Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

426 stoker arrived

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Send it Jake, quit F-ing around.

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Send it Jake, quit F-ing around.
Getting there! Ill drag it down your way when its ready!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Getting there! Ill drag it down your way when its ready!

Yeah, that would be sweet, bring it down to HRP.

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Yeah, that would be sweet, bring it down to HRP.
I will it its ready for sure

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Aaaah, I love seeing engines ready to go like that.

OK so I'm gonna ask a question and please don't everybody beat up on me for it because I've seriously wondered about this. Why start with a 60- 80K+ Hellcat as a race car? Why not a gently used 2018 - 2020 R/T for $30K(ish or less) and put the race car parts in it? Probably way cheaper. Slap a Hellcat badge on the side at the end and no one would even know (or care?) I think?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
The Hellcat is a better platform all around to start with. A modified Hellcat is way more reliable than a modified to hell Scat/5.7. To make a modified non Hellcat as quick as a modified Hellcat, empty that savings account.

OK so I'm gonna ask a question and please don't everybody beat up on me for it because I've seriously wondered about this. Why start with a 60- 80K+ Hellcat as a race car? Why not a gently used 2018 - 2020 R/T for $30K(ish or less) and put the race car parts in it? Probably way cheaper. Slap a Hellcat badge on the side at the end and no one would even know (or care?) I think?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

If it was going to be just a full out race car, I can see it. I think it depends on 2 things - how much one is wanting to get in the motor. Shit can the original? New block, and ground up build? And the other consideration is some like the "cache" of the Hellcat name. The brand name has taken on a life of its own. I agree, you can dump 30 to 50K into it have a damn fast car.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP

I have had the exact same thought as well. If I was going to build an all out drag (or any serious race) car, would definitely start out with a nice, but basic car to gut and hack up. It kills me to see what people like Demonology have done to ruin a rare car, but to each his own.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Hacking up a Demon is a completely different level LOL. Demonology thinks he'll be able to put that car back to stock "one day" little does he know :)

I don't think it'd be cheaper to start with a Hellcat honestly. Replacing the engine, trans, suspension, and usually the harness and computer system what's left?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hacking up a Demon is a completely different level LOL. Demonology thinks he'll be able to put that car back to stock "one day" little does he know :)

I don't think it'd be cheaper to start with a Hellcat honestly. Replacing the engine, trans, suspension, and usually the harness and computer system what's left?
Demonology is in the Utube “racing” business. Followers and sponsors, promotion and hype is the name of that game. The fact that his car is a Demon is a part of that game and separates his deal from all the others. He profits from that. It’s the Demon hype factor. If it was just a Hellcat you woulda never heard of him so there is a method to his madness. Personally.. I don’t put any value on the Demon hype. If you got it for MSRP, leave it 100% stock and drive it on the street…. Good deal! If you want to race it stock at the Legions with a goal…. Great. If you modify it……. It’s a Hellcat.

Last edited:
OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Demonology is in the Utube “racing” business. Followers and sponsors, promotion and hype is the name of that game. The fact that his car is a Demon is a part of that game and separates his deal from all the others. He profits from that. It’s the Demon hype factor. If it was just a Hellcat you woulda never heard of him so there is a method to his madness. Personally.. I don’t put any value on the Demon hype. I you got it for MSRP, leave it 100% stock and drive it on the street…. Good deal! If you want to race it stock at the Legions with a goal…. Great. If you modify it……. It’s a Hellcat.
I just want to go fast and hurt feelings

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
8460341D-E016-4277-A080-79A3FF860070.gif

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Save even more $ with an older high mileage R/T model. You won’t feel as bad lightening it up, adding a cage, chute, fuel cell and completely changing the brakes, suspension, trans and rear end combo.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Save even more $ with an older high mileage R/T model. You won’t feel as bad lightening it up, adding a cage, chute, fuel cell and completely changing the brakes, suspension, trans and rear end combo.
A “cheap” older base model Challenger has zero value in all of the stuff you’ll be removing. Engine, trans, diff, axles, brakes, wheels, interior pieces. By the time you recover the value of all that out of your Hellcat, you’ll have the same entry cost either way. The Hellcat is going to have some accessories and stuff like covers that add up fast if you don’t have them to transfer over. Starting with a older (15/16) Hellcat may actually be the most cost effective way to do it.

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #35
A “cheap” older base model Challenger has zero value in all of the stuff you’ll be removing. Engine, trans, diff, axles, brakes, wheels, interior pieces. By the time you recover the value of all that out of your Hellcat, you’ll have the same entry cost either way. The Hellcat is going to have some accessories and stuff like covers that add up fast if you don’t have them to transfer over. Starting with a older (15/16) Hellcat may actually be the most cost effective way to do it.
Id be way more money into this car if it wasnt a hellcat i feel like.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@jakeh1 it's your build my man, you can do it however you want I was just curious.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Which base model to start with makes sense if you have that plan from the very start.

But maybe someone starts out wanting the Hellcat, and then at a later time decides to go faster???

Just thinking out loud...

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #38
Which base model to start with makes sense if you have that plan from the very start.

But maybe someone starts out wanting the Hellcat, and then at a later time decides to go faster???

Just thinking out loud...
Thats how it worked for me and i paid 50k out the door for my car. Just wanted more and more so thats where it ended up lol

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #39
Update on the build for anyone who cares haha. Got the motor and transmission in today one more weekend and we should be able to fire it up. The headers were the way to go for sure. Im so excited!!

Still have the 15 inch conversion, aad drag suspension, nitrous, cage and some odds and ends after that. 20220305_183141.jpg 20220305_183149.jpg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
A couple suggestions. I’m assuming you are E85/90 with this. The combination I ran when I had the 4.5 Whipple on mine was the 4” pulley with the +10 ATI lower. The ID1700 injectors with the Fore triple pump worked well. I recommend the heavy spring billet belt tensioner to control the belt with that combination. That combination is easily capable of 1200+whp. Also (top secret) turn your throttle body upside down. Pic attached. 🤫 52238BD3-0AE8-452A-BFF1-B4EB1F360AC5.jpeg