Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

4.5 Whipple guys

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I will buy the spacers from you :)
You’re first in line. I’ll know what we decide to do after the blower is off and we can see what’s going on. For sure we are plugging the offending holes in the heads and have ordered the gaskets. Let you know...

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Good info for future upgrades !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I chucked the spacers and went with cometics.

Zero oil in the valley since, thank goodness. That took me several weeks to chase down myself.
If you want more space, why not use gaskets on top and bottom of the spacers, and not rely on their built-in O-rings?

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Very good info here

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I had a similar issue, oil pooling in the valley. It turns out that some bolt holes provisioned for non-Hellcat manifolds on the Thiteks breach into oil filled spaces. The solution is to plug and seal these holes up. I used 5mm set screws with thread sealant and then I purchased a set of cometic intake gaskets since they mostly cover these holes. The cometic gaskets are probably not necessary if the holes are plugged properly but that’s what I did.

I tried the spacers before I figured out where the oil was really coming from. Take notice of where the oil is collecting. Outside of the intake port gaskets!

I circled the holes that need to be plugged in yellow. If you shine a light in the green circled oil galley, it’ll shine through and be visible through the nearest yellow hole.
View attachment 4588 View attachment 4589
You need to make a correction to your info here. The set screw size needed to plug the small inner holes are not 5mm, they are 6mm. Just went through the same problem on my new engine and had to return the 5mm set screws which ended up too small and waste another 1-1/2 hours of driving to get 6mm ones instead that worked perfectly along with a good thread sealant. This is a problem that is related to only the combination of Thitek Heads and FI spacers and has nothing to do with what twin screw your using. Found out from AJ that Thitek was suppose to stop drilling the holes right thru, but apparently Thitek has not done that yet or are getting rid of older stock first.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
You need to make a correction to your info here. The set screw size needed to plug the small inner holes are not 5mm, they are 6mm. Just went through the same problem on my new engine and had to return the 5mm set screws which ended up too small and waste another 1-1/2 hours of driving to get 6mm ones instead that worked perfectly along with a good thread sealant. This is a problem that is related to only the combination of Thitek Heads and FI spacers and has nothing to do with what twin screw your using. Found out from AJ that Thitek was suppose to stop drilling the holes right thru, but apparently Thitek has not done that yet or are getting rid of older stock first.
You're right, it's 6mm not 5mm.