Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2024 mustang

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I was reading this morning FCA / Stellantis will be 100% EV by 2029
Shit I can t remember to plug in my effin phone
Going to be interesting

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Right and growing up I did not like Ford I was all about Chevy Trucks and like Dodge trucks but owned Chevys. Car wise I owned Chevys and some Dodge. I guess my message is being misunderstood being Dodge for me has dropped the ball on giving us anything exciting for awhile. And yeh last year run on a possible 1000 HP car but my guess and from Tim K is it will be hard to get and pricey. But on the other hand we have Ford who is revealing a new product all Ice and would think in general most here would think WOW thank goodness not everyone is going Electric. I truly posted only because the thread imo was trashing the Ford Mustang which I felt was why trash Ford when they are still pushing the envelope. And who knows maybe Dodge witnesses it’s base disappear and takes note Ford base grew. Dodge has abandoned the performance vehicles numerous times over the decades while Ford trumps along ignoring other manufacturers. I have said it many times if Ford ever would have given up on the Mustang I think all of us here would not know each other. Being the Challenger never would have been revived. Summing it up thank you Ford for giving us Ice guys and gals some options in this Green world that’s ruining it for the Ice Age.
I see Ford went swoopy with the lines from the rear trunk up through the front of the car like an old Stingray Corvette and power-bulged up the rear renders, it's better looking than the car it replaces IMO. I don't see what's so new and exciting about it though, it's only a slight evolution of the last car with some new computer and dash features, but overall not much different than the last one? Not such a bad thing I guess, but I think the only people in love with it are brand fan-boys.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I see Ford went swoopy with the lines from the rear trunk up through the front of the car like an old Stingray Corvette and power-bulged up the rear renders, it's better looking than the car it replaces IMO. I don't see what's so new and exciting about it though, it's only a slight evolution of the last car with some new computer and dash features, but overall not much different than the last one? Not such a bad thing I guess, but I think the only people in love with it are brand fan-boys.
Yes agree but it’s for me more about how Ford is not following the likes of the others and sadly Dodge just ridiculous. Why not offer like Ford is doing for the consumers to have choices. Meaning you can buy an Ice Age car or an EV car. This is why I keep posting being the message obviously is not being read thru many posts.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Yes agree but it’s for me more about how Ford is not following the likes of the others and sadly Dodge just ridiculous. Why not offer like Ford is doing for the consumers to have choices. Meaning you can buy an Ice Age car or an EV car. This is why I keep posting being the message obviously is not being read thru many posts.
I get what you are saying so maybe you are not reading the posts. They should offer both but I also don't have to buy what they offer or go to another company because of it

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You're not wrong, but if you are expecting us to react with a oh wow, OMG Ford and Mustangs are so awesome...well we just don't think that like you do.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
You're not wrong, but if you are expecting us to react with a oh wow, OMG Ford and Mustangs are so awesome...well we just don't think that like you do.
yes good answer and I always will side with the Dodge Challenger as the more Muscle cooler looking car.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I knew that new dash reminded me of something :unsure:

computer-station-steering-wheels.jpg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have bought Fords in the past. Guess that I might be doing it again in the future??

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I really have nothing against Ford, but their QC has been a problem for a few years. They have the highest warranty expenses of the major manufacturers. On the other hand, they seem to be pretty good about covering. Our friends have a three year old 2.0 EcoBoost Edge. When coolant started finding its way into the oil, they were on their way with a new engine in about four days. No deductible and no charge for a rental.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/at-ford-quality-is-now-problem-1.358163/
Probably because they’d fixed other cars with the same issue so many times😂. At least they took care of them.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I like it. Wheels look good and finally they got a tail end that looks good, last one was 2008 IMO. At least they still offer a 450+ HP V8 and a manual trans for those that wan it with the option of a 500HP NA version as well.

I had a Gen 6 Camaro 2SS. I liked the way it looked, and with the factory performance exhaust it sounded phenomenal, but it had several gremlins that left a bad taste in my mouth. In the end they were all fixed but I think it soured my taste for the car and I sold it back to a local dealer back in 2020. Taught me to never buy the first year of a new model again.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Best looking Mustang in decades... V8, rear wheel drive, manual transmission and looks like a Chevy. Never had a Ford but maybe when all I can get at the Dodge store is EV's...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The dash looks like a Mercedes. Hey that looks good, lets copy them.....BORING

I actually like the car.
Dodge will bring a 500hp I6 turbo to the plate. I think they can hit a home run with it too. But we need to wait a year as they have a year full of stickers to sell first.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
1663295380915.png

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not a fan of the new mustang...I liked the crisp sharp body lines of the MY21... its taking on a bloated look...and the dashboard..just plain sucks...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I would buy a 13-14 before that. Again I'm fine with what I have:)
Agreed. The 12-14 are my favorite of the newest generations.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
Everyone is comparing the new Mustang to the Camaro….clearly you can see they’re 2 totally different cars

1663331208722.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Because it is owned by WOKE European types.

Hey, Steal-from-us, we don’t like you. Your line of concepts are not going to be successful due to you attempting to not limit but absolutely give your potential customers NO choices. You better learn what appeals to us who are still free to make choices with our money. Your continual reveal of more and more “concepts” is now a joke in most circles.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ford has figured out the CAFE game.

Those 200k Lightnings will offset trucks like the Raptor so they can keep producing both. I think they said they will meet their 2029 requirement by 2025.

Chevy is still planning on a twin turbo C8 Corvette. And still producing the ZL1. But now they have a fleet of EVs in which to offset CAFE standards.

I think had Dodge brought an EV to market earlier, we wouldn't be seeing the death of the Hellcat. Hell, might have seen the 426 Hemi car come to life. Buying those stupid carbon credits is killing the bottom line. So unfortunately the V8s have to die.

I still like the idea of the I6 in a performance car.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't think it looks at all like the Camaro.