those lines that's AWD. I've been watching o'l Cleeter enjoy his lately.
When we were waiting in line to get into Bradenton the other week, he zoomed by in it and turned into his shop. Looks and sounds sweet.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I need to rent one for a week to make sure I really like it. Everyone I've talked to that has owned a Porche says it's been a much better driver car than they ever expected and they're pretty bullet proof too from what I hear with low maintenance.

I rented a McLaren 720S a while back and talk about a $300K shit box. It sounded glorious but felt like it was put together by a kid with some Elmer's glue.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Jimmy likes those VW too
I'm not exactly into Porsches, but my girlfriend is.

Last week she made noises about getting a 911 Dakar, and the way she optioned it on line (fire extinguisher and floor mats being the only two) it came to $232K.

I called our local friendly dealer in Colorado who said they'd likely get two. Then he pointed out that there would probably be a 150-200K ADM. For some reason my girlfriend was no longer interested.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I'm not exactly into Porsches, but my girlfriend is.

Last week she made noises about getting a 911 Dakar, and the way she optioned it on line (fire extinguisher and floor mats being the only two) it came to $232K.

I called our local friendly dealer in Colorado who said they'd likely get two. Then he pointed out that there would probably be a 150-200K ADM. For some reason my girlfriend was no longer interested.
Porsches haven't stylistically changed much in 55 years... 🛌 😴 💤

Porsche_911E_ca_1969.jpg download-1.jpg

Last edited:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I’ve always wondered about that. The bodies look about the same. I don’t really follow Porsches so I don’t know to what extent they’ve modified the underpinnings. I’m guessing they have but it seems they never get bagged on by the media about it being an old platform or the styling needs to be updated. Maybe it’s just that good?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've not talked to a single person who owned one that didn't love the car. One person at a car show had like 120,000 miles on theirs and was a daily driver.